What quick do it yourself mods have you done to your Glocks?

Links2k

On my G19, G26 and G30SF I have installed a 3.5lb connector, titanium safety plunger, extended slide stop, tungsten guide rod with factory spring weight and titanium strikers for the 19 and 30SF.

What have you done to improve a already "Perfect" pistol?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a grip chop to my G22 . It now accepts G27 mags. I also sanded down its RTF which was really aggressive. It all took me about 2 hrs to do it. That doesnt include me going to the ER when I jammed the exacto knife through my hand while trimming the grip.

001.jpg

I did a grip chop to my G22 . It now accepts G27 mags. I also sanded down its RTF which was really aggressive. It all took me about 2 hrs to do it. That doesnt include me going to the ER when I jammed the exacto knife through my hand while trimming the grip.

001.jpg

Yeah that was pretty brutal.

G30: Grip tape grips

001.jpg

I think that I remember you mentioning that accident.

Gen 3 26: Trigger polish job.

Gen 2 17: Trigger polish job and a 3.5 ghost connector.

Gen 3 19: Trigger polish job, 3.5 ghost connector, steel guide rod and I replaced all of the other internals.

Gen 4 19: Trigger polish job. I had a 3.5 ghost connector, but I removed it when the trigger started breaking like a 1/4" dowel rod.

I gutted my Glock 34 and it replaced with it a Vanek Grandmaster Trigger kit. It was an unbelievable improvement, although it was too light (for my taste) for carry purposes. Unfortunately, I just couldn't overcome the ergonomics of the Glock, so I traded it away.

Glocks are perfection from the factory, never do anything to them, it would be sacrilege and a waste of time, effort and money.

CrewServedGlock.jpg

HOLY MOSES !!! That looks like a satellite that should be in orbit around Earth durring the Cold War Era . Just kidding Craig .

I have tried and have done about everything one can do with a Glock. Ditto that Vanek trigger that a previous poster mentioned. However, I have ordered a Fulcrum trigger kit for one of my dedicated .22LR Glocks with Advantage Arms conversion kit. Even with a Taylor Freelance Seattle Slug in the grip void at 3.5oz an AA .22LR Glock only weighs around 15 oz. At that weight triggers are important if you want to make little groups with an ultra light weight .22LR pistol. The traditional .25 cent trigger job with 3.5lb connector won't get it. So I want to see what the possibilities are. Hey - tercel89 - Cold War? I resemble that. You calling me old? :)

3.5 lb connector on a few of my Glocks. That's it. I've never had a problem

with any of them, so I haven't really considered much else. I might get try

night sights on the 30.

I did the .25 cent trigger job on two glocks ONLY because I didnt shoot them enough to make the trigger smoother.

As said above, purchased a holster and loaded the mags. As my carry gun I prefer to leave it stock, trust my life and my familys lives with it!

Mike

G34 - FO front site, Wesselman Grip Tape, Stainless non-captive guide rod, Glocktriggers Challenger Kit, blacked out factory adjustable rear site, titanium skeletonized striker, 13# recoil spring

G26 - Front Night Site, Pearce +0 Finger extensions, G34 Slide Stop

I like having the same manual-of-arms for my comp gun and carry weapon, but I don't ever mess with the internals on my carry pieces.

Mac