How long until the panick buying starts?

Caster

Caught myself thinking of spending a bunch of money buying some more magazines and spare parts this morning. I've got plenty, but you never have enough. Then I said to myself, 'What are you doing?'
I'm not trained or physically capable of living long enough to make good use of what I have so why stock up for someone else. It's a good investment though.

With people already working up an AWB proposal it's just a matter of time.

Here's a debatable thought for those of us with poor to little training and health issues: I will likely do better with my humble Norwegian Krag in 6.5x55 and a super accurate cast bullet load than I will trying to pretend I am a soldier with my AR. All the while be much less threatening to anyone who sees me tossing it around in the meantime. This thought is the sole reason I got into 30/30.

....and the friendly, intelligent arguments begin.
  • Like 1
The panic buying started back in Nov. Prices on ammo, guns and hi cap. Magazines will continue to be driven through the roof as long as demand is greater than supply. I am looking into an AR, have been for a long time. I like AR's because I have a lot of experience on the M16 platform. But as long as crimnals continue to use illegal acquired "assault rifles" and as long as anti-gunners continue to define semi auto AR's and AK's as assualt rifles, the preppers and pro gun owners will continue to drive the prices up in a panic buy.

The panic buying started back in Nov. Prices on ammo, guns and hi cap. Magazines will continue to be driven through the roof as long as demand is greater than supply. I am looking into an AR, have been for a long time. I like AR's because I have a lot of experience on the M16 platform. But as long as crimnals continue to use illegal acquired "assault rifles" and as long as anti-gunners continue to define semi auto AR's and AK's as assualt rifles, the preppers and pro gun owners will continue to drive the prices up in a panic buy.

. +1
I understand. The initial waves started at reelection but I can see things getting really stupid soon. I remember seeing Beretta 92 mags going for $50 each back during the first ban. If this ones written with no sunset, prices will be worse than that.

Talked to Barrett the other day and they are 6 months behind on REC7 production due to extremely high demand.

They've had a bunch of price speculators call and order cases of them to hold in case they become semi-illegal and the price shoots up.

I stocked up on mags because they wear out and break. And if they get banned I wont be able to replace them or wont want to pay the high price they will fetch if they are banned again. But I think I have plenty so I wont be paying the higher prices that they are bringing now.

A nice new AR and PMAGS locked away in the safe today could be worth their weight in gold in a few years.

If they do like they did in the 90's, it might be wise to scoop up some stripped lowers to build on later. My fund is strapped, but I have at least two builds I'd like to do someday, but can't drop 3 grand right now.

If they do like they did in the 90's, it might be wise to scoop up some stripped lowers to build on later. My fund is strapped, but I have at least two builds I'd like to do someday, but can't drop 3 grand right now.

Yeah, I would like to do that as well.  I have been researching for a while on an AR-10 build.  It is the last weapon I need/want.  I had contemplated on just buying a REPR, but I think I am gonna try a Maten build.  Everything I have read tells me that is the way to go.  I have had zero luck finding uppers and lowers in stock anywhere.

As far as panic buying goes, I am a little late in the game.  I started Friday evening, and spent a crap load of money on some stuff.

I had placed several mags and a couple other items in an online shopping cart a while back.  I'll admit, I placed the order today.  The order does contain two Christmas gifts and I had intentions of placing the order before Christmas anyway.  I will say, I didn't consider dropping anything off the order before I clicked "checkout"