Guns you dislike

JeffsSig

Here's one that is really awful to shoot!

FMJDD1024.jpg

It's a double-derringer model "DD" from FMJ in Ducktown, TN and chambers 3" .410 shells as well as .45 Long Colt. It's a real trick to try and get a good hold on the ?grips? so that it doesn't bite you or go flying. There is a left/right barrel selector in front of the hammer that determines which firing pin gets hit when the hammer falls. I don't really regret getting it, but I certainly dislike shooting it.

Been trying to get one of those for years, glad I didn't now. Gotthe judge instead.

I've found that I do not like any guns that have levers or controls or things on their side that cause me to change my grip (modern "thumbs forward" style) or run the risk of inadvertantly locking the slide back (or releasing/not catching on an empty mag), unintentially putting the safety on, etc. or controls in places different than usual... because of this, most Sigs and most H&Ks are out for me...

Edited by CK1

FNP-9 bought the gun took it down to the range then traded it in on something else about 15 mins after I bought it.I just did not like the gun and didnt think it was very accurate.

Beretta Ninety Two bought it took it down to the range didnt think it was accurate at all or nothing close to how well I shoot with my 96.

I havent ran across an SKS that I havent wanted to smash against a tree due to how complex inserting a mag has to be.

I hate all of the Polymer Baby Eagles they just dont have a good feel to me.

I also dont like Hi-Points way to heavy and cheap,Jennings cheap,Lorcin cheap,pheonix cheap.

Browning Hi-Power and Walther PPK.

They leave snake bites on my hand....Otherwise great guns if you don't have large hands.

Don't care much for Glocks, M&P semi autos, or XD guns either. They are security/military/police tools rather than something you would be proud to save and hand to your children one day. People look at them like works of art...No value at all to me

Guest m4coyote
Hah. "I give to thee the inablilty to defend thyself, along with a false sense of security". The gift that keeps on giving.:popcorn:

I hear you my friend!:tough: The person who received it as a gift offered to purchase it from me several times, and for some reason, is still quite enamored with that little P3AT.

S&W Sigma 9mm and Kahr CW9.........both guns that I could have easily loved if they hadn't sold their souls on the triggers.

A Simga with a good trigger is AKA a Glock.:popcorn:

The SIG 226 .40 I had briefly. After hearing all the Sig talk about how great they are I got one. It was big, heavy, trigger was OK, really high bore, and the capacity was low in comparison to the competition.

Also, the Kel-Tec P11 for all the same reasons as the SIG minus a high bore axis.

BTW - how could anyone not love an AK! I invoke WOLVERINES!

wolverines.jpg

Edited by Smith
Guest oldhack62
Never met a gun I didn't like. Just prefer some more than others. :D

Yeah, that's kinda where I'm at, too -- though, I was glad for the opportunity to trade my Taurus PT-145 Millenium Pro (3rd Gen.) locally for a Bersa .45 UltraCompact and $50. I could deal with having to un-jam the break-down process every time I cleaned the Taurus (Who writes those manuals, anyway? I had to refer to online explanations in order to decipher it! Simply put, they left out a step.), and account for the fact it always shot low (despite my understanding of how to properly aim the Heinie sights), but the Bersa is much easier to get along with, and matches the rest of my carry arsenal.

Probably the pistol I'm most likely to part with is the one I carry most -- a Bersa Thunder .380 Concealed Carry. It's easy to conceal, and so I carry it almost everywhere. But -- aside from its marginal caliber -- it was serviced by Bersa warranty for a faulty trigger disconnect bar, and though it has fired several hundred rounds reliably since, it will be a goner should the problem ever recur. One time is a problem to be fixed, and it has been; twice is a pattern that I can't trust, and it will be impossible to reassure me again.

Eventually, somebody will express an interest in it, and I'll start carrying the Bersa 9mm UC -- which is completely reliable through 1,000 or so rounds. (Which I ought to do anyway, but the CC is so, darned handy to carry.)

Guest oldhack62
Bursa Thunder 380, rarely went through a clip without jamming.

Really? Try different ammo. I just shot two of mine this week -- including several mags through the 15-round Plus version -- without a misfeed or misfire.

Modern Bersas require a 200-or-so-round 'breaking in', but are generally reliable after that. Any feeding problem is usually ammo-related. They CAN BE picky eaters.

Looking back, all of my guns which I've parted with over the years have ended up being a lot like old girlfriends. Most of the problems with them which led to our separations were always at least partially my fault. I just set my expectations too high. In the end I didn't really dislike them, we just needed to see other people...:D

.Glock 26,the most useless Glock made.Too big for pocket carry,you have to get a pinky erection to reload it,sight radius too short......

Harshness........

:drama::lol::shake::D:biglol::blink::squint::screwy:

:stick::slap:

I love mine. It shoots perfect, never had any issues and the sight radius works well up to 30yrds for me........:cool: tis why I carry it every day. :P

Anyways, my most hated gun was an AutoOrdance .45acp. It was my first 1911 (which was a bad way to be introuduced to the 1911 platform). I bought it for cheap at $200 cause the trigger had issues. I spent $400 on getting it up to par and shootable. After swapping parts for Wilson parts and getting a new barell fitted, the damn thing shot low left EVERY time no matter who got a hold of the gun. 2 range masters lost $20 to me thinking they could shoot it accuratly with no issues....kept blamming me and the way I shoot. :D Needless to say I went home $40 richer....:P

My first pistol, a Jennings/bryco .22 with a euro mag release. good god i sold it quickly, for forty bucks at that! also i can't stand shooting snubbie wheelguns in .37 with standard grips. talk about paion...they're fine with wraparound grips and .38 rounds in them.

I was extreamly dissappointed to say the least in a Colt Magnum Carry I bought in the later 90's. Snubby .357, I thought the roughness of the trigger action would smooth out after breaking in but I couldn't shoot it that much because the cylinder would lock up on a particular chamber, first revolver I've had that would jam. The overall quality of the gun was sub-par, especially for having the Colt name on it.

Colt Defender. It never met a cartridge it couldn't jam. I never made it through one magazine without at least one stovepipe. Even clearing the jams was a bitch. Sent it back to Colt and received the same POS I sent them, Not one bit better. Had a 1911 smith work on it. No help. I might as well had bought a Jennings/Bryco. Bought as a carry gun but never trusted it to carry. Finally sold it to a guy who just loved it. I did disclose it's problems beforehand but he thought he could get it fixed. Guess what, he couldn't get it fixed either.

And I forgot about the first pistol I ever bought, a Sig P220. Never could hit the broad side of a barn with it. Saying the trigger pull was long is an understatement. I could start pulling the trigger and read War and Peace before the damned thing would finally go bang.

Mine was a Ruger Super redhawk 44mag. Stainless steel with rosewood handles. Put a red dot scope on it to hunt big game with. Bought it when I was real young and it was my first pistol. The gun was great, but it was hard to be accurate with it for my own personal reasons.

I was 18. I was always trying to squeeze the trigger and run from the recoil at the same time.

Never mastered it.

Edited by Timberdoodle