Oh Snap! End of the world!

Guest Verbal Kint

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh no, I'm probably outnumbered here...

BUT I'M NOT OUT-GUNNED!

Wait... that depends on who Joe from Hero Gear supports...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Verbal Kint

Local gun shop received the last of my parts for the G23 today. Had them order the parts on the store credit I received, vs ordering them myself out of pocket, so it took a little longer. Little over a week's turn-around time... so still not bad.

Here's the final (current) spec for my carry gun:

Glock 23

• Ameriglo Tritium Sights (Green Front / Yellow Rear, White Inserts)
  • Glock Smooth Trigger (Non-Serrated)
  • Vickers / TangoDown Extended Magazine Catch
  • Wolff CNC Recoil Guide Rod
  • Wolff Spring Kit, 18# (Factory Weight)
  • Ghost "Ranger 4.5" Connector
  • Grip Plug

Simple modifications... done for personal preference, reliability, and comfort.

Range results/opinions will follow shortly. :rolleyes:

Edited by Verbal Kint
Lol, You might be able to get a special order in, but why would you do that since the only gun that exists in a homies world is a glock.

nah, you forgot about lorcins:tough: dose gats gots da gold ta match ma teefs:cool:

Guest Verbal Kint
smilielol5.gifsmilielol5.gif

:)

HK makes good guns is all that I was saying. Would I recommend them to others? Sure, without a doubt. Would I recommend a glock? Sure, without a doubt. All boils down to taste and what you'll use it for.

I've been fortunate to shoot or own various handgun makes over the years (Bersa .380, Sig 228, 229, HK P2000sk, HK45C, Colt 1911, Wilson Combat 1911, etc) in .380, 9mm, .40S&W, .45ACP. Some I shot a lot, some I owned and never put a round through them for various reasons. The Wilson Combat, I never shot due to how much money it cost and the lack of carry/use (due to that) that I saw myself with it. Other swaps were due to wanting the latest and greatest thing, or making the purchase after trying someone else's model.

Ultimately, I've finally stopped buying into the X camp is better than the Z camp... and adopted the mindset that a gun is just another tool. It can cost $3,000 and look like a piece of art... or it can cost $500 and be ugly as sin (Glock). As long as it's reliable and goes bang when you want it to, you're good to go.

So like I was saying... I'll recommend an HK to most anyone, if that's what they're after. But I'm perfectly happy with my ugly ass G23. :D

• Administrator

You know... Glocks are the 1911 of the polymer handgun world. Look at the tremendous aftermarket support that they enjoy! You can buy a Glock and have the foundation upon which to build a gun exactly the way you want it, however you want it, for very little cash. Or you can buy an HK and have an HK exactly the way that HK wants you to have it.

:)

• 1 year later...
Guest SUNTZU

Stick around, Dr. Coffee, its all in fun (except really, read the date of the last post). We don't want to scare you off. You have to have a thick skin around here. :panic:

Guest SUNTZU

I just saw at the "currently active users viewing this thread" that he was looking at it, so either he is looking at it, or he is one with the Machine God and looking at it.

Guest drcoffee

It's Never a bad time to kick a Glock owner. Even if its a year later.

Somebody makes a gun so simple that even a cop can use it and it becomes an Icon? If you can't figure out what a safety is, you shouldn't be holding a gun anyway.:panic: