OUCH!

broox

So, since with ammo as it is, I have not been shooting much, so I have bought a few doo-dads and gadgets for my rifles.  I recently got a new red dot for one of my ar-15s.  I also bought one of those laser bore-sighters.  The one shaped like a bullet and goes in the chamber and shines a laser out the barrel.  well the instructions with the bore sighter said to not close the bolt and use the extractor to remove it from the chamber.  OK, no problem, I lock the bolt back, slide the boresighter in the chamber, and get the red-dot pretty close.  Now time to remove the boresighter.  I just pushed it in their with my finger, but it seems pretty tight-it won't just shake out.  Get a long rod and push it out from the other end?   Of course not!  I merely hold the rifle pointed straight up with my left hand on the handguard, I take my right middle finger and stick it into the magwell, right behind the firing chamber, cause I don't want my new calibrated laser bore sighter to bounce around the room and lose calibration.  Then I drop/slam the rifle onto the floor against the buttstock.  I hope you are with me so far.

CLINK, the bolt slams home, well almost home.  Now my middle finger is pinched like hell, and I am trying to pull the bolt back left handed with my right bird finger caught between the chamber and bolt.  it hurts like hell. 

• Like 1
Guest Travtastik
Had a buddy do the same thing the other day. First he slammed it with out his finger in there and the bolt jammed up in the chamber. Then he put a finger in their to hold it back.

So, since with ammo as it is, I have not been shooting much, so I have bought a few doo-dads and gadgets for my rifles.  I recently got a new red dot for one of my ar-15s.  I also bought one of those laser bore-sighters.  The one shaped like a bullet and goes in the chamber and shines a laser out the barrel.  well the instructions with the bore sighter said to not close the bolt and use the extractor to remove it from the chamber.  OK, no problem, I lock the bolt back, slide the boresighter in the chamber, and get the red-dot pretty close.  Now time to remove the boresighter.  I just pushed it in their with my finger, but it seems pretty tight-it won't just shake out.  Get a long rod and push it out from the other end?   Of course not!  I merely hold the rifle pointed straight up with my left hand on the handguard, I take my right middle finger and stick it into the magwell, right behind the firing chamber, cause I don't want my new calibrated laser bore sighter to bounce around the room and lose calibration.  Then I drop/slam the rifle onto the floor against the buttstock.  I hope you are with me so far.

CLINK, the bolt slams home, well almost home.  Now my middle finger is pinched like hell, and I am trying to pull the bolt back left handed with my right bird finger caught between the chamber and bolt.  it hurts like hell. 

That's one of those things that you'll only do once. :rofl:

Haven't done that yet but I used to constantly get my thumb jammed in the buttstock cleaning kit hole on the sks as a kid. Also got the web in between my thumb and pointer caught in between the slide and barrel of my dads 92.

Heh... Done that with my sks too.