Letter to the American people from Vladimir Putin

Thing is, Russia is actually trying (at least in public eye) to do the right thing.  Talk with Syria government and get them to turn over weapons and allow UN inspections.

What Obamma should have done instead of going out and making speeches and trying to get support to pull the trigger was, should have talked with Russia since Russia and Syria are allies and got Russia and USA to jointly have talks with Syria jointly.

This time, I think the American people saw Obamma as a warmonger.

Thing is, Russia is actually trying (at least in public eye) to do the right thing.  Talk with Syria government and get them to turn over weapons and allow UN inspections.

No it isn't. It's just a ploy, Putin gives a crap about "the right thing".

It's just a chess game to keep his port, air space, and landing fields there.

And the chess game has lots of moves, will be a long drawn out affair at best, and will likely never remove all the chem WMDs from circulation.

- OS

• Like 5

We already know that our "leader" is pathetic.  But to have Americans wishing we had leadership like Russia is a new low.  A new low in a long line of new lows.

Funny, new lows are the only thing we still make here in the USA.

Edited by drv2fst
[quote name="vontar" post="1031172" timestamp="1378955470"] Thing is, Russia is actually trying (at least in public eye) to do the right thing. Talk with Syria government and get them to turn over weapons and allow UN inspections. What Obamma should have done instead of going out and making speeches and trying to get support to pull the trigger was, should have talked with Russia since Russia and Syria are allies and got Russia and USA to jointly have talks with Syria jointly. This time, I think the American people saw Obamma as a warmonger.[/quote] Make no mistake, while Putin says "the right things" he in no way cares or is trying to do "the right thing." This is all a matter of self interest and opportunity. Not that I disagree with most of what he says, I just know he's not saying it for the right reasons. At any rate, Putin is playing chess while Obama is playing checkers. At this point, however, there is not a damn thing the administration can do to look better or save face other than admitting that it ain't our business and we're leaving it to the Syrian people and the international community. Obama and Kerry painted themselves into a corner, so all of this nonsense is of their design. Edited by TMF
  • Like 2

We already know that our "leader" is pathetic.  But to have Americans wishing we had leadership like Russia is a new low.  A new low in a long line of new lows.

Funny, new lows are the only thing we still make here in the USA.

I thought that it was just me thinking this. Obama is a lying jack wad, but f*ck Putin and those little sh*tty horses that he rides while making those shirtless gay propaganda PSA's.
  • Like 1
[quote name="LINKS2K" post="1031219" timestamp="1378963777"] I thought that it was just me thinking this. Obama is a lying jack wad, but f*ck Putin and those little sh*tty horses that he rides while making those shirtless gay propaganda PSA's.[/quote] Samantha Bee did a great story on the Daily Show last week where she interviewed a member of a Russian think tank. When she points out that Putin looked like a gay Minotaur who looked like he'd be leading a pride parade I lost it. ETA clip: http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-september-4-2013/russian-diplomacy Edited by TMF
  • Like 1
Guest TankerHC
Two thing I got out of Putins letter thst really mattered. We are still a Super Power and if you make the fatal mistake of attacking Syria, you will have to fight us. Also, it is in the United States best interest to stand down. If that letter really came from Putin, well then he sent a warning to all Americans that our incompetent leader is about to spark a regional war. I say we would not lose but it will not be pretty.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

I thought that it was just me thinking this. Obama is a lying jack wad, but f*ck Putin and those little sh*tty horses that he rides while making those shirtless gay propaganda PSA's.

I don't think anybody is really serious about that. I have the kind of dislike for Obama that's hard to express, just because of it's magnitude. It's natural to praise a guy that's dishing him an ass whipping.

• Like 1

Some mighty interestin words here:

And I would rather disagree with a case he made on American exceptionalism, stating that the United States’ policy is “what makes America different. It’s what makes us exceptional.” It is extremely dangerous to encourage people to see themselves as exceptional, whatever the motivation. There are big countries and small countries, rich and poor, those with long democratic traditions and those still finding their way to democracy. Their policies differ, too. We are all different, but when we ask for the Lord’s blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal.

---Vladimir Putin letter exerpt----

The first one is that ole vladimir is right.  We are not exceptional RE: our foreign policy... We are exceptional (...i believe, at least...) in our oft stated belief (...in lots of locations, at least...) that "we are all created equal"; and are "equal before the law"...

