Piers Morgan is an obtuse idiot

Just watched Piers Morgan interview the leader of a gun organization and repeatedly shouted him down every time man said anything. I vote we send this guy back to England.

Was Larry Pratt of GOA.

He remained remarkably calm, even after Piers called him "really a stupid man".

Pratt returned with a calm charge of Piers being "morally obtuse". He should have added that he didn't come to be personally insulted, put down his earplug, and walked off the set.

- OS

Yes, Mr. Pratt made his case despite Morgan yelling over him most of the time. Morgan is a British citizen who is pushing his European mentality on America. His way of thinking doesn't fit here. He is a moron and dangerous.

Edited by walton6467

This one was good. Pratt calmly responded in reasonable way throughout. Piers really came unglued, wound up calling him a "really stupid man" among other things. Pratt responded with "morally obtuse" in not letting someone actually protect school children in the most effective manner known to man.

At any rate, Pratt should have just walked out of the set with a comment that he had come here to present facts rather than be personally attacked; seemed the interview was abruptly ended though, so maybe he did during the break, dunno.

But of course any anti-gun lib that saw it will certainly say that Piers had a masterful performance compared to the evil bloodthirsty gun loving cretin. Which is why it was ultimately a fool's errand.

- OS

I feel kinda like a goober, I'd never watched this guy before. I'd flip through CNN when he was interviewing Lindsay Lohan or someone of that caliber and I'd keep going. I never knew what a complete idiot the man was or how dangerous he was. I just thought he was CNN's celebrity suck up. What a complete D-bag.

He has been on a TEAR all week.  I'm still trying to decide if he's a true believer or if this is just a desperate attempt for a ratings grab.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2012/11/piers-morgan-criticized-hated-than-ignored

In person, Morgan is less brash than on the air, a disconnect that is explained by his belief that the more on-camera controversy he courts the better his ratings will be. He wants to be loved, but he’d take being hated over being ignored. He and his handlers are aware that the worst thing he can do is make no impression at all. He seemed almost painfully concerned with his image. There wasn’t a critique of him that he hadn’t heard. His friend Simon Cowell says, “He is sensitive to criticism, much more so than I am. This is the sort of person who will Google himself 20 times a day to find something positive.”

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/12/18/cable-news-ratings-for-monday-december-17-2012/162183/

Net 9PM P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s) FNC Hannity 1,606 387 718 CNN Piers Morgan Tonight 962 309 420 MSNBC Rachel Maddow Show 1,159 340 495 CNBC APOCALYPSE 2012 224 138 153 HLN Dr. Drew ON CALL 310 126 156
It's ALL about ratings. I hope he loses BIG.

I think you're probably right.  He'll never win against Hannity & Maddow though.  I think he's only succeeded in turning off some of his viewers and pushing them to other non-news programming.  People who actually watch CNN don't watch it for WWE-style interviews.

CNN actually won the weekend Mass Shooting coverage and Anderson Cooper was in a virtual tie (Ibehind Fox of course) with Ed Show AND Lawrence O'Donnell for his 2 time slots on Monday.  But Piers couldn't keep up the momentum and lost handily to Hannity & Maddow.

In short, he sucks.

I really hate that guy. What an arrogant stupid man. In England he was known as a Twit. He is just mad because in 1776 we had guns and were able free ourseloves from the King's clutches.

Edited by Will Carry
Just watched Piers Morgan interview the leader of a gun organization and repeatedly shouted him down every time man said anything. I vote we send this guy back to England.

Excuse me Piers,

You lost the war ....get over it. Go back to England and drink tea and eat crumpets.

We don't serve a king. We have a Constitution and a Bill of rights.

Get over it. You did read about the Revolutionary war?

We celebrate the 4th of July.  :usa:  :usa:  :usa:  :usa:  :usa:

Ha, Ha, Ha...................................................................................

• Like 1
It's ALL about ratings. I hope he loses BIG.

Yes, this. You can tell from his belligerent style that he's not interested in getting to the facts of the matter, he only wants to provoke his adversary. The funny part is that it's HE who becomes enraged, showing his complete lack of maturity, self-control, and reason.

Edited by DaddyO
If I wanted to hear what some British tw*t thinks of the doings in this country I'd listen to the BBC.

The Beeb's general news coverage seems quite more dignified and balanced than most TV media here. I'd say half the folks in the UK consider Piers a twit also.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot