The Best Glock Model Ever

glockster157

I agree with the G19 comments but prefer the Gen 3 G23 for the simple fact there are more caliber options. With all of the conversion kits/barrels, it may be the most versatile handgun ever (.40S&W; .357SIG; 9mm; and .22LR). Can be used for any handgun purpose, i.e., HD, carry, range/target, etc. Other models are better shooters, especially G17L and G34, but are too big for all roles.   

I love my Glock 29 with Lasermax. I like the horsepower of the 10MM. I have 2 model 29's and 2 model 20's. One of the 20's stays by my bed with a Lasermax and Glock light.

I agree with the G19 comments but prefer the Gen 3 G23 for the simple fact there are more caliber options. With all of the conversion kits/barrels, it may be the most versatile handgun ever (.40S&W; .357SIG; 9mm; and .22LR). Can be used for any handgun purpose, i.e., HD, carry, range/target, etc. Other models are better shooters, especially G17L and G34, but are too big for all roles.

Yes, the G23 can do something a G19 can never do which is shoot two other calibers with only a barrel change. I do love a G26 though, I feel the recoil and follow up shots are even better with the 26 over the 19. This because of the dual recoil spring and since the G19 has the beveled hood on the barrels chamber.
  • Like 1

I have thought of taking a G19 and trimming the grip to take G26 mags. Barrel length isn't as hard to conceal as grip length. And if done right you could still use G19 and G17 mags with A&G grip fillers. Or you could do the same to a 23. 

Edited by glockster157

After I posted my comment I thought about this.  I do agree.  I think the reason that the G19 is the default it because so many people have them, and the 9mm config is the jack of all trades when it comes to accuracy, concealability and capacity.  I would say the .40 cal config takes a close second.  Due to the fact that a 23 can do both I can get behind the statement that the 23 truly is the ultimate in terms of being good at everything, but not the best at anything.  That is what I look for in a pistol.

Glock 35 gen 3 is the only glock I have ever owned. Love it and I will get a 17L if possible in future. Would also like the G19 and a glock in .45.

I recall saying I will never have a Glock ... :)

I think I have owned nearly every model of Glock made(not in every Gen) except the GAPS and the 10 MM's. For versatility I would have to say the 27/33 but in practicality ,,,,,,The Model 19 in any generation.

G19 is the best of the breed. Not an opinion- objective fact. Really. End of discussion. :pleased:

• Like 1
Ive owned a 19 and a 26 before I bought my 29sf about 8 months ago. I bought the 10mm because of the wide range of loadings offered. With specialty loads from Double Tap, you can sling 200 grain rounds at 1300 fps...between .357 mag and .41 mag ballistics. Works great as a woods carry gun. In addition, you can load it with standard self defense rounds and hit harder than a .45 acp.

All that being said, my Gen 4 17 is still my favorite at the range :)