Gun Dreams

GlockSpock

• Moderators

Ever since I received my permit and started carrying, I've had a recurring theme for dreams. Ever week or so I will have a dream in which I have to use my firearm to defend myself or others. Except, whenever it is time to fire I squeeze the trigger and the gun will not fire. It seems I have trouble pulling the trigger hard enough, and it will not fire. The best way for me to describe the dream is that the firearm has a long, heavy DAO trigger pull that I cannot seem to pull far enough. The circumstances change, but I always have trouble with the 100lb trigger. I just keep trying and trying to squeeze off a shot, and it doesn't work. Last night it was in the Walgreens parking lot when I confronted a man who had kidnapped some kids and had them locked in his truck.

Anyone else have some sort of recurring gun related dream?

I had this dream for a good two years after I got my permit. Once I bought a glock I never had that problem again. :rofl:

I am an M&P man now though. :rock:

Not just kidding though I really did have that same type dream. Seems pretty common from what Caster said.

Edited by maroonandwhite
Been having similar dreams most of my life. Started as a teenager and kept it through adulthood. The most recent I am in my parents old house and am younger again. A bad guy breaks in and I manage to get three shots in him with a rifle before it jams. The three shots have no effect and I'm unable to clear the jam.

The funny thing I guess is that as a kid I did martial arts and would have dreams that either I would move soooo slllooooowwww, or would move at regular speed but any contact would be completely ineffective.

I wouldn't worry about the dream, it seems the more you dwell in it the more frequent they happen.

I actually had a dream the other night that I went into my local post office and for whatever reason they had .223 for $50 per 1000. I bought as much as i could and tried to call my friend but my phone wouldn't work. Then my wife woke me for work.

I literally went and checked my ammo stash, saw it wasn't true and sulked the rest of the day.

• Like 3

I actually had a dream the other night that I went into my local post office and for whatever reason they had .223 for $50 per 1000. I bought as much as i could and tried to call my friend but my phone wouldn't work. Then my wife woke me for work.

I literally went and checked my ammo stash, saw it wasn't true and sulked the rest of the day.

That's by far the worst part. Waking to realize it wasn't true.

Ever since I received my permit and started carrying, I've had a recurring theme for dreams. Ever week or so I will have a dream in which I have to use my firearm to defend myself or others. Except, whenever it is time to fire I squeeze the trigger and the gun will not fire. It seems I have trouble pulling the trigger hard enough, and it will not fire. The best way for me to describe the dream is that the firearm has a long, heavy DAO trigger pull that I cannot seem to pull far enough. The circumstances change, but I always have trouble with the 100lb trigger. I just keep trying and trying to squeeze off a shot, and it doesn't work. Last night it was in the Walgreens parking lot when I confronted a man who had kidnapped some kids and had them locked in his truck.

Anyone else have some sort of recurring gun related dream?

Was it the Walgreens at 25th St. & Ocoee.... if it was I got him... My S&W 629 .44 Magnum has a 2 1/4 pound trigger pull. :up:

I used to have one where I was trying to save my parent's house from some sort of large group of unknown bad guys.  I would be down in the woods where I played as a kid, with a bolt action rifle that never ran out of bullets, but in the end they always found me and I would wake up pumped fulla adrenaline & sweaty.    It really made no sense at all.  My gun worked, but it was not enough --- never had the busted gun one.

Anyone ever have the one where you're dressed in sort of sun god robes, standing on a pyramid with a thousand women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?

Yes, this is a bit more like it.

except the throwing of little pickles at me.

Anyone ever have the one where you're dressed in sort of sun god robes, standing on a pyramid with a thousand women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?

Were they Dill? Because if i'm the sun god and these trollops are chucking sweet pickles at me... I'm gonna start melting faces.

• Like 1

Yeah, I had one last night actually. 3 armed people came in the house so I grabbed my AR and shot two of the people then it jams on me. Cleared it, shot the other guy 5 times, bullets didnt do anything to the guy and my rifle jams again and I cant clear it so I switch to my glock shot him a few more times then it jammed too. Cleared it and unloaded on the guy and I woke up.

I think you all really want someone to break in your home and you be a hero and kill them so you can be in the news and make gun owners look good. Lol

Huh?
Please tell me that's a failed attempt at humor.

While I take NO moral issue with ridding the world of mutant zombie ghetto trash thugs, I take great issue with any insinuation that the respecstable gentlemen of TGO actaully WANT to engage a hostile enemy and take their life.
If it ever happens to me, I'll lose no sleep over it I guarantee but I for damn sure won't be happy about and I don't sit around looking forward to it.

Again, please tell me I misinterpreted that post. Edited by Caster

It's your subconscious telling you to get rid of that pistol with the long-heavy trigger pull.  A decent 1911, Glock, XD, or similar will stop that dream and let you get back to the one where the cute blonde admires your .45 and asks you to take her home so that you can show her how to field-strip and clean it in private. :pleased:   Ummm, don't tell my wife that I still have that dream from time to time. :ugh: