Walking dead....

Caster

Yes and Rick gave it to Carl and told him to keep it. I was pleasantly surprised by this. I'll bet you a dollar and a quarter Rick is happy he did that now!

While it turned out to be a good thing that Carl had the gun, I'm puzzled by the fact that Rick didn't give it back to Daryl, knowing it was his and that Carl stole it. That makes Rick an accessory to the crime, unless this is symbolic of a society without the rule of law.

Edited by DaddyO

Yep. And then Carl used it to kill walker Shane. However, they never addressed how Carl got it back to give it to Shane to give it to Rick to give it back to Carl.

And apparently, Daryl was not concerned in the least that he was missing the firearm that Carl took, dropped, retrieved, gave to Shane, who gave to Rick, who gave back to Carl, who then killed zombie Shane with it.

All that makes perfect sense except for the lack of concern that Daryl has displayed.... ;) (Please notice humorous smiley / wink, as this statement was meant to be facetious)

Edited by Good_Steward

The crossbow is Daryl's weapon of choice, so I don't think he missed the pistol from the perspective of depending on it. I'm afraid that if I was running away from walkers I would not spend a huge amount of time looking for one I didn't plan to use much anyway. Of course, the season finale may make every weapon vital.

I think this is the way they have everyone leave the farm. They were getting settled in to the point where they were moving into the house instead of camping. Remember the first season had them getting comfortable at the CDC only to have it blow up and the season end with them on the run.

And apparently, Daryl was not concerned in the least that he was missing the firearm that Carl took, dropped, retrieved, gave to Shane, who gave to Rick, who gave back to Carl, who then killed zombie Shane with it.

All that makes perfect sense except for the lack of concern that Daryl has displayed.... ;)

Regarding the pistol, Daryl said "Wish I knew what happened to it" as they were getting ready to go out looking for Randall. So he did notice that it was gone.

Regarding the pistol, Daryl said "Wish I knew what happened to it" as they were getting ready to go out looking for Randall. So he did notice that it was gone.

Missed that one completely. Of course, I was being facetious.

And Caster, you are correct. Chuck Norris is NOT in the episode because it is not a survival issue for him. In fact, he may have caused the outbreak by round house kicking someone so hard it killed them and brought them back to life; hence: undead....

• Like 1

All that makes perfect sense except for the lack of concern that Daryl has displayed.... ;)

At one point in the episode someone (T-Dog?) handed Daryl a gun that was identified as "Dale's Gun". Daryl said "I wish I knew what happened to mine" (to paraphrase). So he's concerned but I doubt a missing gun has a high priority given everything else going on.

Edit: Gah, serves me right for not going to the next page before replying. DaddyO beat me to it.

Edited by Viracnis

And Caster, you are correct. Chuck Norris is NOT in the episode because it is not a survival issue for him. In fact, he may have caused the outbreak by round house kicking someone so hard it killed them and brought them back to life; hence: undead....

Chuck Norris is the one human zombies know they can't eat.

HA! It's certainly possible.

Chuck Norris is the one human zombies know they can't eat.

If a zombie bites Chuck Norris the zombie will turn into Chuck Norris.

Since my wife and I separated and I can't get cable where I now live (don't want dish - my sister, who lives next door, had it and it sucked out there - plus I think you have to take one of the higher tier packages to get AMC on dish but I could be wrong) I have missed the second half of the second season. There is no good option for high speed internet out there, either (yeah, I live in the boonies - but I CAN shoot in my back yard), so no joy on finding the episodes online. The last episode I saw was the one where Daryl was looking for Sophia and had to pull the crossbow bolt out of his own side to shoot a Walker. I actually come into this thread to keep up with what is going on with the show (including the 'spoilers') until it comes out on DVD. Personally, I can't wait to get to see Shane get iced - twice!

Edited by JAB

....All that makes perfect sense except for the lack of concern that Daryl has displayed.... ;)

Daryl did mention it when he was going to drive the kid away and drop him, something about "wish I knew where my gun went" or something similar.

- OS

All that makes perfect sense except for the lack of concern that Daryl has displayed.... ;) (Please notice humorous smiley / wink, as this statement was meant to be facetious)

Alright, apparently the humor key was broken on my keyboard, and not conveyed properly . Anywhooo, I did miss the part where Daryl mentioned missing the pistol.

Back on Glen for a moment, I think part of the whole sleeping on the floor bit wasn't just him being nice, or the rule that Nice Guys Sleep Alone. I think it was to set up the comment about Hershel being in the house so that it will be extra awkward when he wants to move into her room once Daddy is gone....

Guest cardcutter

Well its official. I have even got the wife hooked. I just ordered the first season on dvd. I cam in when they were on the highway, just before Sophie got lost. How many episodes of season two did I miss?

Well its official. I have even got the wife hooked. I just ordered the first season on dvd. I cam in when they were on the highway, just before Sophie got lost. How many episodes of season two did I miss?

That was the first episode of season two, so you haven't missed any.

Edited by DaddyO
Guest FiddleDog

i maybe just reading into the gun thing, but I get the feeling that the revolver is being used to symbolize the peace keepers of the the group. i was just thinking about how the firearm choice for Rick really reminded me of an old fashioned lawman, more of a Western styled sherrif. it complete caught my eye when Darryl's replacement weapon ended up being a 6 shot revolver.

i maybe just reading into the gun thing, but I get the feeling that the revolver is being used to symbolize the peace keepers of the the group. i was just thinking about how the firearm choice for Rick really reminded me of an old fashioned lawman, more of a Western styled sherrif. it complete caught my eye when Darryl's replacement weapon ended up being a 6 shot revolver.

Yes and no.

Rick's big stainless Python is being used to symbolize his power. It has been used now to put down two members of the group in good standing. Rick even allowed Daryl to wield it.

However I don't think this applies to all revolvers.

For one simple reason.

That is what Lori carries.

Lori is in no way, shape or form a peacekeeper, or a 'strong' member of the group.

I know I'm alone here, but I don't see Carol getting killed. As much as Daryl has been hateful lately, he won't let her die. His hateful attitude is how he grieves for Sophia.

Wouldn't bother me a bit to Andrea join her sister though.

Who else is grilling out and whippin' up a good meal for tonight? Steaks, baked potatoes and yeast rolls! Going to be good tonight!