Mae Beavers loses TN Repub Senate Caucus position

Seems retribution is swift...Sen Beavers was replaced as treasurer of the GOP Senate Caucus.  Committed the heinous crime of not walking in lock-step with leadership: she did not support Diane Black, and did not support the redistricting map.

She was a strong 2A supporter, and played a key role as chair of the Sen Judiciary committee - a committee that seemingly always receives any 2A bills.  Bet she loses that position, too.

http://tnreport.com/2012/12/12/beavers-booted-from-gop-senate-leadership-post/

• Moderators
Eff 'em. The Republican Party are nothing more than New Deal Democrats. They will either foster the rise of a viable liberty centered third party by their revealing themselves for the big government statists they are, or they will hasten the start of the inevitable shooting war that will occur when the citizenry finally realizes that the government has become their enemy. Both are fine with me.
  • Like 6

What's truly sad is that Republicans seem to have an inability to learn from their success.

In 1994, the 'Contract with America' proposed a large reduction in the size and power of government.  Republicans won hugely in that election.  Since then, they have moved ever further to the left, and steadily lost influence and power.  Oh, wait, they GAINED a lot during the 2010 elections when they had a message of...  Hmm, what was it?  Oh, yes!  'A reduction in the size and power of government'!

It took them 16 years to re-try the 'small government' message.  Perhaps we won't have to wait quite as long next time.  I sincerely believe that if Romney had been vocal with a better message than "I'm not Obama", he probably would have won.

As for TN Republicans, the leadership seems determined to make the same stupid mistakes as the National leadership.

• Like 3

I firmly believe the "bluenose" wing of the Republican party wants nothing more than to govern and have a piece of the pie; said another way: "...they have no core beliefs other than keepin their stinkin jobs and playin ball with the party in power....".  I believe they will morph into the demorat party and become the "moderate wing".  I say good riddance.  The sooner this "purge" is over and the sooner a real conservative party emerges; the better we will all be.

leroy

• Like 2

Beavers has begun to do more harm than good. The sooner she's replaced at all levels the better.

What is she doing wrong? Granted, I don't keep up with her, but what's wrong with her? The TN GOP is the

problem, just like the national GOP. They are moving to the left, instead of being true to the people who wanted

a conservative party. I guess I need to search up on her.

The state GOP is doing what Boehner is doing to their respective group. Play along with us and you're fine. Don't

play the game and you will be punished.

That's not how a successful republic is supposed to work.

Eff 'em. The Republican Party are nothing more than New Deal Democrats. They will either foster the rise of a viable liberty centered third party by their revealing themselves for the big government statists they are, or they will hasten the start of the inevitable shooting war that will occur when the citizenry finally realizes that the government has become their enemy. Both are fine with me.

Trying to get on some more lists, or just working your way to the top of the ones you're already on? :rofl:

• Like 2

Well, to be honest...the GOP is not much more than a pit of vipers anymore anyway so why would we be surprised that they are turning on their own???

That aside, while Mae has done some very good things in DC....she has clearly been getting "Washingtonized" - she's not the person we sent to D.C.; still better than most but we need to find a replacement soon.

• Moderators

Trying to get on some more lists, or just working your way to the top of the ones you're already on? :rofl:

:lol: whatever works.

Well, to be honest...the GOP is not much more than a pit of vipers anymore anyway so why would we be surprised that they are turning on their own???

That aside, while Mae has done some very good things in DC....she has clearly been getting "Washingtonized" - she's not the person we sent to D.C.; still better than most but we need to find a replacement soon.

do you even know who she is?

Mae Beavers is A TN State Senator. She's never served in washington dc

Beavers has begun to do more harm than good. The sooner she's replaced at all levels the better.

I personally would like to know just what it is that you consider harm done by Senator Beavers??  She has done nothing but support every firearms issue given an opportunity.

• Like 1

While it would be difficult to knock her conservative voting record, there are other issues involved. Issues which have more wide ranging affect than just a vote on a bill. The good news is the veil is beginning to come off, and her true character is being seen by more and more. Her welcome is beginning to wear thin both inside the party and out.

While it would be difficult to knock her conservative voting record, there are other issues involved. Issues which have more wide ranging affect than just a vote on a bill. The good news is the veil is beginning to come off, and her true character is being seen by more and more. Her welcome is beginning to wear thin both inside the party and out.

That's a pretty sleazy character attack. If you've got some thing to say then say it

The only thing I can think of are the shenanigans behind the 2010 TN senate race.

To summarize; Mrs. Beavers decided to run for Wilson County Mayor instead of reelection to TN Senate.  Based on that public announcement and filing, TN Representative Susan Lynn decided to run for that TN Senate seat.  Shortly before filing ended, Mrs. Beavers changed her mind and filed for the TN Senate seat, and did not notify Mrs. Lynn.  This left Mrs. Lynn no choice but to run against Mrs. Beavers.  The race run by Mrs. Beavers was not clean, and had a lot of mean half-truths and innuendos thrown at Mrs. Lynn. 

Quite frankly, while I agree with Mae Beavers' voting positions most of the time, I agree more often with Susan Lynn and the deciding factor in my vote would be based on character.

The only thing I can think of are the shenanigans behind the 2010 TN senate race.
To summarize; Mrs. Beavers decided to run for Wilson County Mayor instead of reelection to TN Senate.  Based on that public announcement and filing, TN Representative Susan Lynn decided to run for that TN Senate seat.  Shortly before filing ended, Mrs. Beavers changed her mind and filed for the TN Senate seat, and did not notify Mrs. Lynn.  This left Mrs. Lynn no choice but to run against Mrs. Beavers.  The race run by Mrs. Beavers was not clean, and had a lot of mean half-truths and innuendos thrown at Mrs. Lynn. 

Quite frankly, while I agree with Mae Beavers' voting positions most of the time, I agree more often with Susan Lynn and the deciding factor in my vote would be based on character.

So, Repub leadership felt it OK to place her in the treasurer's spot after the 2010 race, and are only now getting around to retribution? Don't thnk so...whatever the electorate's feelings might be,the actions by (R) ldrshp seem to be based on something far more acute. And as WM has pointed out, it would be hard to find a better 2A proponent within the current (2012-elected) GA.

Yeah...that was pretty dirty politics on Beaver's part.

Although I don't know that accounts for the recent actions against her.  :shrug: