Kahr PM9 Cerakote Pic

Climber

Hey guys,

I searched around for a while and did not see many pics out there of a cerakoted PM9 so I thought I would throw up a pic of my "New" Kahr.  I have carried this puppy for several years and the stainless was starting to show some wear and decided to change colors a bit.  

I found Jack over at Old Hickory Gunsmithing and asked him to cerakote my Kahr.  He did an awesome job and this looks just as good as any factory finish I have seen.  I REALLY like the new look and it definitely toned down the shine of the stainless slide.

pm9f.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks and  I'm really pleased with how it turned out.  I was a bit nervous at first but would do it again in heartbeat.  I looked around and Jack had some of the best prices in this area.  I think it depends on the size of your gun but around $130 to $150 seems to be the going rate for a pistol.  Rifles and Shotguns are obviously more.  

He just finished my Smith and Wesson 3953. I should be able to pick it up. He showed me some of his work. It all looked nice. My total was a little over $200, but I don't know everything he did for sure. I'll post a pic when I get it.
  • 1 year later...

Just thought i would give an update on the finish after a year of hard use.  I probably have this pistol on me 75% of the time I leave the house and alway appendix carry.  In summer, I sweat a lot and while working on the farm, the pistol takes some abuse.  So, after over a year of hard use, this thing still looks pretty close to the same as it did the day I picked it up!  I'm now a full believer in the benefits of cerakoting.  

• Like 2

Hmmmmm...Not sure if I like this or not.  Love the gun, just can't decide if I like that color or not.  

I am very interested in hearing how the coating holds up after you have carried it for a while.

Keep us updated.

[quote name="Climber" post="1154369" timestamp="1401665299"]Just thought i would give an update on the finish after a year of hard use. I probably have this pistol on me 75% of the time I leave the house and alway appendix carry. In summer, I sweat a lot and while working on the farm, the pistol takes some abuse. So, after over a year of hard use, this thing still looks pretty close to the same as it did the day I picked it up! I'm now a full believer in the benefits of cerakoting. [/quote] Pics showing the same gun now, please? :rolleyes:
....I am very interested in hearing how the coating holds up after you have carried it for a while.

Just thought i would give an update on the finish after a year of hard use.  I probably have this pistol on me 75% of the time I leave the house and alway appendix carry.  In summer, I sweat a lot and while working on the farm, the pistol takes some abuse.  So, after over a year of hard use, this thing still looks pretty close to the same as it did the day I picked it up!  I'm now a full believer in the benefits of cerakoting. 

- OS