i got 600$ to waste any suggestions

Guest patrick38b

Guest patrick38b

I got 600$ to blow thanks to a check that I surprisingly got yesterday.

Thinkin of getting a cheap range toy like a cobrey 9mm, Ak pistol or an ar pistol any suggestions?

If so lemme know some info on the gun.

Thanks

Edited by patrick38b

What you should get IMO is in direct proportion to what you already have. If you've got all your practical firearm bases covered I'd recommend going out for a tour to all your local shops including pawn shops and seeing what's on the market locally. Some of the coolest stuff is the things you didn't realize you wanted until it was in your hands.

Also consider making a bulk ammo purchase. $600 is enough to make online ammo sales cost effective after shipping. You can get about 2k of 7.62x39 and probably close to another 2k in 223 if you shop around a bit. Or maybe a lot of 9mm for practicing. Just think of the ungodly amount of 22cal you could buy with $600.

Have fun with your fun money, that's what it's for.

Guest patrick38b

To give insight on what I currently own

I currently have a glock 27 gen 4, s&w m&p 45c, Sig sauer p239 sas 9mm, ria 1911 45 compact, Sig sauer 556 swat, and a Taurus ultralite titanium 38 special +p snubbed.

Hookers and blow funny

Reloading equipment would be tough I have limited work space to work with my wife would be pissed to see a press on our dining room table LOL

9mm would appeal for the cost reasons but I only get time at the range 4-5 times a month

I have seen the plr-16 before and it looked appealing I was more in the idea of a 7.62 mm pistol any suggestions dmfor that caliber ?

My trouble is being patient enough to make that purchase it takes extra effort on my part im like a kid at a candy store then again who isnt.

Guest patrick38b

Mainly I made this post to help me have a perspective on what I should get next

The rifle caliber pistol is something I have always likes my Sig 556 has a swiss folding stock so its kinda like an ar-pistol

I am a big fan of revolvers and for some reason every time I go to this gun hop there is a tractor beam between myself and this average looking Ak 47 with wood furniture, pistol grip and this massive 44 magnum snubby think it was called the alaskan tracker not sure

well from your list, some thoughts...

you are missing 1) shotgun (recommend a tactical highcap 12) and 1) powerful rifle (308, 243, 270, that sort of thing?).

An AR type pistol is legal to carry so that is nice, but in general, its a toy for most applications. It shares mags and ammo that you already have at least, but I would strongly consider a more well rounded setup with the rifle and shotgun over a toy. Not sure which of the 762 pistols are best. The plr may be in 300 in a year or 3, but you seem to be in a hurry. I am not sure you can get many other pistols of this type for so little money?

the taurus alaskan tracker is a good gun, from what I hear, for the money.

Edited by Jonnin

Pump shotgun in either 20 or 12, preferably one that comes with a short 18.5"-20" barrel for HD and a longer 26"-28" barrel w/adj chokes for hunting. $300ish

My personal preference is for Mossberg 500 & 590's but I have had no trouble from any of the Rementon 870's I have owned.

Lastly I'd probably buy a case of 250 shells of either 00 or #4 buckshot $250ish, spend the rest of the remaining $50ish on assorted 25 shell boxes various shot sizes for small game #4 -#7 shot &/or some 5 shell boxes of rifled/brenneke slugs for large game.

Get a 22, buy ammo, buy reloading supplies. A gun does you no good if you don't have ammo to feed it.

Best answer imo. You are missing a .22 and since you like the Sig 556, I'd get a Sig 522. It has the same folding stock and basically looks just like your 556.

Mainly I made this post to help me have a perspective on what I should get next

The rifle caliber pistol is something I have always likes my Sig 556 has a swiss folding stock so its kinda like an ar-pistol

I am a big fan of revolvers and for some reason every time I go to this gun hop there is a tractor beam between myself and this average looking Ak 47 with wood furniture, pistol grip and this massive 44 magnum snubby think it was called the alaskan tracker not sure

Ruger makes a model called the 'Alaskan'. It is a snubbie version of the Super Redhawk and I'm thinking that is most likely the revolver you are talking about. It is available chambered for either .44 Magnum (fluted cylinder) or .454 Casull (unfluted cylinder) but the MSRP for a new one is over $1,000. If an Alaskan in .44 Mag were on my radar and I had the cash to get it, that would be my choice. In fact, just this morning I was thinking I'd like to have a snubbie in either .44 Mag or .44 Special and was thinking about the Alaskan. Then, again, I have the equipment to reload for .44 and already have a Super Blackhawk so chambered plus I have a Marlin 1894 (.44 Mag lever gun) in layaway at the LGS. If you want a Magnum revolver and aren't going to reload then personally I'd look at a .357 Magnum over a .44 just because of ammo costs. .357 ammo ain't cheap but you could shoot the less expensive (although still not exactly cheap compared to 9mm range ammo) .38 Special ammo from it. .44 Special ammo costs about the same as .44 Magnum ammo, based on the very limited amount of .44 Special I have come across - and .44 Mag is at nearly $40 per box of 50 for WWB ammo at Walmart (which is just about the cheapest I have seen, locally.)

http://ruger.com/pro...kan/models.html

The Tracker is a Taurus product and is also available in .44 Magnum. However, I am not aware of a snubbie version (although Taurus might have made one at some point.) Currently, the only .44 Magnum Trackers listed on the Taurus website have 4 inch barrels (blued or stainless.)

http://www.taurususa...eadcrumbseries=

http://www.taurususa...eadcrumbseries=

The Taurus site does show that they make a .44 Special snubbie but those are Ultra-Lites, not Trackers. I think you are probably talking about the Ruger Alaskan.

http://www.taurususa...crumbseries=SF2

http://www.taurususa...crumbseries=SF2

Edited by JAB

Lol I would not recommend a .44 in a lightweight. Even if we pretend that lightweight (?nonsteel?) frames are durable enough, the recoil is going to be, on a scale of 1-10, about a 13. One of my online friends has a snubbie 44 in steel that is a beast, I can barely handle one cylinder's worth. Good carry gun maybe, but OW!

• Like 1

Lol I would not recommend a .44 in a lightweight. Even if we pretend that lightweight (?nonsteel?) frames are durable enough, the recoil is going to be, on a scale of 1-10, about a 13. One of my online friends has a snubbie 44 in steel that is a beast, I can barely handle one cylinder's worth. Good carry gun maybe, but OW!

Yeah, the Taurus is .44 Special only but I still don't know that I'd want to try it out of an Ultra-Lite. The Alaskan, based on what I remember from holding one a couple years back. is a typical Ruger - heavy as all get out and gives the feeling of being built like a tank.

If you are talking about the same guy I think you are talking about (from a different forum to which Jonnin and I both belong), yeah, I was able to make it through two cylinders of that beast but only because he put the more comfy set of grips on for the second cylinder. The recoil got my attention but what really hurt was the top edge of his carry grips literally beating a hole in the web of my hand.

Edited by JAB