What are your other hobbies?

So I thought it might be fun to post some pics of some of your other interests since we're such an eclectic yet similar group.

Besides shooting I've been collecting guitars for a little over a decade. I love playing, working on, talking about and just generally being around guitars. My favorite style is definitely the solid body electric, a lot of cool stuff happens with a few planks of wood and some wires.

Here's the bulk of the collection minus a few I haven't moved back from Ca yet.

383FEF56-7FDE-423E-A937-B856D50B668F-10259-000011BE96D47F54.jpg

So what about you guys, what else makes your socks go up and down.

Mine are extremely varied.

I'm a blacksmith and custom knifemaker

2012-10-13_19-29-05_380.jpg

leavedec17th-jan6th010-1.jpg

leavedec17th-jan6th009-1.jpg

I'm a mechanic both by trade and as a hobby

2012-09-21_10-06-57_596.jpg

I'm into building and riding Woods Buggies

2012-03-29_17-06-36_890.jpg

I did a lot of Gymkhana and drifting competitions.

gym3.jpg

Newpicsfromcali030.jpg

Soggylake016.jpg

Did a whole lot of diesel truck drag racing

trucksmoke.jpg

Truckvsstang.jpgtwinstacks.jpg

I'm a first degree blackbelt in 3 martial arts. Judo, Tae Kwon Do, and Hapkido, trained at the same place as my dad whos been in it for 25-30 years and is 6th Degree

IMG00020-1.jpg

IMG00019.jpg

And I ride Dirt bikes

May24thride037.jpg

May24thride025.jpg

Thats about it for me lol

Computers, games & a developer (both a job and a hobby at times).

These days reading a lot, computer games a lot, whatever my wife's current hobby (she changes a lot) I do with her if I can. That has included everything from cooking (various) to electronics workbench, she is always looking to dabble in something new for a while before moving on. This year she has gotten into the prepping thing at a more advanced level than just having a few basics.

Guest dfsixstring

I don't have any pics available, but I do love guitars - acoustic, electric, bass - it's all good. I'm the real life Clark Griswald and love spending time with my family more than anything I can think of.

RST4S

SR9c

LCP

I am a pool player by winter and building anything wood or mechanical, working on old cars and playing bad golf lol. I like having fun no matter what it is doing building an entertainment center with hidden drawers or working on an old car its all good to me.

• Like 2

I got (back) into guns after being a student for several years. I guess education is my other hobby. It's also my first, second, and third jobs.

I am full time in administration, teach, and write. In the second job capacity, I have travelled to Romania, Hungary and the Czech Republic to teach.

Here's me studying hard in a hotel lobby in Prague. We were stuck there for four extra days during the Icelandic Volcano - Ash cloud incident that shut down Europe.

Untitled-3.jpg

And, like someone already said- Anything my wife is into, I am a willing participant. I know more about cake pans (she buys and sells collectible ones), baking, and decorating than I ever wanted to. There is a certain healthy reciprocity to that, IMHumbleO. She has a Glock 19 and shoots with me from time to time. But more importantly, she listens tirelessly as I ramble about me finding "a good deal on something I've been looking for."

"If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."

I love anything old, especially the mechanical.

photo-8.jpg

photo-7.jpg

photo-6.jpg

photo_zpscf9f0c87.jpg

photo-1.jpg

0920121835a_zps25616bd4.jpg

0920121833_zps2f2c00d3.jpg

0830121030.jpg

0830121031.jpg

The only one of these that does not run is the big Waltham missing the hands. I have taken it fully apart, and I think I know what it needs to work again.

From the top: 1892 11 jewel Elgin, 1924 17 jewel Elgin, 1926 21 jewel South Bend Studebaker, 1883 7 jewel? American Waltham, 1900 7 jewel Elgin

Edited by Ramjo
  • Like 2

In keeping with the picture part of this thread here are two of the Holy Grails of Tennessee insignia.

The first is the 1926- 1929 Tennessee State Police badge. I saw one original in Nashville on the wall and bid in an auction for the only one I have ever seen up for sale. It finally sold to a professor at Lambuth College in Jackson for $3800.00 years ago.

TSP.jpg

The second is the patch from the infamous "Yellow Jackets" of the THP back around 1929 or 1930. They were reputed to be thugs who personally worked for the governor and did all his dirty, sometimes illegal work. It was worn on yellow motorcycle jackets.

Yellow.jpg

Cherokee Slim

• Like 1