Jesse Ventura Sues Wife of Slain Navy SEAL Chris Kyle

There's a really good thread over on ARFCOM that has links and opinions from both sides.

Chris said in a taped deposition that the story was false. 8 of 10 jury members agreed that he defamed him but making statements that said Venture was bad mouthing SEALs and wanted more of them to get killed. The defamation was the story hurt his reputation within that community. He offered to drop the suit while Chris was still alive if he would retract the story and "clear his name". He refused and they kept pushing the court date further and further out. 

This story like several others (the NO sniping during Katrina and the CIA covering up him killing 2 car jackers) have been proven to be fabrications.  People are talking about HONOR and what Venture should have done when Chris died because of the "brotherhood". Where was Chris's honor making up a story that hurt/destroyed the reputation of a member of the "brotherhood".  The bottom line is his family wouldn't be in this position if he had done the honorable thing and made a statement that he made it up or stretched the truth to an unbelievable point. But that would have ruined the movie deal since you can't have a pack of lies "based on a true story".

Video statement

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jesse-ventura-no-regrets-over-suing-widow-of-navy-seal-chris-kyle/

I feel the same way as most folks about this azzhat suing the widow. But what confuses me is how Jesse Ventura could get in a bar brawl and it can’t be proven in court. 8 out of 10 jurors must have believed the bar incident didn’t happen.

Maybe one of the court TV programs will run it.

Sounds like he is going after Harper Collins now. Edited by DaveTN
[quote name="JayC" post="1173759" timestamp="1406731174"] Again, we've all lost our temper and done things we regret... I'm just saying that if everything Chris Kyle said on TV was true... he was just as big of a dbag as JV is.[/quote] Maybe, but he was a SEAL. I sure don't carry water for those guys. There are plenty of douchebag SEALs who are up their own ass. Thing is, the type of people who occupy these meat eater jobs are also the type of guys who will shut down a person who is running their mouth, especially if that person is a fellow member of that community. That isn't odd at all. For Jesse Ventura to sue this guy and keep the lawsuit going after his death is beyond douchey. Everyone already knows JV sucks. If he is so worried about his image then why is he doing this? Now he is the most hated D-list celebrity there is. All he did was take money from a grieving widow. He sucks.
  • Like 1

Chis Kyle also claimed to have shot and killed two guys at a gas station in Texas for trying to steal his truck. Countless people have tried to find proof of this altercation, but no one has ever been able to find a single shred of evidence. 

Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Like 1

Chis Kyle also claimed to have shot and killed two guys at a gas station in Texas for trying to steal his truck. Countless people have tried to find proof of this altercation, but no one has ever been able to find a single shred of evidence.

He also claims he went to New Orleans after Katrina with another SEAL and they shot 30 people from the top of the Superdome. Both stories are ridiculous, especially the gas station incident. If what he said was true it was a justified shooting and all the law enforcement, DA Office, and Coroner would not have had a reason for the massive cover-up that would have required.
  • Like 1

As proud as JV is of his UDT days and the fact that he was there for SEAL graduation as a speaker, even if he was shit faced drunk and didn't even know his own name, I don't see him running his mouth about dead servicemen. The Government and Obama maybe but not what they allege he said about needing more dead Seals.

For whatever service Jesee Venture did for the country he has my thanks as does Chris Kyle as do all who have taken the oath and worn the uniform but I suggest looking at what each has done after their service...

When I look at what Venture has done after that service I see a no-talent actor, narcissistic conspiracy theory nutcase of a man who seems to enjoy filing lawsuits (this one was not his first)…a man who has said that he has lost his patriotism and that "I will never stand for a national anthem again. I will turn my back and I will raise a fist".  He has also vowed to apply for Mexican citizenship so that he can live there more months of the year.  Apparently his loss of patriotism and disgust with America does not prevent him from trying to profit from America’s court system

When I look at Chris Kyle after his service I see a man who poured his live (and lost his life) trying to help other veterans. His book, in which Venture claims he was slandered, was written to fund Kyle’s charity (and as I understand it, that is where all the profits have gone). A man who, at least outwardly, exhibited true concern for others rather than how to enrich himself.

Even if everything Venture said was true and he was slandered, only an asshole of ponderous proportions takes it out on the widow and child Chris Kyle left behind - continuing the lawsuit after Kyle’s death was a childish and reprehensible thing to do no matter what Kyle may or may not have done/said.

I’m not suggesting that Kyle is perfect; I’m not even saying Venture wasn’t slandered (although I will always think it childish of him to file a lawsuit) but from my perspective, one is a little boy in an old man’s body who cares little for anyone or anything but himself and the other is a man, perhaps a man with many flaws, who tried to live a life of service to those who needed it.

Unfortunately, it’s only the dirt bag America-hating narcissist that is still with us which is pretty sad.

• Like 4

The more I've learned about Chris Kyle over the last few days, has shocked me...  he is no American hero in my book, period.

He is either a liar or a dis-respectable murderer...  He claimed to have killed more than 30 armed civilians during Katrina from a snipers nest on the top of the Superdome....  And also to shoot two would be carjackers in Texas...  both appear to be complete lies.  At least I hope neither of those incidents really happened.

I can see both side of this. I don't care for Ventura much and Chris Kyle was a real hero.

That being said, it does appear Chris made up this story and talked poorly about another man who served his country. 

I saw this on another forum and tend to agree.  

Kyle made up a lie about Ventura in order to sell his book and movie. Ventura has every right to seek redress over that.

I think a better question for you to ask is "What kind of man invents malicious lies about his fellow veterans in order to make money

Kinda???

I am not sure what is gay about having Jesse the Body, Rick Flair and Rob Van Dam action figures.  These guys were hardly gay.

And Mike I will not kick your ass for insinuating it.  LOL  homophobe

Edited by Mike.357

The more I've learned about Chris Kyle over the last few days, has shocked me...  he is no American hero in my book, period.

He is either a liar or a dis-respectable murderer...  He claimed to have killed more than 30 armed civilians during Katrina from a snipers nest on the top of the Superdome....  And also to shoot two would be carjackers in Texas...  both appear to be complete lies.  At least I hope neither of those incidents really happened.

makes me wonder what else he lied about

the Body sued his estate,  this stuff happens every day in the USA.

• Administrator

I follow Breach Bang Clear (www.breachbangclear.com) pretty regularly and have found that the Mad Duo are generally spot on with most things.  When they posted an couple of articles this week about the Chris Kyle estate lawsuit, it made me take a second look.  One in particular linked to a summary posted on The National Review's web site.

There's some good reading here.  There is no doubt that Ventura is an asshat, but maybe not for the reasons we have all come to accept.

Read on:   http://www.nationalreview.com/article/384176/justice-jesse-ventura-was-right-his-lawsuit-j-delgado

• Like 1