8 officers in the wrong, 102 shots fired??? GEEZ!!!!

• Moderators
When cops are taking care of business
I can understand
But this LA story's
Gone way out of hand
Acts of aggression
Say they're justified
Seems an obsession
Has started from the inside
They're shooting anyone
Who even tries to run
They're shooting little kids
With the toy guns
Take it to a jury
They'll throw it in your face
Cause justice in LA
Comes in a can of mace
Beat all the ******s
Beat whoever you see
Don't need a reason
LAPD!
Beat all the white trash
Beat whoever you see
Don't need a reason
LAPD! Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 1

Ok, lets recap here.

1 Cops open fire on an unidentified civilian vehicle NOT matching that on the APB

2 102  rounds expended without a previous shot at the officers

3 Two civilian women injured by the gunfire

4 LAPD says OOOPS, wrong truck. Don't worry. We will replace your truck.

5 Replace the truck and want the owners to pay taxes on it?

6 Can you say Bend over and kiss your ass goodbye you idiots.

Only one of several comments that come to mind, but my personal favorite--

Dumbass!!!

• Like 1

If you dig through the story it gets even worse. The city atty. is pretending to try and get the situation resolved but makes this statement:

"We may not get them an automobile, it may just be a check that will compensate them fully for their loss, without an admission of liability," Trutanich said.

LAPD needs to just go ahead and forget about that truck and start signing over pension funds to the victims and their family.

Ok, lets recap here.

1 Cops open fire on an unidentified civilian vehicle NOT matching that on the APB

2 102  rounds expended without a previous shot at the officers

3 Two civilian women injured by the gunfire

4 LAPD says OOOPS, wrong truck. Don't worry. We will replace your truck.

5 Replace the truck and want the owners to pay taxes on it?

6 Can you say Bend over and kiss your ass goodbye you idiots.

Only one of several comments that come to mind, but my personal favorite--

Dumbass!!!

umm.. That's 102 *holes*.  Expended round count has to be much higher.

Guest carter

well to get around the 1099 issue just sue them for pain and suffering and including the damaged truck in that :) its smart they didn't take the new truck offer... 

Why can't they just admit they f'd up royal? This is the reason there is so much distrust of the LAPD. They are planning to settle out of court so they don't have to admit wrongdoing and they can gag the victims as part of the deal. IMO, these ladies should absolutely not settle out of court. They should sue civilly and push for criminal prosecution of the officers involved. This whole "well he the other officers were shooting and I shot too" argument they always give is BS. Every officer is responsible for their rounds same as me. None of those POS's have any business walking the street free without threat of prosecution, let alone wearing a badge.
  • Like 5

So if 8 "trained" LEO's can expend 12.75 rounds each (102/8 = 12.75) and still not neutralize the "threat" of 2 unarmed women.......then how does the liberal logic work to suggest that the average joe should not be able to have more then 10 rounds to defend himself and his family from all the crazy whackjobs that CA has been releasing do to lack of prison funding......retorical question of course.

I know several awesome LEOs (obviously not from LAPD) that would never operate like this, and for their sake I feel bad because it gives peope a bad taste in their mouth for Law Enforcement everywhere.

Glad these women are still alive, and I hope they don't settle for anything short of civil and hopefully criminal action against all 8 and the city.

• Like 3

Ain't it amazing how a 45,000 dollar truck (35,000 for the truck and at least 10,000 for the screwed up California taxes) just turned into millions...  No frickin wonder those butt wipes are bankrupt and everyone with a small amount of common sense is moving out of the state. They should tie the city attorney to a chair and force him to watch Sesame Street for 72 hours straight and maybe he'd pick up on some basic math skills.

Edited by jdredmond
  • Like 1

Prison - none of those officers should carry a badge again. That is what is really sad. I could not have done that in peacekeeping ops overseas, why in the hell are they getting away with it here? A ccl holder would already have been demonized and arrested.

What bothers me about this is the officers were obviously out to kill the suspect, I'm not saying he was innocent, but their job is to arrest and prosecute not vigilantism. They are police officers, not hired guns to kill who they don't like.
  • Like 5
Guest MilitiaMan

What bothers me about this is the officers were obviously out to kill the suspect, I'm not saying he was innocent, but their job is to arrest and prosecute not vigilantism. They are police officers, not hired guns to kill who they don't like.

Tell them that. The LAPD seems to have forgotten the "protect and serve" part long ago.

Guest confidence

So if 8 "trained" LEO's can expend 12.75 rounds each (102/8 = 12.75) and still not neutralize the "threat" of 2 unarmed women.......then how does the liberal logic work to suggest that the average joe should not be able to have more then 10 rounds to defend himself and his family from all the crazy whackjobs that CA has been releasing do to lack of prison funding......retorical question of course.

I know several awesome LEOs (obviously not from LAPD) that would never operate like this, and for their sake I feel bad because it gives peope a bad taste in their mouth for Law Enforcement everywhere.

Glad these women are still alive, and I hope they don't settle for anything short of civil and hopefully criminal action against all 8 and the city.

EXCELLENT point!

I, too, have friends who I respect as professional LEO's and who would never do this.

These guys need to have their badges melted.

With flamethrowers.

WHILE they're wearing them.

They should be punished....severely......along with whoever commands them, trained, them, etc., right on up to Governer Moonbeam Brown. The LAPD has a systemic problem that just happened to get highlighted in this particular episode.

WTH, I got up, didn't see this on the news, went to work, come back to see this.

umm.. That's 102 *holes*.  Expended round count has to be much higher.

Yup, now to count the casting and see how many total shots fired.