OH NO: A semi-automatic weapon!

Guest nicemac

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming that it really was a semi-auto then I see no problem with it being reported that way and I note the headline says that the people were shot by the "suspect" rather than shot by "the gun"!

In any case, this is sad...but a good example of why those of us who carry do carry...it's too bad someone couldn't have stopped this guy before he shot eight.

Edited by RobertNashville

4 dead, 6 wounded in Nevada shooting - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

Of course, MSNBC reports automatic fire:

"We just heard basically a string of gunshots, probably 5 to 7 back to back to back to back and then there was probably 30 second delay then an automatic weapon fired, probably 20 to 30 shots," said Gary Gamba, general sales manager at Michael Hohl Motors, which is across the street from the IHOP.

I am sorry to hear that people lost their lives, but I did not like the comment that "things like that don't happen here". I think that mentallity sets people up for failure. You have to believe that crazy crap can happen anywhere. God bless the victims and their families.

4 dead, 6 wounded in Nevada shooting - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

Of course, MSNBC reports automatic fire:

"We just heard basically a string of gunshots, probably 5 to 7 back to back to back to back and then there was probably 30 second delay then an automatic weapon fired, probably 20 to 30 shots," said Gary Gamba, general sales manager at Michael Hohl Motors, which is across the street from the IHOP.

That's what I heard on the radio today.

"The AK-47 was recovered and authorities will determine whether it was an automatic, Furlong said. An empty 30-round gun magazine and two other gun magazines were recovered. A pistol and assault rifle were found in or near a vehicle, the sheriff said."

Gunman kills 3, wounds others at Nevada IHOP - CNN.com

"Aside from the AK-47 rifle used in the attack, authorities say they found a pistol and another rifle in the minivan Sencion left in the parking lot. "

Gunman Kills Two National Guard Members, One Other In Shooting Rampage At Nevada IHOP | FoxNews.com

- OS

Guest ArmaDeFuego

I'm sorry this happened. ;)

It further reinforces my view though that everyone should exercise their 2nd amendment right. If someone in that IHOP would have been carrying they might could have stopped this tragedy or at least mitigated some of the damage.

Another black eye for us.

My condolences go out to the families of those who died.

SadAngel.gifSadAngel.gif

The familes have my sympathies as well...

But who exactly are "us"?

This guy does not represent gun owners or those who carry any more than a drunk driver represents everyone that has a car. Stupid/Crazy people do stupid/crazy stuff, the tools they do it with doesn't mean everyone that has those tools are the same.

Guest bkelm18
The familes have my sympathies as well...

But who exactly are "us"?

This guy does not represent gun owners or those who carry any more than a drunk driver represents everyone that has a car. Stupid/Crazy people do stupid/crazy stuff, the tools they do it with doesn't mean everyone that has those tools are the same.

While I somewhat agree, you know as well as I do that guns and cars are two completely different subjects. People don't cry out for Automobile Bans when a drunk driver kills someone. After any shooting people start crying for a weapons ban. It just adds fuel to the fire.

While I somewhat agree, you know as well as I do that guns and cars are two completely different subjects. People don't cry out for Automobile Bans when a drunk driver kills someone. After any shooting people start crying for a weapons ban. It just adds fuel to the fire.

Well I don't argue that the majority public perception will be to blame the tool when it comes to firearms. But that doesn't mean gun owners have to agree with it or add to it.

Guess it just struck me wrong.....not sure how to ever get idiots out there to stop blaming the tool and to start blaming the person using it.

I'm sorry this happened. :)

It further reinforces my view though that everyone should exercise their 2nd amendment right. If someone in that IHOP would have been carrying they might could have stopped this tragedy or at least mitigated some of the damage.

This was the reaction my wife had while I was reading the story. " Didn't anyone in the restaurant have a gun"?