Cheap Zombie/Yeti Killer?

TNTitan

I haven't had a problem finding one in a gun store. Ammo can be found, but has become more expensive, but its out there. There is currently an underfolder at the link below for $400.00 plus shipping, TICS, and FFL fee. You should be able to find one with no problems. Maybe Hero Gear...I've heard they have a gun or two for such a small mom and pop store...:P

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm seeing alot of votes for the SKS and AK platforms. I am relatively unfamiliar with these guns, but google tells me they are pretty versatile, and fit my needs well (semi auto, high capacity, strong/plentiful caliber, not crazy $$, etc... )

Are these guns usually available in gun stores or do I need to scour classified ads or use gunbroker or some web service to find one?

I would shoot an SKS before buying one if I were you. Few are indifferent to them, it's kind of a love'em or hate'em kind of thing.

Byrd y waste the money on a 22 ar when u can get the 223 cal and just get a ar.. Also aks have gone up ALOT in price and 762 is just as expensive as 223 nowadays lol

Because I love .22. It is by far, my favorite caliber to shoot. When .223 drops to 2 cents per shot, I will change my mind but until then...

EDIT: Not to mention that the S&W is about half the cost of a real AR.

Edited by Capbyrd
Ok so buy a 165$ .22 kit

Plus an 800 dollar rifle is still more than 400 bucks and you have to switch back and forth. Noone will ever be able to convince me to ditch my want of a M&P15-22. I am just waiting on the threaded barrel version to come out and to see if they are going to release a Magpul edition.

Guest mustangdave

Gotta go with Ropin4gold...Ruger Mini14 in .223 or 7.62...reliable...garand style action...I call em the American AK. They're not as knit picky as your AR-15s. Mine will eat any ammo I feed it, and at $700 and change you can get 2 for the price of ONE AR-15. That's my :koolaid:

Ruger 10/22.

I love my SKS, with the exception of the trigger. It is horrible. M1 Carbines are great, but ammo has gotten expensive. AR15's are terminally ugly. AK47's aren't all they're made out to be in my opinion. A 30-30 lever would, however, fit your criteria well.

your gun choice is going to be very price dependent....

if $300 is the tops......then SKS is your semi

If you can stretch to $350-400 then you can get some 10rd mag WASR AK's and convert as money allows, or you can get a Saiga in 7.62x39 or .223 and convert when money allows.

If $500 is your cap, you can get a hi-cap WASR.

A bit more and you can get a Tantal, AK-74, or a bit nicer AK

If you'd like, I've got a Mosin, an SKS, and an M1 carbine. You're welcome to come out and shoot all three.

I love my M1. However, it's generally regarded as 'too small' of a caliber to be relied on for deer or zombies out past 75-100 yards, from what I've been told. You can buy one for 400-800 or so, depending on when and who made it, and if you buy through the CMP or at a gun shop/ gun show. Last time I bought ammunition, it was about 22.00 for 50 rounds. Not a cheap plinker. However, I can reload that same 50 rounds for about .25 cents a round, which is cheaper than the cheapest 7.62x54 I've seen lately.

The single stack AK that someone mentioned earlier can easily be converted to accept normal AK magazines, all it takes is some careful filing/ Dremeling in the mag well.

Me, I got a Polytech M14 and a Remy 870, which is the ultimate Zombie gun! Probably work well on mad Yeti's if I loaded it with slugs!

I still like the 30/30. People don't notice you as much as when your walking around with one of those evil black rifles.

Guest Swamprunner
Ruger Mini 14 in .223

Ruger Mini 30 in 7.62x39

Good, well built, common ammo......

I would personally save up about 800 and get an AR-15 though.

+1 on the Mini 14, but in stainless. I love mine. My kids keep trying to talk me out of it.