I dont often ask for prayers........

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

In fact I have only done it once. My family and my wife's family believes in prayer wholeheartedly. 18 months ago I had a nephew (sisters grandson) born with one lung (reversed0, no ribcage, no stomach, deformed heart, and all of his internal organs pushed up into one side of his body and intertwined. Doctors said he was the sickest kid they had seen come through Galveston Childrens hospital and gave him zero chance of survival. Well my sister said that she was going to save her grandson and she started a prayer chain that extended halfway around the world. I told her to leave it to Science, the Doctors know what they are talking about. Well the kid is headed for his second birthday, with no signs of slowing down. Has to wear oxygen part of the time, has medical issues of course that unless you know, you cant see. Artificial stomach and ribcage (Has to have surgery and replaced as he grows) and a few other things. The kid who had zero chance of survival, survived.

That being said, I believe its time to ask a second time. First time my sister asked me to ask everyone I knew, so I did, on gun Forums and Computer Forums, friends at the range, fishing and Army buddies, etc.

This time though is my wife's family. Her mom is 79 years old, a Cancer survivor, had it 12  years ago, the surgery put her in a wheelchair. But other than that she has been fine. Started feeling ill last couple of weeks, temporarily in a nursing home, she is coming home, she was only in there for tests and to work some strength back. Transferred to the Hospital for tests today, one of those tests was a colonoscopy, just got back, Doctor came out and talked, said he found a mass and believes she has cancer again.

So if you all would throw some prayers this way for my mother in law and her family, I would certainly appreciate it.

And on a final note. And I'm not preaching, you can take it for what its worth. If your Doctor says get a rectal exam, get it. If your over 40 and they say you don't need it, get it anyway, especially if you have a history of cancer in the family. On my 50th birthday physical I was told I didn't need to do it 'today" , I could do it next time, which would be six months later. Was told I wouldn't need a colonoscopy until I was 55.  Made them do it anyway, felt something, Next thing, day later getting a colonoscopy. Two days later call from Doctor, found cancerous cells. Quick treatment, good as new. Doctor said I couldn't have caught it any earlier. But if I had said, OK, Ill wait, may not have turned out so well. Finger up the butt, 15 seconds. Colonoscopy, 45 minutes, didnt even know when it started or finished. Well worth taking a finger up the butt. Better than the alternative.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bonedaddy

Done, fella and yea, get that booty checked. Mine came back good. Doc said I didn't need to do it, again, for another 10 years but I ain't buyin' that 'cause there's lots of colon, retal, lung, etc. cancer on my mother's side and my aunt on my dad's side died of stomach cancer. If I can't catch it early, I probably won't do much 'bout it, considerin' the odds ain't great and I don't want chemo/radiation wreckin' the rest of my life but caught early, you got good chances, so do it you 'fraidy cats.

Prayers sent for your family.

I absolutely believe in the power of prayer.

Now that doesn't mean that they are always answered the way we want, but I have seen too many instances where prayers were clearly answered in ways that could not be explained.

Prayers sent. The Word is alive.

In John 10:10 Jesus makes a point of purpose - says the devil comes to steal, kill, and destroy.....period. Then Jesus provides a stark contrast ...His purpose is two fold -  to give life, and also life more abundantly.  That is eternal life to come, and a better life right now.

If you have indeed only asked for prayers a time or two, then increase frequency immediately.  Second, simply and honestly challenge Jesus to show himself to you.  He can't resist that (and he loves it).  From my personal experience, It is life changing.