Ordered these:

TeamJackson

I have had and still have night sights on some of my pistols. But my night gun at the house, a G17 has a weapons light on the rail and conventional sights.

I have a weapon light and laser on my home defense shotgun. I have a weapon light on my self defense AR, which as a civilian I don't plan on doing any long night shots..

I am not LEO or any longer in the military. Who, as a civilian, does aimed fire at night with a pistol to save their butt?

I've heard something that seems to sound right in that most civilian encounters it will be dark/3 shots/3 seconds/3 yards. I'm thinking most of us have bought into a marketing "thing" when it comes to night sights. OK, to find the gun at night they may be a good thing, but when I go to bed that G17 is in the same place every night, as is the shotgun. I can find them with my eyes shut.

Just for the sake of argument can someone make a clear case that most of us need night sights on their self defense handguns?
  • Like 1
[quote name='graycrait' timestamp='1354500090' post='854000'].

Just for the sake of argument can someone make a clear case that most of us need night sights on their self defense handguns?
[/quote]
I wont start an argument, I wanted a set and got a set, better to have and not need than need and not have.
I love the tfo's. I've heard of light puppies coming loser but I've never had that experience writhe several sets. I like them more for the FO aspect than the tritium. I also prefer the yellow and green combo. Really makes the front sight pop. Edited by AK Guy
[quote name='RED333' timestamp='1354503020' post='854040']
I wanted a set and got a set,
[/quote]

I think that's all this group needed to hear. We're a support group. We support the the want/need to upgrade and improve just about anything that goes bang.
Congrats, best set of sights I've ever owned.

Got a set of them on my G17 (nightstand gun). I love them! They are awesome day or night.

I wish they made them form CZs too.

For the record, my nightstand pistol also has a light on it too. Edited by BigK
I have them on my G22 that's in the nightstand. I carried it as a duty gun and shot it many times during night fire training. All the stuff you hear about muzzle flash taking away you ability to see them is bs. I've had mine on over a year and they are still super bright. Good choice.
I have several sets. I was a firm believer until one of my front light pipes fell off. I still really like them, but having this kind of failure causes me some concern.

Also, for those questioning the need for night sights, try turning your weapon light on at night. Can you see the sights well enough to aim? For me, all I saw was a shadow on top of the slide. No where near clear enough for me to feel comfortable pulling the trigger on anything more than contact distance. The night sights give me an aiming point for whatever is illuminated by the flashlight. YMMV, so it is best to test your specific setup.
[quote name='TeamJackson' timestamp='1354490031' post='853935']Just ordered these for my Springfield XDS 45 (Part of my Christmas from wife). She told me today to order some Night Sights since I talk about them. Truglo TFOs

[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/03/e6y8uquq.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

I have them on my XDm (all green). They're great for range days with funky lighting, and really help shooters with bad eyesight. The night functionality could come in handy someday in tandem with a flashlight, Edited by StPatrick
[quote name='TeamJackson' timestamp='1354490031' post='853935']Just ordered these for my Springfield XDS 45 (Part of my Christmas from wife). She told me today to order some Night Sights since I talk about them. Truglo TFOs

[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/03/e6y8uquq.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

Wise choice young grasshopper!

You want fries with that!?