Guns you dislike

JeffsSig

Guest bkelm18

A Stevens 200 in .308Win. I bought it turn turn into a "sniper" type rifle. Kicked like a mule (yeah yeah I'm a little girl). Didn't care for it. Sold it off and ended up getting a law enforcement model Savage and slapped a nice heavy stock on it. Shot like velvet butter all day.

Guest AreSeeFiddyWon

XD Subcompact .40S&W.

It was that dang 'cocked indicator' thing that stuck out the back of the slide. What is the purpose of that thing? Why does it need to protrude from the rear of the slide? There's already a 'one in the chamber' tell-tale. I could do without that too, but having both is pretty friggin' pointless. :hat:

I handle them all like they are loaded till my eye has saw an empty chamber, twice. Even then I ain't pointing it anywhere to worry about.

Guest JHatmaker

XDM .40, for some reason I wasn't very accurate with it. It wasn't horrible, but with all the praise it had gotten, I thought it would shoot a lot better than it did.

Traded it a couple months after I had gotten it.

XD Subcompact .40S&W.

It was that dang 'cocked indicator' thing that stuck out the back of the slide. What is the purpose of that thing? Why does it need to protrude from the rear of the slide? There's already a 'one in the chamber' tell-tale. I could do without that too, but having both is pretty friggin' pointless. :hat:..

Wow.

The cocked indicator let's you know the gun is cocked and ready to fire.

The loaded chamber indicator is to let you know there IS a round to fire. (and actually is required by some states to sell the gun in that state).

Both are tactile as well as visible, so you can feel them during a long dark night of covert operation. :D

I've heard people say they didn't see these two features as enough of a plus to swing the decision to buy an XD, but you're the first person I've ever head of who got RID of an XD because of them!

- OS

Guest Tusculum

A horrible little thing in semi auto called a Grendel. I think it was supposed to be called a "Gremlin" and they mispelled it! 380 caliber,must have had 25lb TP and sometimes the trigger would just by pass the trip or sear and youd have to take the back of your trigger finger and push it back foreward. I think it ended up in my pond with a Sten Mk111 that I paid a fortune for a semi auto kit for and never worked. Thanks, Jack

Guest dizzielizzie

A Taurus PT9 my old man got from one of his buddies. It was big and bulky and ugly.

He ended up trading it for a Walther PPK, which I don't like either because I end up cleaning the guns in the household and I still can't figure out how to put the thing back together... it has "novice dubs" on it, scratches from someone playing with it and not getting the slide lined up just right.

Guest m4coyote

Kel Tec P3AT. From a rest, my P3AT could not place all rounds from a magazine on an 8 1/2" X 11" target. I have no use for anything that inaccurate. Gave it away as a Christmas gift.

Taurus 24/7 Pro. This gun would throw its first two or three shots a few feet away from the rest of the "group". After disclosing the problem to the buyer, I sold it for a big loss the week after I purchased it new.

From now on, I will just say "no thanks" to any product produced by either of these companies.

I hate Glocks. They just don't fit me well. Never bought one though.

I also rented a Kahr and the trigger pin fell out while shooting. I don't care that it was a rode hard put up wet rental, that's bad enough that I will never consider owning one.

Phoinix amrs 22 semi auto. Dangest thing I ever saw, you had to put the safety on to remove the mag, you had to have the mag in place to rack the slide. I bought my wife one, we shot enough to know I would rather have a brick to throw and traded it off.

Guest mikedwood
Caulking gun. Whenever Ive got one of those in my hands - there is usually work to do.

I was going to go with a Keltec P 9 or 11 I can't remember, but yeah a caulking gun is without a doubt my most hated gun.