This is something that obama obviously does not believe; nor do most politicians.... Obama is the greatest elitist in modern times (...i believe...)....    Putin may not believe all that "equal stuff"; but he can smell a hypocrite two thirds of the way around the world...  ole vladimir nailed the hypocrite one dead; and by the way, Obama aint the first one... All the "nation building" ones are cut pretty much from the same cloth...

The second one is a great thing... I'm old enough to remember when Alexander Solzhenitsyn, a real Russian hero, wuz booed at Harvard (...A former christian college...) for saying that Mother Russia and it's people were almost exterminated for "...forgetting God...". 

He was dismissed as an ignorant ole man by the Harvard elites; when he, in fact, was the father of the Russian hydrogen bomb and a genius physicist and thinker who survived the russian goulag to boot... He, in fact, wuz "the smartest guy in the room"; but the other "smart guys" disgustingly booed his opinions.... Putin is right to calculate that obama and folks like him are hapless, hopeless, deluded, bratty children; who cannot fathom nor afford to think that there is anything greater in the universe than themselves... They believe, in effect, they are "god".... 

Invoking God is a masterful tactic to give lip service to a concept that the Harvard elites absolutely abhor -- the idea that there are any transcendent principles or Beings that are greater than themselves... This pronouncement both blisters and devastates any counter-arguments they might make; using the very words of this country's founding fathers and The God of the Universe, Himself..  That's exactly what he did. 

I believe Putin full well knows the obama elitist mindset as well as anyone out there.   He masterfully used the words quoted above to win this little discussion before the American people in a walk...   Putin may be an ex-communist, a ruthless murderer, and a demagogue; but he is also done a masterful analysis of the sickening Harvard elitist mindset...

I'm like some other posters here, i don't believe for a second that Putin believes anything he said here; but he did a helluva job sayin it...  He's right (...for the wrong reasons, i believe....); "....Why don't we mind our own damn business for a change....".

Thank you Vladimir; for correcting and co-opting the hapless jackasses that are currently at the head of this country...

Kerry, McCain, and nobama should take a lesson....

leroy

Edited by leroy
  • Like 1

About half of the USA and most of the rest of the world has seen right through Obama's lies and failure as president. Too bad so many voters in America has turned into a bunch of takers. They would rather trade responsibility and freedom for free cell phones and free cheese.

......but the cheese isn't even real. It's imitation colored and flavored.

DaveS

Guest TankerHC

We used to be a Nation that was the exception, making us exceptional. People came from all over the world, legally, through our Ports, not just the Port of New York. People wanted to come here. Our Nation represented freedom to EVERYONE, today we represent more repression than Russia, and the only Immigrants coming here are those who will work until they can get welfare and SS (Illegally), who also DO NOT want to become the Instacitizens our Government wants to make them because then they would actually have to contribute by paying taxes. 

Oh, the games have already begun on his end. Putin has already nixed first UN Security Council draft mentioning force if Assad doesn't meet whatever deadline proposed.

This will turn into an Irani type nuclear materials bait and switch on the chemical weapons stuff regarding letting UN in to find them and etc. And how you'd do that in the middle of a muddled civil war, depending on Assad's army to provide protection, is beyond me.

One analyst was talking today, saying that IF you actually had all the chemical weapons that Assad is projected to have corralled into one place, it would still take at least two years to safely incinerate them.

So I expect this will just turn into a long term back and forth, and if no more chemical attacks happen, will just assume back burner status, and eventually drop off the mainstream radar all together.

- OS

Ii thought that line was the most telling one in the letter.  Sort of leaves him a back door too.

I am just glad we are not shooting missiles yet.

isn't that what politicians do?

In the same manner that lawyers sale their argument? Yes, but their job is to do what the people elected them to

do: use reason, logic and the Constitution to guide them, not trample it.

A salesman uses a can to get consistent, effective results, and a pay check. Maybe I could have used a different

word. Instead of canned, maybe planned response in defense of their actions when the action is inappropriate.

If the game is about appearance, which is something Rush coined a decade or so ago, the appearance is lacking.

Symbolism over substance. That's something an evil person uses to distract from real issues. Real issues from Obama

are only becoming more obvious by the day. Putin has his own self-interests and wishes to lead his country without

interference from us. He has a vested interest in Syria. If you or I were him, would we do different? I doubt it, but that

doesn't mean anything in the way of how America should be led. Just displaying part of his self-interest. Obama dropped

the ball and is trying to pin the blame on everyone else, as usual.

