batons?

Guest salb3039

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can be certified to carry and keep a baton, right now the only one I know is TAC2 in Greenville

BATON CERTIFICATION CLASS

As some of you know, in TN, it is illegal to carry a “baton”, straight or expandable, (i.e.-ASP), unless you have taken a class and been “Certified” by a state certified baton instructor. There is no state permit, or license required, but you must take the class and carry your certification card on you. I am a “State Certified Baton Instructor” and as such, we offer a “Baton Certification” class at TAC2. Watch the "Calendar" and "What's New" on our web site for dates. Also, make sure you're signed up on our e-mail list to receive notification. Cost for TAC2 shooters is only $30, non-TAC2 shooters $40, TAC2 members $20. If you've looked at one of these classes elsewhere, you know this is a deal. Practice batons and striking pads will be provided. This is a 4 hour class. You will receive a Certification to legally carry a Baton in Tennessee upon successful completion of this class. Call "doc" Clifford Bryant . http://www.tac2.net/index.php

Guest BigBoostDSM

Do you have to be 21 to take this class/carry a baton? I'm looking for something for my girlfriend to have for the walk out of work. She works at a hospital and typically gets out at 2am. She's got a pocket knife in her purse for now.

Guest BigBoostDSM

Pepper spray is in her stocking this year for Christmas. Not sure about a stun gun though. I don't like the idea of the small tazer ones because she'd have to let someone get right up at her to use it. Same thing with the baton, but I was just curious.

same thing with a knife!get her a taser like leo's use that shoot the fish hooks into the perp.

I carry a 2ton jack handle in my driver side door.its about 2ft,2.5ft long,has plenty of weight to it and a nipple at the end that will make a nice piercing on a bg.

also get her to pay close attention of her surroundings,no one within 25ft,at that time of night there shouldn't be anyone around period.

Guest jcoyle6

I'd be interested in a TGO class. I had always thought that certificate holders only had to be those under the employment of a security company and that the rules and regs did not apply to private citizens.

Isn't there a permit in Tn that covers "Impact Weapons". That is

being able to carry legally a "Sap" and/or baton? Seems like I heard that

somewhere.

Or is that the same thing you guys are talking about?

No. It is an affirmative defense to carrying a "club or baton" if you hold a certification in the use of a club/ baton.

We read that to include saps and blackjacks (check definition of club under TN law) and had Southnarc come in a few months later and do a sap and blackjack class.