TN black caucus calls for review of 'Stand Your Ground' law

Guest Charis

Someone should probably point out to them that the Florida stand your ground law, by percentage, protects MORE blacks than it does whites or hispanics.

Just sayin...

It seems like some of these black "leaders" are fine with selling em out just like black African slave traders.

I reckon many actual slaves were similar. They got all things from their owners and never even considered the fact that they were enslaved.

Some things haven't changed in a few hundred years.

Guest 6.8 AR

I'm getting real sick of this ####. Was the Zimmerman case just too complicated for these feeble minded douchebags to understand? Amazing

If you make up your own narrative, you don't have to see what's in a trial.
Those pesky commies don't care what the trial was about. It's only their
job, Mike. Be compassionate, calm down. :D

??

I actually went through TN Legislature, found that there seem to be 17 blacks:

Senate: 1 man, 2 women

House: 8 men, 6 women

So, 17 out of 132.

- OS

OS, you posted that you could only find the names of the Chair and the Exec Secretary.  That's two members.  Just speculating but perhaps the poster sees TN as an abbreviation for ten.  Hence, there must be eight more.  Possibly a joke? 

I, personally, have never had a need to abbreviate the word ten.

Let me just point out that this coming week in my home state of WV that a 1000 dollar a plate fundraiser is being held for Senator Manchin by none other than Mayor Bloomberg. Tell me that they are not coming to other states. Colorado can happen here, and it could start very simply. Sure you can build a coal plant, but it will bankrupt you. Sure you can have a gun, but we will bankrupt you.    

Be cautious and aware of things like this is what I am saying I suppose. 

• Like 2

Let me just point out that this coming week in my home state of WV that a 1000 dollar a plate fundraiser is being held for Senator Manchin by none other than Mayor Bloomberg. Tell me that they are not coming to other states. Colorado can happen here, and it could start very simply. Sure you can build a coal plant, but it will bankrupt you. Sure you can have a gun, but we will bankrupt you.    

Be cautious and aware of things like this is what I am saying I suppose. 

I don't think anyone is so complacient that they think it can't happen here.  At the same time, I don't think any such measure(s) would gain ground here because there is one universal truth about politicians; they all want power which means they all want to be reelected.  I think much more than a majority of them know that if they ever tried to turn back the clock on the gains we've made in the past 15-20 years it would make the income tax fiasco look like a playground scuffle.

• Like 1
With all that is going on MSNBC is at it again . Pushing and pushing inch by inch to try and get it changed adding to the fire Rachel Maddow BLASTS NRA In Florida Over Stand Your Ground Laws http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKk2vCCe3zw

??

I actually went through TN Legislature, found that there seem to be 17 blacks:

Senate: 1 man, 2 women

House: 8 men, 6 women

So, 17 out of 132.

- OS

Kinda like the American Medical Association......it's on 8% of all Doctors. And the majority of them are in it for the logo when they are starting out.

Come on guys, help me out here.  I hired Stevie Wonder to sing at my birthday party, and now he won't come because of our Stand Your Ground law.  I asked him to look into is heart and find a way to forgive us and he said, "LOOK into my heart?  I'm BLIND!" :cool:

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2013/07/stevie_wonder_s_florida_boycott_his_zimmerman_verdict_protest_is_savvy_and.html

• Moderators

With all that is going on MSNBC is at it again . Pushing and pushing inch by inch to try and get it changed adding to the fire Rachel Maddow BLASTS NRA In Florida Over Stand Your Ground Laws

What I wouldn't give to see her win the Julius Striecher Award for Journalistic Integrity.
Guest Cazador

It's amazing that the great legal mind of the AG will review the case for civil rights violations but has no desire to review the stop and frisk laws in the communist cities.

I don't think anyone is so complacient that they think it can't happen here.  At the same time, I don't think any such measure(s) would gain ground here because there is one universal truth about politicians; they all want power which means they all want to be reelected.  I think much more than a majority of them know that if they ever tried to turn back the clock on the gains we've made in the past 15-20 years it would make the income tax fiasco look like a playground scuffle.

Given the track record of Gov. Haslam and Speaker Harwell with respect to firearms rights in TN, their absolute worship of Lamar Alexander and the desire to maintain a "Most Favored Southern Republican Administration" status under the current President, nothing, and I mean nothing would surprise me.

And as to getting enough people involved to push back against a study to "Look" at the Stand your Ground law, and movement to "reasonably change" our SYG, don't hold your breath.

Edited by Worriedman