Saying I agree with Putin on this only says I like his leadership style, not that I would want him, but someone with his

character. He plays his cards well. Liberals, on the other hand, play their cards, always by bluffing, without any cards

to play with. Very dangerous.

Rush had an interesting opening dialogue today about his criticism of Putin for saying we shouldn't consider

ourselves exceptional. He did a great job of differentiating between a liberal's point of view about exceptionalism,

along with Putin's. They appear to be very similar.

Putin said that all men are created equal, but stopped at that and then went on to say we shouldn't view ourselves

as exceptional, but if he was genuinely speaking with good towards humanity, he should have pointed out that

exceptionalism doesn't mean God is on our side, or that we are the great ones and they are not, but that we set

ourselves apart in our belief in liberties being granted from God, not government. He had me thinking a bit more

about Putin's response. Rush is absolutely correct. A true American is exceptional, but not from a liberal's viewpoint.

It shows a distinct difference in the viewpoint between Putin, Obama and a true American who loves his freedom.

Perhaps it has more to do with Putin's ideology, considering his geopolitical background. On the other hand, Obama

only has a pitiful version of Marx's ideology and nothing to pin it to, except the donkeys known as Frank Marshall,

Rev. Wright and Saul Alinsky, all communists at heart.

Exceptionalism to me means those people who escaped England and took exception to the King's religion and

oppression, which means they sought the freedom God allowed them to seek by having a brain that recognizes

tyranny.

Edited by 6.8 AR

Remember this:   Putin solved the Islamo troublemakin problem in Chechenia very effectively.  He killed all of 'em he could find after the Beslan School massacre...   He did the Roman thing.... nobody left but widows and small children...   He is a thoroughly serious man....

leroy

Since the end of WWII 68 years ago, the POTUS has been the considered to be the leader of the free world.  Putin has just schooled Obama and will school him again if Obama steps out of line.  Putin is now citing the Pope, striving for peace, and calling for cooperation. Those are the marks of a world leader, regardless of whether he actually believes those things. Obama won't dare step out of line for fear of getting embarrassed even more.

Putin is now the leader of the free world.

God help us all.

Edited by jgradyc

Don't be so sure. Obama knows no bounds when it comes to doing the wrong thing, in front of or not, the teleprompter.

Harboring a false ideology, like he does, only makes it easier to make mistakes. Any ideology that is based on death

as it's premise and final goal will always have cues for the ones paying attention, to see through.

He has already acceded the "leader of the free world" into ashes. I didn't really care for the title that much. I would have

rather seen "the freest among the world" and not necessarily the "leader", except by example. Our fellow global neighbors

don't necessarily want their freedom, or ours. It's their loss, though, whenever we get ours back. I wouldn't go elevating Putin

to that leader status, just yet. He is only serving his own interests. Pretty good chess moves, though.

Putin is a well-oiled political machine of a man. I admire him for having a pair. Make no mistake though, although I agree with him on the Syria business, he's dangerous to US interests. His little NY Times editorial proved that he's more skilled than Obama at the art of misinformation, disinformation, and deception. I reckon he learned a thing or two under Gorbechev when he was Mr. KGB. Putin out played Obama and made his checkmate with the editorial. I guess that's what happens when a skilled leader plays chess with a community organizer with a law degree. All-in-all, it's a sad day when a majority of the United States agrees with the leader of Russia. 

I would have laughed in the face of anyone who would have told me 25 years ago that the leader of Russia could have so easily swayed public perception of our elected leader, swayed "global perception" of our country, and appealed to the "rule of law" because the US wasn't following it.     

Well....  I have finally come to a conclusion in regards to the Obama/Putin verbal sparing.  Since most of us agree with what Putin wrote, and vehemently disagree with own feckless leader's incoherent ramblings, I have concluding that we must be racist.  Damn shame.

Well....  I have finally come to a conclusion in regards to the Obama/Putin verbal sparing.  Since most of us agree with what Putin wrote, and vehemently disagree with own feckless leader's incoherent ramblings, I have concluding that we must be racist.  Damn shame.

If this means I have to ride short horses while shirtless I'm out.