I survived the past 12 hours without TGO by...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
I cheated on you and went to the S&W forum.

The S&W forum is a dirty whore!

Reworked my investments and made $3,000,000 in the stock market!

Remind me to have you take care of that for me the next time I do this. :D

Now I'm trying to figure out the new software... and so far not liking it. :(

( Like the look, just not so wild about the functions just yet... )

Honestly those were my initial thoughts the first time I saw vBulletin 4. Give it a chance. It takes a little time but once you figure out where everything is again, it actually makes more sense logically than the way it used to be laid out.

:rofl: I yelled at the wife and kids.

They'll never demand you spend less time on the Internet again. :up:

Gonna take some new muscle memory, but it all seems to be there except for the home page. Looks like the data migration was 100%. Kudos to David for that.

Data retention was certainly top priority. It was also the easier part. :rofl:

Guest Jamie
Gonna take some new muscle memory, but it all seems to be there except for the home page. Looks like the data migration was 100%. Kudos to David for that.

The problem I'm having with the new software is that it seems to take more motions, clicks, or scrolls to do the same things as the previous incarnation did.

Now to get to the usual "advanced" screen to respond to a post, you can't just click "quote" and go on, but must click both "quote" and "go advanced" to get to where just "quote" used to take you...

At least that's how it seems so far. I could be missing something though.

( I've never used the "quick reply" window, btw. )

J.

The problem I'm having with the new software is that it seems to take more motions, clicks, or scrolls to do the same things as the previous incarnation did.

Now to get to the usual "advanced" screen to respond to a post, you can't just click "quote" and go on, but must click both "quote" and "go advanced" to get to where just "quote" used to take you...

At least that's how it seems so far. I could be missing something though.

( I've never used the "quick reply" window, btw. )

J.

Hit the "reply with quote" button. Hitting it twice will take you to Advance.

Guest Jamie
Hit the "reply with quote" button. Hitting it twice will take you to Advance.

That's still twice as much work... * looks for "lazy bastard" smilie *

:D

( Thanks, that does help. :rofl: )

J.

Guest Jamie

Honestly those were my initial thoughts the first time I saw vBulletin 4. Give it a chance. It takes a little time but once you figure out where everything is again, it actually makes more sense logically than the way it used to be laid out.

It's not like I have a choice, is it?

I mean, you're not gonna put it back the way it was if I don't like it, are ya? :rofl:

I first sat down in front of a computer early in 1986... I've seen A LOT of software since then, and seen it change a bunch of times, so I'll likely manage just fine.

( I started off with AutoCad ver. 2.0 and Lotus... and a bunch of other dinosaur programs that are long since dead and turning to crude oil. )

It's just gonna take somewhere between a week and a month of cussin'... but I'll eventually get there. :D

J.

Edited by Jamie
. . . . I first sat down in front of a computer early in 1986... I've seen A LOT of software since then, and seen it change a bunch of times, so I'll likely manage just fine.

( I started off with AutoCad ver. 2.0 and Lotus... and a bunch of other dinosaur programs that are long since dead and turning to crude oil. ). . . . J.

Newboy!! I was writing Fortran programs on punch cards in the late 60's.

Guest Jamie
Newboy!! I was writing Fortran programs on punch cards in the late 60's.

I've seen those too, though I've never worked on 'em.

The state was still using punch card machines as late as 1989 or 90.

( Most of the folks here would probably :rofl: themselves to :D if they had to go back to using DOS. )

J.

Edited by Jamie
Guest BEARMAN

I crawled back into the coolness of my last winters den, ate some fresh blackberries, and took a long pre-hibernation nap....

Now I come out to find that David has done a most wonderful job of reconfiguring my toys!

Good job, Dave...you must have worked your buttocks off, in the last 24 hrs.

Now...as other's have said....I must practice my compentency skills on this newfangled contraption. :cool:

Dang it, my old spellchecks not working! Oh well, maybe it's wright. :D

Guest Jamie

Now...as other's have said....I must practice my compentency skills on this newfangled contraption. :cool:

Remember, cussing DOES help. :D

J.

• Administrator
This new layout really hurts my eyes/head for some reason...I hope it changes...maybe its just because i was used to the old setup but this seems overly complicated kind of like BMW's IDrive.....its also....ugly imho.

I wouldn't have expected anything less. :cool: