Quran BBQ

Il Duce

Muslims Protest Plans to Burn Quran - WSJ.com

JAKARTA, Indonesia — Thousands of Indonesian Muslims are rallying outside the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta to denounce a Florida church's plan to burn copies of the Quran on Sept. 11.

The Dove World Outreach Center in Gainesville, Fla., said it will burn the Islamic holy book on the ninth anniversary of the terror attacks. Local officials have denied a permit for the bonfire on the church's grounds. But the center, which made headlines last year by distributing T-shirts that said "Islam is of the Devil,'' insists it will go ahead with the plan.

About 3,000 members of a hard-line Islamic group marched Saturday to the U.S. Embassy in downtown Jakarta, waving banners and posters condemning the plan. The group organized similar rallies in five other cities across Indonesia, the world's largest Muslim nation.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would that be vinegar based barbacue, Tomato based of Mustard based. I know it will be pork.

I personally think that the Dove World Outreach Center should be ashamed of themselves. They should change their name to the Hate Outreach Center. I agree with Moped. This could put American's abroad in danger. I don't care if you believe in Jesus, Mohammed, Budha or the Tooth Fairey. That's not my business and it is a free country. Just don't go stirring the :) and preaching hate.

Edited by Will Carry
Guest Sgt. Joe

I agree with you all and with the General that this is an uneeded act and pretty stupid too.

But at the same time it goes to show how these people are all about tolerance and allowing others to do what they please so long as it is THEM being tolerated and being allowed to do what they please.

I'm sorry but I fought for Freedom for ALL.

I dont agree with fools being allowed to burn our Flag either and it took me a long time to come to terms with it but the Freedoms that I fought for do in fact allow it. I would not reccomend anyone do it front of me as I also still have a right to bail and a fair trial after the fact but Freedom is Freedom.

Dont get me wrong I DO think it is a stupid idea, but Americans have become too dam nice, so long as they dont harm anyone else or their property......Let them burn what ever the heck they please.....It is their Right.

"Cant fix Stupid" applies to ALL.....Just like Freedom.

Flip this around and imagine how the people at that church would react if a mosque decided to burn the Bible. I seem to remember something about doing unto others as you would have them do unto you in the Bible. Both sides of this issue need to remember the Golden Rule.

Dove Outreach is just copying what they hear and see from the muslims that call the US the "Great Satan". Neither side is right and copying your enemies makes them the winner. To stand back and let them run over you also makes them the winner like the PC group is currently doing by going out of their way to be courteous to those that follow Islam when Islam is a religion of war to conquer the infidel. That is why Indonesia is now Muslim. It is also a religion of peace and love for those that follow the one true path as all others are worthless. There are some Christian religions that follow the same creed. Remember that America was inhabited by people that were outcast due to religious intolerance in their native countries. The last thing Americans should condone is religious intolerance from any group.

Edited by Desert Rat

Another case of "just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it." It's protected free speech, just as burning a flag or burning a bible would be.

I try to live my life by a simple credo. "Life is tough. We're all in this together. Don't be a d*ck."

This definitely comes under the heading of "being a d*ck."

Another case of "just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it." It's protected free speech, just as burning a flag or burning a bible would be.

I try to live my life by a simple credo. "Life is tough. We're all in this together. Don't be a d*ck."

This definitely comes under the heading of "being a d*ck."

Nice. I like it.

I didn't hear about millions of Christians rioting in the streets over this: Christians in Gaza Fear for Their Lives as Muslims Burn Bibles and Destroy Crosses - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

I think everybody should leave each other's religion alone and grow a thicker skin... All this disparity illustrates, is the type of rabid-animals-screaming-for-the-world-to-bow-before-their-demand-for-preference that we are dealing with. If they can't take being offended, then they should think twice before offending... realistically, a handful of the people radical-Islam constantly offends will decide to sink to their level... which is what we have here. I'd love it if we could agree to keep our radicals in check, if they would keep their own radicals in check... if that could be achieved, I'd be protesting the que-ran burning personally.

...but as it is, I just think it's comical how some groups of people just can't seem to get over themselves.

Seems the pastors daughter says he was run off from his last church for using church funds to pay personal bills. Maybe he should spend time studying on "Thou Shalt Not Steal' rather than inciting international incidents!

Guest mosinon

This is only a big deal because he wants it to be a big deal. The best way to get rid of a troll is to ignore him. The media played their part acting like this is a big deal or something when it isn't. or rather wouldn't be if no one paid attention. Sadly, he has gotten just what he wants and that is amplification.

Go burn whatever books you want, it's your stuff. Note to the media: I appreciate that you like the controversy but sometimes you should just stuff go. Especially when it just doesn't matter.

I do not have a problem with them burning the Quran.

The troops are already in danger, burning books or not. They say there is a $1000 bounty on their heads right now.

I am disappointed with tv networks and news papers bowing to the Muslims. They are afraid to show images of Muhammad. Everyone is afraid to piss them off, but yet they kill US Mission workers who go over there to help the poor. They Cut the heads off of the contract workers over there trying to help them rebuild.

I agree 2 wrongs don't make a right. But how many times are you going to let the bully take your lunch money before you fight back.

I do not have a problem with them burning the Quran.

The troops are already in danger, burning books or not. They say there is a $1000 bounty on their heads right now.

I am disappointed with tv networks and news papers bowing to the Muslims. They are afraid to show images of Muhammad. Everyone is afraid to piss them off, but yet they kill US Mission workers who go over there to help the poor. They Cut the heads off of the contract workers over there trying to help them rebuild.

I agree 2 wrongs don't make a right. But how many times are you going to let the bully take your lunch money before you fight back.

I'm not afraid to piss them off and I agree we shouldn't bow to them. I just don't see the point in burning their religious book. It doesn't help anything and it only takes us down to their level unnecessarily.