Troy Industries facing backlash

Really DaveTB really?!? Or are you just trying to fire folks up?

Someone has to be the contrarian. But seriously, the actions of the gov on this one are so indefensible and tragic that Randy Weaver could have blown up the side of the mountain, burying the entire task force and still walked away justified in doing so. I say that with all the sympathies to the LE and troops that were there and the understanding that their actions were arguably justified in the moment based on what information they had. There is a small handful of people that really, really needed to be thrown in the clink for that one; Randy Weaver wasn't one of them.
  • Like 2
  • Moderators

Wow… from hero’s to dirtbags over a couple of employees. You guys are a tough crowd. biggrin.gif
leaving.gif

Well, to be fair, One of those employees is a person who helped give rise to the image of federal law enforcement being jackbooted thugs. If every member of the FBI & ATF who were involved at Ruby Ridge were to show up with their throat slit tomorrow I would drink a beer in honor of the person or people who did it. . Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 1

That may well have been the case. But why didn’t he (or Harris) just deal with it instead of opening fire?

If you get accused of something you didn’t do and start shooting at the cops when they show up; what do you think is going to happen? If you want to become a dead martyr fine. But why not send your wife and kids to safety?

You of all people are using the findings of the Justice Department to back up your beliefs? You gotta admit that’s kinda funny. biggrin.gif

Because in America, the burden of proof doesn't lie with him. Remember that from somewhere? If the government,

any government in this country, does something like what happened in this case, they should be neutered, spayed

or whatever. One officer could have walked up to that cabin and dealt with this, rather than what actually happened.

They didn't even get the court date right!

Randy Weaver was completely justified in his actions.

That may well have been the case. But why didn’t he (or Harris) just deal with it instead of opening fire?

If you get accused of something you didn’t do and start shooting at the cops when they show up; what do you think is going to happen? If you want to become a dead martyr fine. But why not send your wife and kids to safety?

You of all people are using the findings of the Justice Department to back up your beliefs? You gotta admit that’s kinda funny. biggrin.gif

I don't believe in martyrs, first. Secondly, if I get accused of something, I expect to be notified, duly. This idea of coming to my door

with guns drawn is a load of crap. I have never and don't ever expect to get myself in a situation where the police would have any

valid reason to come to my door with guns drawn. If they do for a traffic ticket, I may consider the moment. That's irresponsible

behavior for any police dept. And I think you know that.

We have the right to resist an unlawful arrest.

Edited by sigmtnman
  • Like 3

One is known by the company one keeps.  My momma told me that when I was a youngster.  That applies to a company and the individuals that work there as well.  How much do they sell to the civilian marketplace vs what they sell to government entities?  Im afraid that TI has made some choices here, and I hope they can live with it.  I rarely  agree with DaveTN, and I dont in this case either.  

Edited by barewoolf
  • Like 3

We have the right to resist an unlawful arrest.

There was a warrant for Weaver, they negotiated with him to surrender for months; he refused. They engaged agents in a firefight where Harris killed a U.S. Marshall and Weavers son was killed after firing on LEO's. It was not an unlawful arrest and they had no right to resist.

Both Weaver and Harris made threats against anyone that tried to capture them. They were taken seriously. Randy Weaver and Kevin Harris acts were the cause of the death of Sammy Weaver, Vicki Weaver, and Marshall Degan. They should still be in prison; in my opinion.

Since we've stirred this hornet's nest up a bit, so to speak, i think folks need to bear some human nature things in mind. 

The first is this; you are what you are.... .  If you are no good, it will soon show up if you are given enough power and lee-way.  That's exactly what happened with the Randy Weaver thing.  

It got several people killed, some of 'em murdered (...i think...); all over a "failure to appear in court" and shortening two single shot shotguns 1/4 inch under the 18 inch minimum decreed by law.  There wuz one reason and one reason alone, that a US Attorney and the gubmt fooled with this; and that is that they wanted to make an "example" out of Randy Weaver.... . My guess is that it wuz to help the political aspirations of whoever the US Attorney in that territory wuz; or, worse, yet; to send a message to anyone who would defy or ignore Uncle Sam that the consequences of ignoring him are very deadly and final...  

Never believe the fairy tale that says that all gubmt servants are selfless patriots.   Some of 'em would be accessories to murder in order to feather their nests; and would cover their tracks and withhold evidence while doin it; just like they did in the Weaver case.  Take a look at what happened in Florida the other day...

There are apparatchiks in the gubmt at all levels that will do most anything to either get what they want or cover for what they have. Ergo, the evidence tampering in the Weaver case.   These apparatchiks have willing accomplices who will plead that "they were just doin their jobs" when they are confronted with wrongdoing... That brings us to the FBI hostage rescue guys.... .   They knew full well what wuz right and wrong; but they choose to curry the favor of those for whom they work... . It takes courage to refuse an unlawful order; and they (...sadly...) didnt have the backbone to say no.... .  I suspect they figured that in the long run that they would be protected... .  It turns out that they were.... .

Government outrages like what happened at Ruby Ridge and at Waco are exactly why lots of people hate the government.   The fact is that we live in an imperfect world full of imperfect people.   Some of them with even murder for Uncle Sam... .

Never believe that government is always right and justified in what they choose to do... . It aint so.   From my perspective, the last people that i ever want to come to see me is the dammed US Attorney or (....God forbid...) the FBI... .  The sad truth is the Uncle Sam and some of his apparatchiks look a lot like Uncle Joe Stalin and his inner circle from time to time... .  

Do i think they are all that way?... No.... .  Do i believe that they are enough of them to be noticeable?... Yeah... . Sadly.

leroy

• Like 6