Any Jeep owners here?

TGO David

• Administrator

I've been helping put together a forum for Jeep owners in Tennessee. I know I've seen some folks with Jeeps in their avatars or who have mentioned owning Jeeps in threads here, so I figured I'd throw this out there to anyone who wants to take a look. The basic idea is to give Tennessee folks a local rallying point for organized events, trail rides, get togethers, wrench parties, etc.

If you're into that sort of thing, head over to Tennessee Jeeps and take a look. It's been up and running for a few days now but the group hasn't been promoting it very much yet. Some traffic would be nice.

The format of the forum will look pretty familiar to you. It was easier to just re-work and re-use than come up with something entirely different. :)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just registered. We are on the third Jeep in the family. The wife drives a 2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Edition. She won't drive, is not interested in anything else. We got into Jeeps looking for something to tow behind the motorhome and she won't leave.

Highly successful site, look below. The owner of that site started a TN site as he had plans to move here but that fell through and his TN site failed.

I do believe a well run TN site will do well.

Did I see a lighter version option there like you gave us here?

oldogy

The Florida Jeepers Offroad Association Index

Do Jeep Cherokees count? We've got a 1999, 2000 and a 2001. They run and run and run. Used to have a 1994 and a 1995, I think a church lady is still driving one.

Used to have a 1951 Willys CJ-3A flat-fendered jeep and wish I still did. My son signed the title over to his fiancee when he went into the Marines . . . and clearly she ain't his fiancee anymore, but she still has the Jeep. It's probably rotting in a Nebraska cornfield now. Oh well. I'll get another some day.

Well, as a former owner of a 1986 jeep cherokee( even stock it would go about anywhere). I'd be interested in at least helping out when i can. Maybe help organize some trail rides someday. All i have off-road capable is my 1998 Dodge Durango and my 2008 can-am Outlander max( but it's about as big as a Willy's jeep).

Look into TOHVA (Tennessee-Off-Highway-Vehicle-Association).

Guest mcgyver210

I am already a member of a few communities since I have been trying to learn as much as I can about the two new to us jeeps we bought because of our son wanting one.

1988 YJ in good shape & 1994 YJ in not so good shape.

Dang Neil. That things is beautiful.

I almost bought one a few months ago but I really can't see myself having one as a daily driver down here in this terrible traffic.

Yeah they can be very cumbersome in heavy traffic, but a lot of fun otherwise. If you decide to buy one that has been lifted, PM me before you do and I'll give you some tips and pitfalls to avoid. Don't ask me how I know :)

• Administrator

TOR is so unpredictable. Up, down, online, offline... I don't think it will be a problem getting a small Jeep community going for the Tennessee folks. None of us over there have any misconceptions about the fact that the site will remain small. JK-Forum.com, WranglerForum.com and others have the market cornered for big sites.

TOR is so unpredictable. Up, down, online, offline... I don't think it will be a problem getting a small Jeep community going for the Tennessee folks. None of us over there have any misconceptions about the fact that the site will remain small. JK-Forum.com, WranglerForum.com and others have the market cornered for big sites.

I spend about 33% of my internet time on JK-Forum, 33% here, and the remaining everywhere else.

Another competitor for this site will be local Jeep club sites, like midsouthjeeps.com (The Memphis area Jeep club site). I've been a member in the past, but not active. Unfortunately, like shooting, my free time is very limited and I don't get to go out and enjoy either very much.