Bought a 4 pack of white T-shirts today...

Peace

...one is for my Grandaddy. It will be under his best suit tomorrow, and I will crack a smile and remember him every time I pull one of the other three out of the drawer. Kind of neat to be able to share one last thing.

93 years old, Army Air Force in WWII, retired firefighter, was a loving husband for 65 years.

When my son and I pluck sweet potatoes out of the ground, peel them with my pocket knife, and savor earth and sun, saying, "How sweet it is!", my heart will be full - knowing that my son is going to be at least a little bit like the great grandad that loved us so well. Edited by Peace
  • Like 7

I remember very little of any of my grandparents. My parents are the

last born, so mine were very old when I was born. I was, am told storys

about them.

Sorry for yalls loss, my prays to you and your family's.

• Like 2
I have lived a similar experience, I came home on leave in 05 for my grandfather's funeral. My granny handed me an unopened package of white Stafford T's he had bought the day before. I have been sleeping in them since then.

It sucks man, I think of him several times a day and you will do the same.
  • Like 1

Condolences to you and your family.  I lost my sole remaining grandparent (grandma) a couple weeks ago, she was 96.  Both of my grandfathers passed before I was born.  My wife's grandfather is still around and I really like the fact that not only do my boys have 2 grandfathers, they also have a great grandfather. 

• Like 1

...one is for my Grandaddy. It will be under his best suit tomorrow, and I will crack a smile and remember him every time I pull one of the other three out of the drawer. Kind of neat to be able to share one last thing. 93 years old, Army Air Force in WWII, retired firefighter, was a loving husband for 65 years. When my son and I pluck sweet potatoes out of the ground, peel them with my pocket knife, and savor earth and sun, saying, "How sweet it is!", my heart will be full - knowing that my son is going to be at least a little bit like the great grandad that loved us so well.

You will also share a lifetime of memories. It looks like there was a lot of love and admiration to remember. God bless you.

That was nice to hear.