How have you reacted personally? Bought guns? Mags? Ammo?

hipower

I was already planning on getting a lower after Christmas, this just moved my timetable up.

I managed to get a lower, and 3 PMAGs. That's good enough for my personal use. I'm not going to be a scalper.

I'm losing hope that I'll ever be able to get enough parts to turn my lower into something that will shoot.

My bro-in-law and I were planning on building new ARs over the next month, but now we can't even find parts kits. We bought our receivers, 2 mags, and I bought 1 box of .40, but that's it. I'm not a panic buyer, I'd just like to be able to finish my friggin AR. :(

Would you be interested in some puppies and ranbows instead? :)

Well the bad news, was on the boat the other day, it flipped and all my firearms sank into the river.

So I am in the market for a few BB guns, any idears?

I have one of these.

tactmuzzelloaderclose.jpg

Edited by RED333

All I can say is it's a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS for arms and ammo manufacturers alike. How many companies wouldn't love to empty out their stock at year's end. Talk about year end profits! I'd just as soon see them roll in the big dough than a bunch of overseas electronic manufacturers though, so good for them  :)

I did my panic buy about four years ago. Wasn't necessary to restock this go round, but for those who did, feel great that you helped support AMERICAN jobs.

In fact, I do believe Prez Obama owes some kudos to American gun owners for the last minute economy boost!

I just bought a few condiments from from some fine TGO'ers, the other day. Three in one day, as a matter of fact.

Sold one, too! Thanks to all of you guys! I'm fairly well stocked and will not look for the great bargains on the internet.

Not worth it.

• Administrator

I picked up two more mags each for my M&P 9mm and .40SW but that's about it.  I was meaning to grab more of them anyway so I went ahead and ordered them from Midway on Wednesday while they were still available.

I've been eying a new rifle but I refuse to pay post-CT pricing on one.  I'll either wait for a more realistic price or I'll just abstain.

I have plenty of stuff so I didn't feel the need to buy anything.

Until,

Today a coworker asked if I was interested in an AR. Colt Match Target, ban rifle. 500 ball / 100 balistic tip ammo. 6 colt mags, 4/30rd, 2/10rd, 2/40rd America brand mags. Scope/rings/mount. I asked what he wanted and he said $850 for everything, said he had $800 in it new. Rifle has about 100rds through it.

I said I was interested but I wasn't going to pay him $850 for all of that. He gave me a strange look when I offered him alot more.

So here I sit with a new rifle.
  • Like 2

Panic buying? Eh, not really "panic." I did buy a Ruger Mini-30 and a couple of 20rd mags for it yesterday. Not a panic-purchase really, but I guess it was a somewhat prudent decision to add another semi-auto and "high cap" mags to the collection.

its sicking a person that i sold ammo to yesterday has it on gunbroker for 2 times whar he paid for it

i know not all of you reload but i have not raised any prices yet and next week at knoxville i will have same as last show

i will have a limited amount of ammo but you have to ask for it

[quote name='dlm37015' timestamp='1356193398' post='866158']its sicking a person that i sold ammo to yesterday has it on gunbroker for 2 times whar he paid for it i know not all of you reload but i have not raised any prices yet and next week at knoxville i will have same as last show i will have a limited amount of ammo but you have to ask for it[/quote] Is it sickening that you charge more than what you paid for it? Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
Is it sickening that you charge more than what you paid for it? Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

I highly doubt that Davids mark up is that high. He has more integrity than to mark up an item just because he can. He has always been more than fair on his prices and I assume he will stay that way.