Don't think this is how the "stand your ground law" works

Guest peacexxl

I don't foresee anything bad happening. This is typical behavior by blacks and whites in American who just can't get it together because of past and present social conditions. This will pass and we will be on to the next crisis.

I hope you're right. Not encouraging: http://www.local10.com/news/Police-Trayvon-protesters-ransack-store/-/1717324/9719674/-/xctonpz/-/index.html

Children are using this as an excuse for more violence.

Well the bounty was for Zimmerman's capture, not death. Still is illegal; no excuse why nothing has been done. If someone kills Zimmerman now then his family will be able to hold the city liable for not arresting the guy.

We all know the true intention of the bounty, it says capture but means death and the black (KKK) panthers will get away with making threats like that because Holder is a whitey hating racist just like the black (NAZI) panthers.

• Like 1

Dave, once again, none of us were there. How can you say Martin was innocent? Of the evidence that has been released it all points to Zimmerman being attacked first. You can't simply attack someone just because they are following you?

If someone was following you I'm pretty sure you wouldn't run up and start attacking them.

Unless you know something I don’t know Martin was an innocent kid walking down the street prior to Zimmerman getting out of the truck. After he got out of the truck and confronted Martin; Martin was dead. Did Martin hit Zimmerman first? I don’t know and don’t care. Zimmerman apparently thought he could handle Martin, and that would have been fine…. If he didn’t need a gun to do it.

If Martin stated kicking Zimmermans azz after Zimmerman got out of the truck and Zimmerman shot him… Zimmerman is a punk and needs to go to trial. If you are such a candy azz you can’t handle the situation…. Don’t go jumping out on innocent people walking down the street. I don’t know what happened but I can clearly see that this needs to go to trial.

No, I wouldn’t run up and start attacking someone that was following me. But when they got out of the truck and approached me, I would have a gun in my hand. Following your line of thinking it would be okay for Zimmerman to shoot me because I pulled a gun. The difference between me and Treavon is that the only thing he had to protect himself was, was his fists. If he had encountered an HCP holder chances are his dead dumb azz would be laying in heap by his truck and we would be talking about the idiot that jumped out on an HCP holder and got his dumb azz killed.

And no, I wasn’t there and neither were you; and this case stinks. Treavon is dead because of events Zimmerman set in motion; and I can’t for the life of me see why he hasn’t been arrested yet. He’s going to be arrested. If the DA is too chicken chit to do it; the Feds will step in and do it. But the community and the family deserve to have a trial.

No, I wouldn’t run up and start attacking someone that was following me. But when they got out of the truck and approached me, I would have a gun in my hand. Following your line of thinking it would be okay for Zimmerman to shoot me because I pulled a gun. The difference between me and Treavon is that the only thing he had to protect himself was, was his fists. If he had encountered an HCP holder chances are his dead dumb azz would be laying in heap by his truck and we would be talking about the idiot that jumped out on an HCP holder and got his dumb azz killed.

Dave, you and I don't always see things the same way. In this case, however, I believe you are spot on.

Things to remember. Innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Zimmerman was returning to his vehicle when he was confronted by Martin. He was heard screaming for help and there are even reports that Martin attempted to get his gun.

• Like 2

Justice being able to file charges

The Justice Department’s Civil Rights division has started an investigation. They aren’t big on investigating stuff they don’t have jurisdiction on.

But it may not matter; a State Grand Jury will hear the case April 10th. We will have to wait and see.

I believe something is going to happen for the same reason the Feds took the cops that beat Rodney King to trial after they were acquitted in their state trial…. Fear.

I would almost bet you on that one.

They are claiming that something on the tape sounds like Zimmerman is saying f'n coons. I never heard that, but I'm certain that the authorities won't leave any stones unturned. Too many emotions on both sides of this mess.

Things to remember. Innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Zimmerman was returning to his vehicle when he was confronted by Martin. He was heard screaming for help and there are even reports that Martin attempted to get his gun.

Hey Eric. If I'm fighting empty handed and my opponent introduces a firearm into the fight I plan to attempt to take it. Just saying.

I forgot to add that I survived the track meet with all of those hoodies all over the place.

Edited by LINKS2K

All anyone’s asking for is that 12 jurors listen to the witnesses give their testimony after they have been sworn in, in a courtroom. If he’s innocent I would think Zimmerman would want that; he has a bounty on his head right now. How long do think it will be before some gang banger wanting to make a name for himself finds him?

If a jury can find, beyond reasonable doubt, that Zimmerman was not responsible for the death of Martin; I’m okay with that.

If you look at the Justice Department, you know they're going to try and throw the book at Zimmerman. You think Holder, et al, want to let this go???

Zimmerman will spend a small forturne defending himself, and might possibly wait in jail for his trial. I was on the fence on all of this earlier, but it sure sounds like Zimmerman was defending himself which is what he's allowed to do.

Listening to the race baiters and the MSM it sounds as if Zimmerman was out hunting black folks.

The Black Panther bounty is completely out of line and the justice department and this idiot president should call them out on it and stop this witch hunt before Mr. Zimmerman is found hanging from a tree.

If the police had any reason to arrest him I feel they would have. I'm also giving him the benefit of a doubt and waiting for the facts to come out.

• Like 1

The Justice Department’s Civil Rights division has started an investigation. They aren’t big on investigating stuff they don’t have jurisdiction on.

But it may not matter; a State Grand Jury will hear the case April 10th. We will have to wait and see.

I believe something is going to happen for the same reason the Feds took the cops that beat Rodney King to trial after they were acquitted in their state trial…. Fear.

We'll see

All anyone’s asking for is that 12 jurors listen to the witnesses give their testimony after they have been sworn in, in a courtroom. If he’s innocent I would think Zimmerman would want that; he has a bounty on his head right now. How long do think it will be before some gang banger wanting to make a name for himself finds him?

If a jury can find, beyond reasonable doubt, that Zimmerman was not responsible for the death of Martin; I’m okay with that.

We can't put everyone on trial. Prosecutors have limited time and budget so they must weed thru the tons of cases they receive and decide which ones to pursue.

I'm certainly not asking for a jury to hear testimony and decide on Zimmerman's fate. The evidence is just not strong enough.

Let's don't let emotion take over common sense.

• Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

You want him charged nonetheless. What if the DA down there disagrees with you? Will that be good enough?

Bounty from a bunch of thugs? I wish you had said"If a jury can find, beyond a reasonable doubt, that Zimmerman

was responsible for the death of Martin..." I would have just chuckled and let it go, but you appear to be embracing

mob rule, since you have assumed guilt, just exactly the opposite of what the law is supposed to protect.

We can't put everyone on trial. Prosecutors have limited time and budget so they must weed thru the tons of cases they receive and decide which ones to pursue.

I'm certainly not asking for a jury to hear testimony and decide on Zimmerman's fate. The evidence is just not strong enough.

Let's don't let emotion take over common sense.

All this talk about "you don't know because you weren't there" and somehow you know all the evidence in the case to make the determination that there isn't enough evidence?