empire state building shooting

Guest Aces&8s

Looks like the gunman only shot one person. The rest were wounded by the police trying to take out the bad guy.

Well, the obvious solution, then, is to prohibit the police from carrying those evil, murderous guns, as well. Then we can all live forever in peace and tranquility while riding unicorns bareback across rainbow bridges in Bloomberg's Paradise where everything is duckies, bunnies, and flowers as far as the eye can see...

The gunman was a women's accessories designer. The Empire State Building has several apparel designers in it. He and the victim traded accusation of harassment.

Perhaps he took it in the butt from the boss just to take in the butt again when he got canned?
Guest bkelm18

Just saw on the news where some police expert or whatnot was saying police have a duty to take deadly action no matter if there are innocents in the line of fire or not. :rolleyes:

53 yr old fashion designer: 2 shots fired, 2 hits, 1 kill, 0 bystanders wounded

NYPD: 16 rounds fired (from 8 ft away), ? hits, 1 kill, 9 bystanders wounded

too bad they killed him, he could start teaching marksmanship at the NYPD shooting range

Edited by BigK
  • Like 1

Pussy Piers just got abashed on CNN, asked victim's brother leading anti-gun question, brother answered didn't matter about guns, people find a way to kill.

And then Rudy Giuliani comes on and says pretty much same thing, mentions how tough gun laws hasn't worked in Chicago, and doesn't credit attempts at gun control per se as reason for NYC's miniscule murder rate by comparison

- OS

I don't much care for piers morgan, he seems so meddlesome. I personally feel he believes the u.s. is inferior to her majesty's great island of history & culture. Glad guiliani shut down the antigun rhetoric. My grandmother worked in nyc for 30 years and to hear her guiliani is like the next coming. I've never understood it myself but I don't care for nyc much either so I guess I don't have a paddle in that boat.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

too bad they killed him, he could start teaching marksmanship at the NYPD shooting range

Can you all imagine the headlines if an HCP holder had done all the shooting the NYPD did? :confused:

The article on Fox news (may have been an AP article) this morning said the gun held 7 rounds (1911 since it was a .45?) and it had one round in the mag and one round in the chamber. So he fired 5 rounds at his target and hit the target 5 times. Yeah, so NYPD are very bad shots.

• Moderators

. Yeah, so NYPD are very bad shots.

Is this news? Anybody else remember the general public's opinion of the NYPD prior to 9/11? I do, and it wasn't good. They are an organization well known for excessive fire and poor marksmanship.