Picking out a deer rifle

R4MBO

Called a little bit ago and they sold it.

Actually I don't think we have. I'm off today through Sunday, but I believe that was one of the rifles that I sat back for someone and they never showed to pick it up. If I'm not mistaken it's still sitting on my desk.

Only if your mousegun has a 16" barrel and a stock. ;)

And be very close. :ugh:

Nope, .25acp pistol is fine.

See TWRA link above.

"Rifles and handguns using centerfire ammunition (full metal jacketed ammunition prohibited)" applies to deer, elk, and bear.

But not the uber dangerous killer turkey.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

I have a 25ACP(my backup) and you better be very close, is all I am saying. yes it is with in the law.

I aint hunting deer or any game with it.

Now that we are way off topic, to the OP sorry.

If G&L dont have something, start checking pawn shops.

In the woods you will need a heaver bullet to avoid twigs making your round go off target.

What do you mean? Choice of caliber, or the TWRA thingy

TWRA thingy. Now it's perfectly legal to deer hunt with a .17 Remington or a .221 fireball. ( just making examples). This is extremely irresponsible. If you are going to take a creatures life, have the damn common courtesy to put it down fast and as painless as possible, I say.

That doesn't mean I think everyone should hunt with a cannon. I might be inclined to hunt with my 223 using a 75g Barnes through my CZ 527 but I'd limit myself to inside 100 yards and the shot would have to pass my strict judgement or I'd let him walk. I just think that any old bloke using a 55g soft point in is AR 15 is a very bad idea.

Actually I don't think we have. I'm off today through Sunday, but I believe that was one of the rifles that I sat back for someone and they never showed to pick it up. If I'm not mistaken it's still sitting on my desk.

PM'd you about it...hopefully it is still there. Thanks!

Yep, you can go after bear with a .25acp mousegun, long as it ain't FMJ.

- OS

Gotta have a 4" barrel. But basically yes.

JTM

Sent from my iPhone

TWRA's handgun barrel length requirements were dropped a few years ago.

Edited by R_Bert

Every year about this time Dicks runs a special on a Remington 700 heavy barrel with a cheap scope and camo stock for around $449. It’s a cheap scope and an ugly stock, but at the heart it’s the same 700 heavy barrel people are paying a lot more money for. You might want to check it out.

What dave says. If you hunt nothing but deer the 270 is great choice. Flat shooter. If you will only have one then choose 7.67 ( 308 ) You will always be able to find ammo. I believe at the end of the world whoever is there will have 7.67 ammo

Edited by personDJ

Yep, you can go after bear with a .25acp mousegun, long as it ain't FMJ.

- OS

Yeah. You would probably get exactly what you deserve out of that :). It would just make him run faster... toward you.

The other day, I came close (~12") to literally stepping on a skunk in my back door. Saw him later and shot at him.

Little turd ran straight at me, almost came up on the porch with me. Second shot changed his mind, but I missed. Lousy aim since eye surgery.

B.

Edited by R_Bert

Yep, no barrel length specified anymore.

- OS

Cool so my wife can shoot deer with her Bersa .380. Joking!!! She did ask me the other day if she could shoot yotes with it. And I told her if they were that close have at it.

JTM

Sent from my iPhone