Three Russian Warships Approaching Syria, China Joins the Party

Everybody wants to go to heaven, but no one wants to die.

Stupid decision on Obamas part, but we put every one of those jack wads in office who will be giving him approval to proceed. With the actions of the Chinese and Russians, we now have a d*ck measuring contest on our hands and I don't trust our "Leaders" to make the best decision concerning the interest of the people of the US of A. Edited by LINKS2K
  • Like 3

Blame it on

A. Bush
B. Congress
C. Tea Party
D. You're a cracker!
E. All of the above

Seriously, why are we getting involved in Syria's civil war?
BHO is in way over his head!

I blame it on the entities who enjoy selling machines of war and their lobbyist. Obama is nothing more than a puppet. I never agreed with the people who said that Obama would destroy this country. This decision could very well bring those views to fruition.
  • Like 1

Well folks, In all reality I see where Russia is coming from and I think this is payback for Afghanistan back in the 70's when we sent arms and trainers to Afghanistan and they Kicked Russia out of that country. Now Russia has a new leader with a long memory since he was back then a commander in the Russian Army that was in Afghanistan when we sent that help in. Putin is not going to back down on this issue and if Obama and our Congress so stupid as to begin WWIII over this then I say we are in deep Sh--t.  Putin is not going to alow the Americans to embarrass him again...........JMHO

• Like 2

There's absolutely no reason for us to even get involved.  On the one hand, there are the rebels, who are anti US, on the other, there is the Govt, who is anti US...and they are killing each other...whats the bad ,side of this?   Its a win win for us either way.

• Like 4
Guest ThePunisher

Putin is not going to back down on this issue and if Obama and our Congress so stupid as to begin WWIII over this then I say we are in deep Sh--t. 

We've been in deep Sh## the last four and half years, and the smell is becoming more malodorous each day.

Where were you guys when we invaded Iraq and then Afghanistan? I don't understand why we have any interest at all in the middle east.

I've yet to hear what a win is supposed to look like in any of these countries.

I have to admit Iraq and Afghanistan looked different to me. Afghanistan: we had just been attacked on our own soil. I was all for making a lake over there where bin laden was. Iraq: evil dictator providing safe harbor to terrorist with baggage from the 1st gulf war. Its possible the WMDs from iraq went to syria. Looking back... Yeah, could have been done different. We lost our objective.

Syria though feels different to me. We're sticking our nose into a civil war with no clear reason. We have no objective to begin with (at least no honorable ones). On top of that, our allies are not with us. I'd rather put our troops and capabilities on the border and seal that puppy.
The US keeps messing around in the middle east....we may some day lose an aircraft carrier! Sad if it's over money, power, control and a civil war we have no business being involved with. What would make the politicians strike an enemy to help another enemy? Could it be natural resources. I believe Kissinger once said "strange bedfellows" when describing the relationship between Russia and China concerning middle east. US politicians and the Syrian rebels, strange bedfellows???

I have to admit Iraq and Afghanistan looked different to me. Afghanistan: we had just been attacked on our own soil. I was all for making a lake over there where bin laden was. Iraq: evil dictator providing safe harbor to terrorist with baggage from the 1st gulf war. Its possible the WMDs from iraq went to syria. Looking back... Yeah, could have been done different. We lost our objective.

Syria though feels different to me. We're sticking our nose into a civil war with no clear reason. We have no objective to begin with (at least no honorable ones). On top of that, our allies are not with us. I'd rather put our troops and capabilities on the border and seal that puppy.

I'm still for making ground zero ocean, but we don't collectively have the stomach for it. Weren't the 9/11 offenders mostly from the United Arab Emirates? Why haven't we bombed them?

I guess there's a lot I don't understand about diplomacy, foreign relations, etc., but if we attack a country, I believe we should do so with overwhelming force, and win a short and decisive victory. If it isn't worth going "all in", it isn't worth doing in my opinion.

I do not have a son in the military, but I do have two sons quickly approaching the age to be, and I surely wouldn't want this Muslim president sending them into harm's way simply to improve his poll numbers. The same goes for George Bush, or any other politician for that matter.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 1

I'm still for making ground zero ocean, but we don't collectively have the stomach for it. Weren't the 9/11 offenders mostly from the United Arab Emirates?

No. From Bin Laden and Khalid Sheikh Mohammed on down through the hijackers themselves, seems only two were. Most of the actual hijackers were Saudi.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

I prefer lock n' load. Cause if this starts world war 3, we will be invaded this time around, instead of fighting om foreign shores. Tapatalk ate my spelling.

I agree with what you're saying Spots, but I think there's already a lot of invaders already here and the war over here would break out in our streets in hours. I could be wrong, but it seems to me every corner store and every motel is owned by them and they're hundreds of thousands of those alone.

The Indians (from India) have cornered the motel industry. Seriously, they own about 60% of them, and many if not most are named Patel.

- OS

I have become a fairly good friend with and indian from New Deli India that owns a Shell market up the street from my house. We talk often. I found out something I didn't know during some general conservation. He runs and operates the shell with his family but the Government of India actually own the business. He is paid a salary to take care of his family and all profits got to India. He said that is the way most of the Indian businesses are operated. I would guess that would include the motels but not sure.

I agree with what you're saying Spots, but I think there's already a lot of invaders already here and the war over here would break out in our streets in hours. I could be wrong, but it seems to me every corner store and every motel is owned by them and they're hundreds of thousands of those alone.

Aren't most Indians Hindus, Buddhists, or maybe Sikhs? I'm not sure we are at war with them.

I have a son sitting over there on a ship. I have another son that has already been over in that region, and with all probability be going back in December if not sooner. They put their lives on the line for the American people, and our freedom. Personally I don't give a rats a#s  about those people over there. Or what they do to each other. It is none of our concern. No one else was involved until we stuck our nose into it. Now everybody is getting involved. I say let Israel take the lead. Where is the UN? Isn't this is what they are supposed to do? For some reason the U.S. always sticks it's nose into matters that doesn't concern it or is in the best interest of it's citizens. Now this cluster fluk has gotten way outta hand. I can't see anyway for the U.S. can pull away from this and save face. If we do anything, we quite possibly start WWIII. If we pull out then we become the laughing stock of the entire world. 

• Like 1
Guest ThePunisher

Aren't most Indians Hindus, Buddhists, or maybe Sikhs? I'm not sure we are at war with them.

Doesn't matter, when SHTF and all those sleeper cells come out in the open, anyone who looks like Middle Eastern descent will be sent to their 70 Virgins in a hurry, b/c Americans have a rifle behind every blade of grass and that's when they will pick them up to defend America. The hotel and market businesses will return to American ownership. Edited by ThePunisher