CCI producing 4,000,000 .22 rounds a day

Thats not that much if you do the math. 4 mil/day is 28mil/week if they run 7 days a week thats  1.456 billion per year divided by 80 million gun owners in USA, thats 18 rounds each per year.

Edited by Superman
They could speed up getting it on shelves if they'd forego smaller packaging. Just throw everything in 500 or 1000 rd plain brown bulk boxes, stamp what it is on the top of it and ship it. Stuff flies off the shelf so fast no one cares and no one wants less than 500rds. They'd prob make a dollar saving the nice packaging for a later date when ammo makers have to compete.
  • Like 1

Increasing production for ammo is not something easily done if you are already running close to capacity.  Machinery is usually something that has a six-month to one year lead time.  If a lot of companies are trying to buy the same machinery, it could be longer.  High-speed case-drawing machinery is not found at Walmart.

Increasing capacity is a risk.  Spending a lot of capital is the kind of thing that keeps CEOs awake at night.  What if this is just a short-term demand?  If they spend a lot of money, only to have demand drop when production is ready to increase, then it's a lot of wasted money.  If this demand stays high, then any manufacturers who started increasing supply early will have a big advantage over those who choose not to increase production.

The problem is in trying to predict demand.  Right now, not many folks have working crystal balls.

I have a crystal ball they can use it says with the direction this country has taken to expect increases in demand in: Nov 2016, Nov 2020, Nov 2024, Nov 2028, Nov 2032, Nov 2036...

These increases can be expected until people with intent to infringe on our God given rights aren't a threat anymore forever. Edited by JWC
Guest Fruit jar

Winchester has an ammo plant at Oxford, MS. 22 lr ammo now but moving operations from East Alton, IL. .223 ammo start up soon.

Been by there many times. I have been tempted to just go lay at the gates and beg here recently haha.

Roadtrip!!  We can go see what all that Hotty Toddy stuff is about.  Its been quite some time since I dropped by Ole Miss

Our wonderful government has a ammo plant here in Milan. They could crank up production and not only help restock the shelves but stimulate the economy by putting folks around here back to work.. I forgot, the current administration is the cause of all this madness.. Ooo, if Ted Nugent  were only president..

They could speed up getting it on shelves if they'd forego smaller packaging. Just throw everything in 500 or 1000 rd plain brown bulk boxes, stamp what it is on the top of it and ship it. Stuff flies off the shelf so fast no one cares and no one wants less than 500rds. They'd prob make a dollar saving the nice packaging for a later date when ammo makers have to compete.

This is the Gods honest truth.  Double bag them buggers in a brown paper sacks.  People dont CARE!  How much could they save on plastic?  50 rounds in a plastic box??  PPpfffttt!  THousand rounds in a pasteboard box and roll on with it.

• Like 2

This is the Gods honest truth.  Double bag them buggers in a brown paper sacks.  People dont CARE!  How much could they save on plastic?  50 rounds in a plastic box??  PPpfffttt!  THousand rounds in a pasteboard box and roll on with it.

This^  JWC & Caster should be marketing managers for CCI

or they could offer to Charge 10% more and allow us to line up like beggars at the gate for bread with a pillow case each mornin

This^  JWC & Caster should be marketing managers for CCI

If I was everyone would be gettin' mini-mags in the cheapest sandwich bags Sams sells. Wouldn't even be be zipper bags it'd be them junky ones with the little flap. And Mini-Mags would be all the plant was churning out (I like Mini-Mags)
Guest Fruit jar

I found out that I have a cousin going to OM and working at the plant. She has been there since she started school, sophomore now. What was 20 hours a week has been 40+ since christmas for part time and 80 hours + for full time employees. She is quiting payday.  Winchester closes a union shop, moves the work to a non union shop and demands the workers to work overtime or walk. They need to form a union.

My friend got to #3 on the totem pole when they started the forced overtime with a union job. He told them, "I work 40 hours a week, if you don't like it do what you have to do." He got 30 days off for not working. They were leaving messages on his phone 3 times a day starting the first day to come back to work. He stayed off 20 before returning. He told the boss before punching in that his job works 40 hours a week, if you don't like it, we can do it again. He never worked a day overtime or holiday after that. He's been retired since april 2009.