What is the one you're holding out for?

StPatrick

Easy - - - The Triple Lock. “The Finest Revolver Everâ€

Smith & Wesson 1st Model .44 Hand Ejector. :D

15bnrb.jpg

I've come close over the years in my quest, but condition and price are always a major factor with these firearms. If I was really dreaming, I would wish for one of the 8-10 known to be in .45 Colt.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is a Smith 617 .22lr revolver with a 6" barrel. Too bad nobody ever sells one once they acquire it.

I tried to buy a used 617 for a long time. I finally sent PM’s to the forum dealers and got a new one from Guns & Leather for less than most wanted for used, and far below what other dealers wanted for new.

Try PMing the supporting vendors; sometimes it works; sometimes it doesn’t.

Last month it was a Kahr MK40. After not being able to find a used one I ordered new.

This month it’s a .223 heavy barrel bolt. But since it’s just going to be a range toy I can wait for a good deal on used for it.

After 40 years of going through guns; I don’t become attached anymore. It’s always something. :D

My 'wants' are usually pretty simple. My 'some day' handgun was a Super Blackhawk in .44 Magnum. I got one of those a few months ago. That doesn't mean there aren't still handguns out there that I'd 'like' to have or some that I might not even know I want unless I come across a 'deal', just that right now there isn't a handgun that is nagging me to get it 'one of these days'. Right now, my 'want it' gun would be a stainless and wood (probably a Rossi) lever action rifle/carbine chambered in either .38/.357 or .44. Of course, if I go with the .38/.357 then I will eventually 'need' a single action .357 handgun - maybe a Blackhawk - to go with it (I have a couple of double action .357 revolvers but that's just not the same.) Unfortunately, my gun budget is just about nil at the moment and probably will remain so for the foreseeable future.

Well I have a few guns on the old want list. First would be a .44 mag automag. Those are just awesome looking guns. Never handled one in .44 but a guy was using a .22 automag at the range not long ago and he let me put a few rounds through it. The other would be a fullsize Desert Eagle in .50 A&E. Just because I have always wanted one. The final gun would be the S&W X frame .500 Mag. Either barrel length would be fine. Oh and I want them all for the price of a soda. lol Keep dreaming and drinkin kool-aid.:up:

Everybody has that one handgun they'll pick up if it comes along at the right price someday. Mine is a Smith 617 .22lr revolver with a 6" barrel. Too bad nobody ever sells one once they acquire it...what are you all holding personal vigils for?

They're too much fun to sell.

I'm looking for a S&W Model 41 Performance Center.

Mike