A&H reloading = No good!

http://ahreloading.com

A-H Reloading

1134 4th Ave. South

Nashville Tn. 37210

(615) 835-3407

Okay, so a close buddy of mine went there on my suggestion looking for things David did not currently have in inventory. 

He bought (200) 90g Hornady bullets for his .380  

I prepped the brass and was going to load them for him.  Well, he brings me these bullets and I knew they were pull downs.  I KNOW pull downs have marks.  It's just a part of life and USUALLY they don't affect anything.  Well, these were swaged down, WAY undersize.  No big deal, its just a few bullets, so lets take them back right?  WRONG!  The dude at A&H proceeds to say that he's sold ten thousand of them and had no complaints.  "Soooo....could you just take a look at these?  Several of these will fall down into a fully resized case."  NO, you just don't know what you're doing.  "So I have them here and you're not even going to look at them?"  NO!  There's nothing wrong with them!

Well, bless my soul!  How wonderful it must be to know without seeing!  How truly astounding it must be to have such claircognizance that you don't even need visual confirmation to KNOW that something is what it is!  

What an Arrogant, Narcissistic Ahole!  I'm not immune to being wrong.  I could be.  Maybe I ain't doing something right.  BUT what kind of business man REFUSES (hatefully) to even inspect the items in question?  

ANYWAY, the bullets themselves mean nothing.  I'll pitch them in the trash before I worry over the cost of 200 bullets.  It's the attitude and treatment received.  

KNOW who you're buying your stuff from and KNOW they are reputable people to deal with.  I guess David (DLM37015) has me laboring under the delusion that it's easy to be honest and reputable in the reloading supply business.  He sure doesn't seem to have any trouble treating people with respect and taking care of business the right way.

Again, I may NOT be doing something right.  I'll be happy to give him the benefit of the doubt and leave judgment to my TGO brethren.  I mean, I was only a machinist for 13 years.  Maybe that ain't enough experience to know when tab A doesn't fit slot B.  

If I'm wrong, someone feel free to correct me.

AND, one last time.  This ain't got NOTHING to do with the bullets.  It has EVERYTHING to do with the lousy D/bag who refused to even look at the things.  

SO, here's some pics.  I hope they come through.

Measured towards the base of the bullet, if you can't read a mic, that's .3451

[url=http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/Reloadingfool/media/DSC02869_zps0c98e2c7.jpg.html]DSC02869_zps0c98e2c7.jpg[/URL]

Measured towards the top is about .354   Some are worse, these are all random samples.

[url=http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/Reloadingfool/media/DSC02870_zps5875ce02.jpg.html]DSC02870_zps5875ce02.jpg[/URL]

Here's one measured in the middle at about .351

[url=http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/Reloadingfool/media/DSC02871_zps3aa3fced.jpg.html]DSC02871_zps3aa3fced.jpg[/URL]

Well, put the calipers to them for a second opinion!!

[url=http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/Reloadingfool/media/DSC02872_zpsc74dc906.jpg.html]DSC02872_zpsc74dc906.jpg[/URL]

DOH!

AND, I don't know if you can tell but the bases are swelled to the point they wobble when set on a hard flat surface.

They're almost a bevel base now!

[url=http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/Reloadingfool/media/DSC02873_zps69da7c59.jpg.html]DSC02873_zps69da7c59.jpg[/URL]

I wish you all the best in life A&H Reloading.  BUT, you've lost my business and all that of my circle of friends.  Not for your prices, they're not bad at all.  Not for you're inventory, you got a decent selection there.  You've lost it for treating my best buddy like a pile crÃ¥p.  You're attitude sucks!

• Like 2

*Disclaimer*

This is no less than I deserve for even considering the use of these stupid copper condoms.  Needless to say, an appropriate mold will soon be acquired and that'll be end of this jacketed nonsense. :usa:

• Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

I'd like to see what those bullets were pulled from, wouldn't you? Looks like they were squeezed way too

much at the wrong place, to me.

