Primer limit at Lebanon Gun Shop

I stopped at this store today, and of course they were all but out of powder, bullets, etc. What I did see was a large stack of CCI 400 primers. I asked to purchase 1000, and the lady told me she'd only sell me 500. WTF??!! They come in a box of 1000. It wasn't like I was trying to buy them out of stock. I left without buying anything. I'm not sure if I'll ever go back or not. It is their store, and they can operate it any way they see fit, but to me, that defies logic.

It just makes it to where a few more people can have them. For some folks 500 primers will last a very long time & they will have plenty .

At the moment I have like 300 SPP. The 500 would have suited me just fine. But that's me. Ha I would actually be pretty tickled! :)

Edited by xd shooter
  • Like 1

As long as they're keeping their prices pre- Bravo Sierra I wouldn't have a major issue with it. I do appreciate your frustration. I prefer to purchase my primers in 5000 lots.

The only way I can look at it is that it keeps the "re-sellers" from gouging. I know the best way to stop the gouging is to stop buying from those folks...I don't buy from them...but there's a lot of folks genuinely in need.

That's one of the things I appreciate most about TGO, the majority of members are looking out for each other.

edit: spelling ;)

Edited by prag
  • Like 1
I agree with Greg, I'd think a case of 1000 would make more sense if there already boxed 1000 to a case. Having said that I probably would have just bout my 500 and went on my way with no hard feelings, provided they're not charging full price for a case and then splitting it on you.
  • Like 1
Guest RevScottie

I'll never understand the rationale of finding something you need at a reasonable price and then walking away with nothing in hand because they won't sell you an unlimited qty?? I'd be very happy to walk in to a store and buy 500 primers at a reasonable price in this day and time.

I'll never understand the rationale of finding something you need at a reasonable price and then walking away with nothing in hand because they won't sell you an unlimited qty?? I'd be very happy to walk in to a store and buy 500 primers at a reasonable price in this day and time.

I'm just hard headed I guess. $4.29 per hundred isn't exactly a steal, but I consider it reasonable for the times.

Those little trays don't stack for storage very well. The boxes do.

Edited by gregintenn

So were they limiting you to (5) 100 round packs or were they busting up cases and selling to you. I've only ever bought primers in 1000 packs, but I think 100's are available. I understand your frustration if they were bulk packs that they are breaking down to smaller packs for resale.

Retailers are going to sell this stuff right now, it is not going to sit on their shelves collecting dust.  If anything stores that are putting limits on ammo and components are doing us average Joe's a favor.  It would be easier for them to sell their entire stock to the first scalper that comes in as opposed to spreading it out over several customers.

• Like 1

So were they limiting you to (5) 100 round packs or were they busting up cases and selling to you. I've only ever bought primers in 1000 packs, but I think 100's are available. I understand your frustration if they were bulk packs that they are breaking down to smaller packs for resale.

5-100 round packs. I'm with you. A box of 1000 is the very least I would drive to the store to purchase.

• Like 1

I stopped in a couple of weeks ago. Asked for 1000 large rifle, she replied there was a 500 limit. I bought my 500 with no complaint.

Beats the heck out of asking for 1000, and getting 0 because they're sold out.

I've bought from them a couple of times before; they had a reasonable price per 100, but no discount for 1000. FWIW

lots of places sell them by the 100.  once the box of 1000 is opened there are 10 individual boxes of 100, right?  I understand your frustrations but there are two ways to deal with panic buying and limited supply.  one is to raise the price and the other is to limit demand on the supply.  I would much rather have limits over higher prices. 

• Like 4

lots of places sell them by the 100.  once the box of 1000 is opened there are 10 individual boxes of 100, right?  I understand your frustrations but there are two ways to deal with panic buying and limited supply.  one is to raise the price and the other is to limit demand on the supply.  I would much rather have limits over higher prices. 

Correct to the first part, 10 sleeves of 100. 

+1 to the second. I would rather have 500 and pay a fair price for it then I would pay the price for 1,000 and only get 500.

I understand Gregs frustration. He's a bit like me, has a low tolerance level for some things. Thing is, and we all have to deal with

the situation at hand.....supply/prices. My plan now, if you can call it one, is take what you can get when you can, if the

price is fairly reasonable, & if you're in need of supply.

I've been in there a few time recently, as well as the Reloaders Bench, looking for bullets. None one the shelves. Have 500 on

order from Powder Valley, "hopefully" to ship around Mar. 7.

A problem, no doubt. Like herding cats!

I've only bought primers by the 1000 twice. Once was SPP when I first started reloading and the other was LPP when I first started loading 45s. Every other time I've gotten cases of 5000...thank you DLM!

This shortage of everything sucks! It aggravates the crap out of me that this could last 3 more years.

Some primers are better than no primers. I would have bought them.

Jason

If it were a no primer situation, I would have happily bought them. Due to bad weather, I've reloaded a lot lately, and was just looking to restock a bit. I still have more.

I've learned that if you keep a stock of supplies on hand, and replenish it as you use it, these times are aggravations rather than emergencies.

I'm afraid I'm turning into a grumpy old fart. Yesterday, paypal declined a purchase I was going to make, stating I'd reached my sending limit and needed to get verified. Well, that entails giving them access to my bank account, which I'm not about to do.

Things are changing, and I just don't like change.

• Like 1