I promised the folks at Classic Arms...

I promised the folks at Classic Arms that I'd share a lil' story with ya.

I placed an order 2 weeks ago yesterday (Tuesday 6/28) for 2 Mosins (one round Izzy and one sniper). More research revealed that the "original Russian sniper" is really a reproduction, so I called the next morning to change it to a hex Dragoon rifle. The person on the phone was real snitty and abrupt and I wish I had just said nevermind, cancel the order right then. But then I wouldn't get to tell you this story.

After several days, my online invoice never reflected the $300 price difference, so I called back (Friday (7/1). It seems that they can't change the invoice to reflect my real order once it's placed online...still, not very friendly, but I'm still too dense to take a hint.

I waited til about a week ago to call and verify that I would still get an email when my order ships. Since there won't be updates to my online invoice, how can I know when it will ship? I need to be able to track the pkg and be home to sign for it. I was told they'll have my order shipped by Friday 7/8 and an email will follow. At this point it's been a week and a half, so I'm expecting an apology for the delay...NOPE, but at least I know now that my order is almost out of their hands, so I said thank you.

Well, I got a call from them yesterday (Tuesday 7/12) saying they started fulfilling orders. Turns out they ran out of both of the rifles I ordered 2 weeks ago, before they got to me and want to know "What do you want me to about your order?".

A moment of cool-headedness made me think twice about actually indicating which orifice into which they could forcibly insert my order. Still polite, I asked is this how the order process usually goes. "Well, some times...see, we never really know what we'll get in, so some times we don't have as many of some rifles as we thought we would."

I wish I had been more polite to the person on the phone when I asked what kind of garage sale operation they are running. It shouldn't take 2 weeks to let a customer know they aren't getting what they ordered. I should have gotten that call on Friday when I was promised it would go out.

Regardless, I made it clear that not only would I NEVER order from them again, but I would make sure I warn everyone else what to expect if they decide to do business with Classic Arms, A DIVISION OF U.S. ARMS LLC. P.O. Box 125 • Indian Trail, NC 28079 - www.classicarms.us

Edited by BigK
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their website IMO is primitive, to say the least. And security is non-existent.

Both times I ordered online, my card number was compromised within a week or two. No problem with one phone order.

Although happy with the products ordered, I'm unlikely to use them again.

I don't know why any gun related dealer would ever even consider not being the MOST helpful a human can be. Name one group of people as tenacious and unforgiving as gun owners. It doesn't even take truth! One good interwebz rumor and someone will get blackballed.

As my pawpaw used to say, "They're sh!!!ng in their own nest" Not that I would have been ordering from them anytime soon, but the next time I happen across them while shopping, the chances I pass over them and look elsewhere are high.

Not that I would have been ordering from them anytime soon, but the next time I happen across them while shopping, the chances I pass over them and look elsewhere are high.

My thoughts exactly. I keep my FFL on file with them and do a good bit of browsing on their site, but hadn't actually placed an order from them yet.

Placed an order with them last month for Tula Hex Mosin. After about a week they called and said they were out, asked to change it to any Izzy Hex, they were out, ok, change it to a Tula round, out of those too. I asked what do you have, they said just round Izzy's. Well dont really want one of those so I cancelled the order all together. Got lucky because next day Aim had some Hexes available and got one from them. Was not really upset with Classic as I understand they run out and they did call me within a few days of me placing the order. Just wish they would have done better job keeping up with website so they would avoid these issues altogether.

Guest bkelm18
Name one group of people as tenacious and unforgiving as gun owners.

The online world of backpacking and hiking can get quite cutthroat. I've never seen so many arrogant and rude people than on various hiking/backpacking forums I've been on. So yes, there are others like us. ;)

I have used Southern Ohio Gun and Century Arms both have gave me great service. I had a M1 Garand ordered from Century they called me to tell me they couldn't ship the rifle because they found some problems with some of the rifles in the shipment that they had. Both of them have been prompt with shipment and always provide tracking info upon request.

I would have completely understood that they could run out of an item. Coincidentally running out of both items on my order is just crazy bad luck, but still understandable. Not calling to tell me for 2 weeks is neither understandable nor forgivable in my book.

I'm gonna either try J&G Sales or Southern Ohio Gun next. What's the worse that could happen, I get jerked around for 2 weeks and end up with no guns?

...And security is non-existent. Both times I ordered online, my card number was compromised within a week or two.

Thanks a lot ttocswob, now I'm scared I'm gonna get credit card raped too.

Aim doesn't have the best selection and they sell out quickly but they are far and away my favorite company to order from. J&G and SOG both just seem second rate in comparison.

I have my C&R on file at all 3 as a matter of fact. Just forgot about AIM. I'll try them too, thanks for the reminder.

Guest Aces&8s

This is good to know... I browse their site often, and have almost ordered from them a couple of times, but could never pull the trigger, so to speak. For some reason I could never get over those chromed-out, pimptastic AK's they are always pushing, but that's just me.

I've had good service from SOG and AIM. I browse Classic Arms site occasionally, but I've never ordered anything. I'll stick with AIM and SOG.

I spent several years in customer service. Stock shortages happen, but poor service is something I have a low tolerance for.

Glad I read this because I was considering ordering a couple of Mosins from them, including one of those snipers. Thank you for saving me a lot of aggravation.

I can't believe they would be so rude and so deceptive with their business practices. They are Christians. Says so right at the top of their website. And they have a daily Bible verse for you on there too.

Actually... that's usually the first red flag I look at when considering doing business with anyone. I always feel that if you have to broadcast it to get business, something isn't quite right. A good Christian attitude and ethic will show through on its own.

Edited by East_TN_Patriot