Doesn't sound like he will be in business long. Bottom line is 'the customer is always right' (unless said customer has destroyed something and is trying to return it or something along those lines). On top of treating a customer like poo, if he has sold 10,000 of those jewels with no problem why would it have been such a big deal to resale 200 more? I've had good luck with David having what i've needed so i've not needed to venture out but in the off chance it happens thank you for saving us the trouble of dealing with someone like this.

That surprising I have been in there many times and he always deals me straight.

Since you use him perhaps a friendly hint that he's is losing lots of business to the reloading community as a direct

result of his refusal to treat customers correctly.  You might also mention that everyone knows at least 240 people.

If one person tells his 240 people and they pass it on I'd ask him how long he plans to remain in business?

He certainly will not get my business and obviously would never get a recommendation from me.

Lp

Edited by Lowpower

Since you use him perhaps a friendly hint that he's is losing lots of business to the reloading community as a direct
result of his refusal to treat customers correctly.  You might also mention that everyone knows at least 240 people.
If one person tells his 240 people and they pass it on I'd ask him how long he plans to remain in business?
 He certainly will not get my business and obviously would never get a recommendation from me.

Lp

I don't even live there yet and probably won't use them. I vaguely remember a negative review in another post too. David will be my go to guy when I get setup after the move.

I wonder how long before they sign up here and raise hell about this thread.

I say let them! Maybe once they see how they treated a customer, and how we as a group feel about them, maybe they will change their ways! We can hope. There is Strength in Numbers.

Dave S

Edited by DaveS
  • Administrator

I'm just saying it's happened numerous times in the past and I dread it every time it does.  I think that customers should be savvy and know when a business provides less than acceptable customer service, so don't get me wrong here.  I'm just saying these threads almost always result in some junior lawyer wannabe sending me an email telling me they're going to sue me or TGO because of what someone else posted on this site about their business.  Libel, slander, etc.

None of which is even remotely applicable because people are allowed to have opinions and are allowed to share them like this, but it never stops the guy who thinks his childhood spent watching The People's Court from thinking that makes him a lawyer and sending stupid emails.

Sorry to vent.  Just a glimpse inside my world I suppose.   :)

• Like 8

I'm just saying it's happened numerous times in the past and I dread it every time it does. I think that customers should be savvy and know when a business provides less than acceptable customer service, so don't get me wrong here. I'm just saying these threads almost always result in some junior lawyer wannabe sending me an email telling me they're going to sue me or TGO because of what someone else posted on this site about their business. Libel, slander, etc.

None of which is even remotely applicable because people are allowed to have opinions and are allowed to share them like this, but it never stops the guy who thinks his childhood spent watching The People's Court from thinking that makes him a lawyer and sending stupid emails.

Sorry to vent. Just a glimpse inside my world I suppose. :)

That sucks.
Tell you what, at the first sign of headache, you just reach out with the administrative mighty mouse and double click on delete. Won't hurt my feelings in the slightest.
I just wanted my friends here to know what's going on. I'm not even trying to say don't shop there. You guys just be mindful of who you're dealing with and remember to ALWAYS support those who go out of their way to take care of you. Like our vendors here on TGO. We got some awesome people here, not just Magnum Materials. Guns and Leather, Cain Law Firm, D&T and all the others. These guys will help you.
We need to know who's treating us with respect and dignity and those who ain't.

No joke TGODavid, if it looks like theres an argument brewing, lock it and chunk it in the trash.......LOL not that you need anyone's permission. Edited by Caster
The strange thing is, by hammering David about a negative post, this just supports the bad report. I think an honest company that cares about its customers and reputation would try to make things right rather than whine to the site owner and make threats. I'm sure it gets frustrating to have to listen to it though.
  • Like 1

I bought 500 of those same bullets a few weeks back, IIRC they were priced at $8 per 100, It was definitely low enough that I picked up a handful and inspected them very closely before I purchased. (too good to be true and all that) I knew going in that all the rounds wouldn't be loadable I was hoping for 50%, but I think the price was 75%-80% off what I could find them for online.(but nowhere online had them in stock anyway) I'm not saying that the way the owner treated you was right b/c I wasn't there to witness it, but I can say that all my dealings have been fine and I appreciate having another option for reloading supplies.(DLM is tops though!) It sounds like your friend didn't know what to look for and felt cheated when he found out that many wouldn't be usable which I would never want to be a new re-loaders experience.

