Gabby Gifford's husband goes out and buys an AR15 lol

Dang!  Those pesky gun laws....

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/03/oops-gabby-giffords-husband-mark-kelly-may-have-committed-felony-with-his-ar-15-purchase/

Not really.

Perfectly legal to buy a firearm as a gift to non-prohibited person under federal law, and you are still to check that you are the actual transferee/buyer. Directions on the 4473 for question 11a state this clearly.

- OS

• Moderators

Not really.

Perfectly legal to buy a firearm as a gift to non-prohibited person under federal law, and you are still to check that you are the actual transferee/buyer. Directions on the 4473 for question 11a state this clearly.

- OS

This. Totally not a straw purchase. Douche-y, but not a straw purchase.

Not really.

- OS

I think the point here is that it was only after his purchase of the AR-15 was made public that he announced he was giving it to the cops.  Not that he has to tell anyone, but so far no one has verified that this was his original intent.  To me it seems unusual that one so outspoken about the necessity of getting firearms like these out of the hands of civilians wouldn't at least mention it at the point of sale.  He's still mum about the 1911, which is also peculiar since it was a handgun that ended his wife's career, not to mention the lives of several bystanders.

Edited by gun sane
  • Moderators
Oh yeah, his story totally fails the smell test. It is far and away a load of crap. I would feel comfortable speculating that he isn't a true believer when it comes to gun grabbing. This is simply an opportunistic platform to seek prominence/ elected office.

If it came out that the DNC power brokers offered him backing if he hopped on board the anti-2A train I would be less shocked than if there was a video of Obama out there a la EFAD.
  • Like 3
Guest 6.8 AR

At least, before this little leak, he was more electable than his wife, even after the shooting. Media is trying

to portray her as something she never was. The DNC(commies) will need the Soros voting machines to win

either of them a House seat.

I would expect more intelligence from a naval aviator and freaking ASTRONAUT.

Would more intelligence be that he wore a diaper to the store so he didn't need to make a pit stop on the way? Like Lisa Nowak did a few years back? :lol:

• Like 1

I must have missed it; what was the explanation as to why he didn't take it with him?

The stuff I have seen is that he had it worked on to make it fit him better.  Oh and he is keeping the 45...

Guest 6.8 AR

He didn't offer an explanation until it was found out he bought it. That's why it fails the smell test. Who

in the world knows if he was actually going to let it out he bought the gun, except him? The connection to

the high profile spouse makes it more suspect.

Edited by 6.8 AR

Here's the real reason why he didn't take possession of the gun:

Doug MacKinlay is the owner of Diamondback Police Supply, the shop where Kelly bought the guns. He said Kelly bought the rifle on March 5 but couldn't immediately take possession of it because the shop had bought it from a customer. As a result, the store is required by a Tucson ordinance to hold the gun for 20 days to give the city enough time to make sure the weapon wasn't used in a crime, MacKinlay said.

• Like 1
Guest PapaB

If straw purchases were really such a big deal then Bloomberg would be in jail, right?

People like Bloomberg don't go to jail, they're hospitalized as unfit to stand trial.

Guest Gunbunnie

Here's the real reason why he didn't take possession of the gun:

So he tries to say how easy it is to purchase an AR, by purchaseing an cheep, used AR. Only to have to wait. Sounds to me he want a cheep AR and got caught buying one. If he was trying to make a point he should have bought a new one so he could have had it that day.

If he was buying it as a gift, that is allowed.  But it also opens up the door of why would he buy a used one with a 20 day waiting period instead of buying a new one and leaving with it asap. 

It seems pretty stupid if you're proving a point of how easy it is to acquire a gun then having to wait 3 weeks to take possession of it.

If he was buying a firearm without intending to keep it, he commited a crime. Why hasn't he been arrested for a straw purchase. ....

No, there is nothing illegal about buying a firearm you don't intend to keep. Maybe you like to shoot different types, and know you'll sell most of them off over time.  Perfectly legal. Maybe you're buying it for a gift for a non-prohibited person. Also legal.

There are other intents that are illegal however, like buying for a prohibited person -- that's a true "straw purchase". Also buying for "the business" of firearm sales, without a license. The intent is not really prosecutable however, until we have Minority Report type mind probing, but the subsequent acts are.

- OS

The whole Gifffords show is a great window into the future dreamed for by the Demorat gun grabbers.  Ya see, this guy and others like him are much more erudite and enlightened than the rest of us delightful rustics who actually believe that the Constitution means what it says; ergo, its ok for him to own an AR; but it aint ok for you and i to own one. 

As my 23 year old is fond of sayin:   "...These sons and daughters of satan are busy tryin to bring the old world to the new.  They are part of an avant guarde, new would be "ruling class" that wants to make this country into a new pseudo-european serfdom in which they are the lords and you can guess who the serfs are...". 

This man (...like john glenn, john mccain, and several others...) is living proof that an excellent military record and service is not tatamount to sainthood, patriotism, nor love of country.   All these people took an oath to "....defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic...".   I dont know about you all; but it looks to me like that all them solemn oaths weren't worth the breath it took to say 'em.  Proving again that there are lots of opportunistic, no-conscience, peices of excrement out there masquerading as heroes and "enlightened ones".  They would have you and i believe that they are the "best and brightest"; and only they are fit to "do the peoples" business" in government.

At the end of the day; all this is about what ya believe down in side.    If ya have no core beliefs, a bit of fame or political opportunity will soon bring the lack of them out.   I say, as the old scotsmen would say: "....Ta heel with 'em all; theyre all no good...".

leroy

• Like 1

What would you think if that tube of toothpaste you bought instead was filled with mustard?  You wouldn't really know until you squeezed the tube.  Likewise, these politicians may wear the label of conservative, Republican or Tea Party but it's not until pressure is applied do we find out what's really inside.  Time and again we've squeezed John McCain, Lindsay Graham and a host of others whom we thought were on our side only to be disappointed yet again when bipartisan RINO came out.  Liberal politicians never surprise me.  They're the same inside as well as out; hypocrites through and through.

• Like 2