Adam Kokesh loads shotgun in D.C.'s Freedom Plaza

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You left out the part where the cops came and said "Sorry, Revolutions over".

62342357da1dbccca126a7392aa80c5d_zps4dfe

The Blaze said that capitol police are now investigating him for that stupidity... Guess he showed them!

Slightly odd that a National Park Service ranger is arresting him.  Maybe Freedom Plaza is a National Park? 

Parkies cover it, basically just about anywhere large enough that a group of people can gather for a protest, is considered a park area there.

Funny way to define "success"

"Success" - the act of seeing oneself on internet sites such as youtube, thus creating useless controversy for self-aggrandizement, while developing a reputation as a "tool"...

Guest TankerHC

Yea, that photo was used on a conservative site about the shotgun loading with no reference. I snatched it. Have to check in detail from now on, some of these Conservative sites are no better than ALL of the Liberal sites when it comes to making their case.

I would say however that this individual, based on his background, is not a Conservative with a cause I would hitch my horse too.

Edited by TankerHC
Guest TankerHC

Funny thing is the shotgun video is not what he was arrested for. APPARENTLY from the 10 or so news articles I read this morning, this was an ongoing investigation that started prior to that. Kokesh was arrested on a Controlled Substance Charge and being in "possession of a firearm while in possession of a Class I or II substance". In this case Hallucinogenic Mushrooms.

This doesn't surprise me considering over the last couple of weeks I have read that he brought home a war trophy, a functional pistol,  was busted to Corporal, was at a Pro Pot Rally, and also participated in an Anti War Rally (No big deal, look at John Kerry), but did it in uniform. and was informed he was being investigated, just because you leave the service does not mean YOU LEAVE the service, IRR guys can be called up at any time, are still covered under the UCMJ, but it wasnt the Anti War rally that got him recommended for a other than honorable discharge (But got a general), it was telling a Major to go F himself in an email in response to the investigation notification.

Kokesh is not a dumb guy, he has a Bachelors degree and speaks Arabic fluently,  and he did serve when called upon, but his judgement isnt the best. I have to wonder how much his drug use has to do with it. Calling for the violent overthrow of the Government is clearly not "thinking things through". For one thing if your defending the Constitution why would you overthrow the Government? The Constitution was written to form THAT Government. The Founders gave you a way to change it every two, four and six years without getting dead doing it. You overthrow the US Government, the Constitution (Which your defending) becomes null and void, because there would be no Government for the Constitution to uphold. The Founders thought things through, and had a Government IN PLACE before they kicked the British out. Using the US Civil War as a reference would mostly be wrong also (As Kokesh has done on occasion), the lead up to the Civil War started in 1820, the bloodbaths began in 1857 that ultimately led to 1861. Were not there yet. If we were you wouldn't be able to step out your front door without bullets whizzing by your head.

Defending in a SHTF situation is one thing, defending against a totally, and I mean totally, out of control Government that has wiped away the Constitution completely and has come for you is another.

Promoting the violent overthrow of the Government while under the influence of mind altering drugs and deliberately violating Civil Laws of LOCAL Governments, which has nothing to do with the Federal Government, is kinda out in left field. I am not a follower to start with, but if I were I certainly would not follow a drug user who would like to overthrow the Government and put in place another Government OF HIS CHOOSING.

Plus, this isnt 1861, there are no well defined disputes. All Democrats and Liberals are not cowards as all Republicans and Conservatives are not hero's. If it were a 2A issue, what do you do about the 33 million (est) gun owners who are registered Democrats? And dont forget "The Force Acts".

Listening to some of those podcasts, the romanticizing of Revolution (The term used was Second American Revolution) is a farce. Someone needs to read Lee, and Longstreet and Grant, and Sherman and Sheridan. Or Jefferson Davis (A West Point Grad, Military Officer and Indian Wars Veteran) and see why he sat down in front of his wife and cried when he found out what was happening in South Carolina and that he was elected President. There is nothing romantic about it.

Nope, Ill stick with the ballot box for now.

JMHO

Edited by TankerHC

Odd to see USFWS Game Wardens involved.

Dave

As previously stated, that photo is from a different event.  Obviously it was on some other Dept of Interior property.  If there is a large protest, it is not uncommon for Interior to bring in officers from its other agencies to assist.  National Parks in the the DC area are under the jurisdiction of the US Park Police, that is why you see them handling his stupid stunt in Freedom Plaza.