Ewwwhhh ..How creepy

JTMaze & go through the same argument every time I see a spider:

Me (screaming): Honey, come quick. Huge spider! Help!!

Him (calmly): Is it poisonous?

Me: No, but…

Him: Then kill it!

Me: How?

Him (exasperated): Use your shoe.

Me: Eww, no!

Him: Why not?

Me: 'Cause it'll be all squishy!

Him: Then clean it up!

At that point I concede. He's won the argument but I still hop around and scream until he takes care of it. Would be a lot easier if he just killed them all & be done with it.

Sent from my iPhone way back in the woods…

Nope. Can of Lysol and a Bic lighter. Fire is the only thing that kills monsters and aliens. If I wake up in an alien movie, I'll be the guy with the flame-thrower.

Do you wear a boonie hat and walk out saying "I love the smell of burnt Lysol in the morning....it smells like burnt spider and disinfection"

:ph34r:

Me neither, nifty creatures.

'Bout the only thing that makes me go ewww are slugs.

- OS

Spiders don't bother me so much if they are not poisonous.

Roaches and waterbugs are a diff story. I'd rather have tarantula riding a python in front of me than a water bug.

Me neither, nifty creatures.

'Bout the only thing that makes me go ewww are slugs.

- OS

+2 Slugs suck. You can't get that crap off you once you've put your hand down on one on your deck.

I did wake up with a tarantula crawling up my leg back in the 80's. Deployed to Honduras. Out of the secured area on training, sleeping on the ground. Woke up thinking something wasn't right. Laying on my left side with a full moon going, I saw the things SHADOW. One of my guys says he thought I levitated up and then rotated to my feet I came up so fast. I caught the bastard and put it in an MRE bag. He got to fight a scorpion the next day and lost.

All that being said, I've held tarantulas before, and as long as I can see em coming, spiders don't bother me....except for the brown recluse. Now that's a nasty spider as they live amongst us all. Even the black widow's don't like a nasty ole brown recluse.

Edited by Rightwinger

My wife will run from a plastic spider ring, even if she KNOWS it's fake. So, for her, the only tolerable spider is a dead spider. In fact, she'd likely vote for wholesale spider genocide, if given a choice.

My half-hearted attempt to kill one in our bedroom one night resulted in an escapee. My wife was convinced it'd get confused about whom to exact revenge on while we slept and opted to sleep in the guest room until the critter was dead. After 2 peaceful nights of sprawling in the king-sized bed all to myself, I got lonely and told her I killed it.

Just as we are dozing off, I asked her how many eggs she'd guess a grown spider could lay in 48 hours. I was rewarded with a fierce ninja elbow to the back for my wonderings.

I keep my cruddy work boots in the garage. After sticking my foot in my boot one morning, feeling something wiggly under my toes, rapidly removing the boot, and seeing a big cockroach roll out of it, I check my boots before I put them on now.

That said, last fall I picked up my boot one morning and banged it on the concrete to shake out anything that might be in there. Lo' and behold, a great big mama black widow with about 9 million babies on her back rolled out. When I whacked her with the boot that was still in my hand, the babies scattered like grains of sand and began skittering across the garage. Barry Sanders would have been proud of my fancy footwork trying to squish all of them... in my sock feet. I got a bunch of them, but I'm quite sure I didn't get them all. I've never told my wife that. :)

We where stationed in Alabama. I got bitten by something that ended with me in hte E-room with a 104 fever and a very sore bitewound.Not sure if it was a spider or something else.But I felt so cruddy and ill that I prefer not to go thru that again.

I aslo had a bad reaction to a Yellow jacket bite last year.Now ..thanks to that incident I have to carry a eppy pen around all the time.

Oh yeah..flying roaches suck..especialy if you have big hair and a lot of hairspray..They get tangled in it..Ask me how I know that..:(

I rather have snakes in my bed than a spider....

..... Lo' and behold, a great big mama black widow with about 9 million babies on her back rolled out.....

Was something else. Black widows don't carry their younguns around. Wolf spiders do, but of course look nothing like black widows.

- OS

Was something else. Black widows don't carry their younguns around. Wolf spiders do, but of course look nothing like black widows.

- OS

Interesting. I've seen plenty of black widows and wolf spiders and it sure looked like a black widow. Though I didn't look for long.

...and roaches, although I haven't seen one of those in over 20 years.

I'm getting slower it took me reading that twice to figure that out what you meant.

Just this moring I was heading back downstairs when a wolf spider ran out of the bathroom across the hallway. Not a big deal normally because I don't really worry about these guys, but this one had run across a dust bunny under the shelf and was trailing it behind him. That turned a harmless normal spider into a hairy freak of nature. Luckily I wasn't on the stairs yet or I might be posting from the hospital.

Just this moring I was heading back downstairs when a wolf spider ran out of the bathroom across the hallway. Not a big deal normally because I don't really worry about these guys, but this one had run across a dust bunny under the shelf and was trailing it behind him. That turned a harmless normal spider into a hairy freak of nature. Luckily I wasn't on the stairs yet or I might be posting from the hospital.

That is stuff I will have nightmares over..just ICK..

• 2 weeks later...
[url=http://www.motifake.com/saw-spider-the-shivers-demotivational-posters-159696.html][img]http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/1210/saw-spider-the-shivers-demotivational-posters-1349533598.jpg[/img][/url] Edited by TNBrat
[quote name='sL1k' timestamp='1350959106' post='832290']

Spiders don't bother me so much if they are not poisonous.

[/quote]

There is no such thing as a poisonous spider in N America, you can eat all of them! Now there are several species that are venemous.
  • Like 2