• Administrator

I have no reason to lock or delete this thread whether they complain or not.  Like I said, people are allowed by law to voice their opinion of people, businesses, etc.  It just never fails that someone who doesn't understand the legal definition of libel or slander will always scream about them being libeled or slandered and try to bully a reaction out of me.

I don't have the patience required to be a lawyer.  My first impulse when people are being asshats it to reach out and slap the piss out of them.  Lawyers are a little more tactful.

• Like 3

I bought 500 of those same bullets a few weeks back, IIRC they were priced at $8 per 100, It was definitely low enough that I picked up a handful and inspected them very closely before I purchased. (too good to be true and all that) I knew going in that all the rounds wouldn't be loadable I was hoping for 50%, but I think the price was 75%-80% off what I could find them for online.(but nowhere online had them in stock anyway) I'm not saying that the way the owner treated you was right b/c I wasn't there to witness it, but I can say that all my dealings have been fine and I appreciate having another option for reloading supplies.(DLM is tops though!) It sounds like your friend didn't know what to look for and felt cheated when he found out that many wouldn't be usable which I would never want to be a new re-loaders experience.

MY friend doesn't reload at all....yet.  He's learning.  I don't think he feels cheated any more than I do.  I wouldn't let 200 rounds of anything raise my blood pressure.  As I said earlier, as far as the bullets go, the price was such that fort all I care, I'll sling them in the trash and never give it another thought.  I've had to talk myself out of making a phone call a few times this morning to explain to this guy that this isn't how you talk to people.  It just isn't worth having an argument over.  

Heck, he could have still been rude and just said "No refunds, no exchanges, all sales are final" and I wouldn't be posting any of this.  

THe only thing that really upsets me is having the bullets in front of him and refusing to even look a them, all the while stating emphatically that they were perfectly usable.  

...I suppose they are usable.  My secret santa gave me a cool sling shot for christmas.  

• Like 1

The strange thing is, by hammering David about a negative post, this just supports the bad report. I think an honest company that cares about its customers and reputation would try to make things right rather than whine to the site owner and make threats. I'm sure it gets frustrating to have to listen to it though.

Same thing happened to a LGS a year or 2 ago. The business was bashed pretty hard for something that legitimately happened. I knew the owner enough to know that it didn't reflect his business sense. Plus, he was out of the shop when it happened and likely didn't even know. So, I forwarded him the post and he came on here and made it right.

This door swings both ways. I think he earned a lot of respect for making it right and NOT making excuses and being defensive.

The owner at A-H couldn't have thought this out, right? Why risk this much bad rep over a couple hundred lousy bullets. In his case, the customer was right in front of him and he CHOSE to do the wrong thing.

Edited by BigK

sometimes it ain't worth the trouble just throw them in the trash in move on

It absolutely is worth the trouble. It doesn't take any more effort to spread the word of a bad business than it does a good business. Just mention it in a conversation and it will get around. I promise it will spread like wildfire.

When businesses do this and people look the other way it only emboldens them and reinforces their bad behavior. They will continue to do it until someone calls them on it. Then they have a choice, change or suffer the consequences. And by consequences I mean telling every person you know of the bad business.

I know I would voice my opinion if I thought I got screwed out of a quarter. I would be telling everyone I knew if this happened to me. Especially if they gave me a FU like this business owner did to his customer.

The person refusing to check is one thing but to actually belittle a customer is something that is on a whole other level. He had a customer that already spent money and then the business belittles the customer when he has a problem. If you don't want to help that is fine but belittling customers means you do not deserve to take another dime from that customer.
  • Like 3
  • Moderators

I wonder how long before they sign up here and raise hell about this thread.

I know it ends up being a headache for you, but those are some of the best threads to read. If this board had a hall of fame for threads, it would be chock full of those threads.