Smart A** local gunshop

So I emailed a local shop in Seymour about the price they had something listed for. It was more than competitors so I aksed if there was anything included that wasn't listed in the ad to make up the difference in pricing. Some places do include additional items and because it was on online ad I was unsure if it did include anything other than the firearm.

This was their response:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Bushmaster BA50 we have listed on ArmsList. We have carefully reviewed your inquiry and believe we have an answer that may be of some benefit to you. We feel that one of the following three scenarios exist and have provided a respective solution to each:

Scenario One:

You’re bored.

Solution: We recommend that you try surfing websites such as YouTube, Facebook, or break.com

Scenario Two:

You are genuinely uneducated in variable markets, competitive price-points, free market strategies, etc…

Solution: There is no solution, or hope, for you. Crawl back in bed, cover yourself with your blanket and wait patiently for the rapture.

Scenario Three:

Your inquiry was an honest one and your intent was not to instigate but rather to sincerely learn why some things cost more at certain places and less at others.

Solution: This one stumped us for about three minutes. We could take the time to educate you on market fluctuations and competitive strategies, but we fear that you would immediately follow up with a question such as ‘Why is the sky blue’, or worse yet ‘Where do babies come from’. Therefore we must refer you to solution number two and offer a prayer for you.

We truly hope that this has been of some help and we wish you well.

Respectfully,

This shop's response has made sure I will not do any business with them, and I was seriously considering it. It will also ensure I will tell everyone I know who to avoid them. They seem to be a all in one shop that does HCP classes as well as sell firearms.

PM me if you want their name so you can avoid these smart asses.

Dolomite

Wow! How do businesses expect to compete if they cannot offer customer service? You can buy a gun anywhere, but you need customer service to really have a good business. I've been dealing with the "public" for 15+ years and have always treated others like I wish they would treat me. Definitely tell all your friends about this place and find a better, more customer oriented shop to deal with.

People are going to price things how they want. Market will bear what is fair but as I have said before I will not support a local shop that is charging $200+ more or even more so one that feels the need to insult customers.

Their choice in how they handled it but they definitely cost themselves some sales in this tough economy.

Another thing is they charge a 20%-30% restocking on anything that is returned.

Dolomite

Edited by Dolomite_supafly
Wow. Why is customer service so hard for some folks?

Because there's obviously no punishment for not doing your job. I just got back from trying to buy a freezer at Lowes. Couldn't get anybody to wait on me. Spent my money at Home Depot instead.

Because there's obviously no punishment for not doing your job. I just got back from trying to buy a freezer at Lowes. Couldn't get anybody to wait on me. Spent my money at Home Depot instead.

I normally get good customer service out of both places. I would send an email to somebody above the local level.