Feeling pretty tough today

UncleJak

"For those who love to live in fear of their impending doom there are plenty more dates to put in your diary for a possible apocalypse.

US bible scholar F Kenton Beshore says he has unlocked secrets from the good book revealing the world will come to an end after 2018, with the return of Jesus.

Deceased psychic Jeane Dixon was an adviser to President Reagan and claimed to have predicted the assassination of John F Kennedy; she also claimed Armageddon would happen in 2020.  (note: Dixon previously predicted that the world would end on Feb. 24th, 1962.)

While most predictions revolve around the return of Christ, as prophesised in the Bible, the Kurdish Sunni Muslim theologian Said Nursi estimated the world would end by 2129.

The physicist Frank J Tipler claimed to have scientific proof of the existence of God and announced in 2007 that the second coming of Christ will take place in the next 50 years, meaning the apocalypse will coincide with another scientific prediction - technological singularity.

Some computer scientists have speculated that the singularity will take place in 2045. This is the emergence of greater-than-human super-intelligence through technology beyond which events cannot be predicted. Scientists have speculated that the emergence of super-intelligent computers could spell the end for humanity.

Another situation hypothesised by scientists is the grey goo scenario in which self-replicating robots consume all matter on earth, in the course of building copies of themselves. The theory is used to illustrate the potential dangers of nanotechnology.

In 5,000,000,000 AD scientists predict the sun will swell into a red giant destroying the earth, and in ten duotrigintillion years the universe will meet its ultimate fate, a state in which it can no longer sustain processes that consume energy."

Edited by No_0ne
[quote name='RED333' timestamp='1356239296' post='866793']So, when's the next apocalypse? What time is it now? As in the past, just mins away.[/quote] It's a quarter past crazy Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
  • Like 1

I wonder if the Mayans knew about leap years and daylight savings time.  Maybe our calendar is not snych with theirs, maybe we missed it by 24, 48 hours?  If its the winter equinox, how do we know that is 12/21?  I am sure there were a bunch of scientists that determined when the equinox was?  I wonder if its the same group that told me in elementary school that there were 9 planets in our solar system, and that Saturn had 3 rings.    Just like my firearm and ammo situation, I was ready for the ban this time.   If today is the end of the world, I am ready too, spiritually, mentally, and becuase my body aches all the time, physcilaly ready to go too.

Edited by Runco
So, when's the next apocalypse?

Noon, 20 January 2013, in Washington D.C.

Dawn of the Anti-Christ.

All Hail the God-Emperor Barack Hussein Obama! All Hail! Look upon His Works ye mighty, and despair!

The Triumphal Parade of the Victor and His Review of his subjects will occur on 21 January 2013. If you are Summoned, be sure to bring sufficient tribute, and to bend your knee & tug on your forelock as His Retinue passes by.

Edited by QuietDan