TGO Lowers "what your going to build" "how to build" General discussion thread

Luke E.

When most of them are done, should we get a group pic to send to Feinstein?

One could only hope that upon seeing all of them, she would pass out and hit her head on the corner of a table on her way to the floor then wake up and not remember what a B!+(H she is and turn over a new leaf.... Hey a man can dream can't he? Who am I kidding... stupid is ground into her DNA so she'd just bounce back to where she is now.

One could only hope that upon seeing all of them, she would pass out and hit her head on the corner of a table on her way to the floor then wake up and not remember what a B!+(H she is and turn over a new leaf.... Hey a man can dream can't he? Who am I kidding... stupid is ground into her DNA so she'd just bounce back to where she is now.

Hitting her head on the corner of the table could fix her kind of stupid, but only if she doesn't wake up.

• Like 1

This is my thinking. Obviously the suppressor will be a little while out, and I can't afford S&B glass. But this is the look I'm going for. Good hunting/SD SBR. I will probably part out my current .300 to build this one on the SBR lower and then build the old recievers into something else.

Posted Image

• Like 2

God forbid that would happen (I leave it to the wise to work out which bit I'm referring to). Edited by tnguy

This is my thinking. Obviously the suppressor will be a little while out, and I can't afford S&B glass. But this is the look I'm going for. Good hunting/SD SBR. I will probably part out my current .300 to build this one on the SBR lower and then build the old recievers into something else.

5C7B9FAA-626D-4DA3-8689-4315697B968B-704

I like the looks of that one.

I know a guy in the market for a .300 barrel and gas block.

God forbid that would happen (I leave it to the wise to work out which bit I'm referring to).

I had one thing typed out and then the thought of the NSA "protecting" us rolled through my head so I modified the post. I left it up to you guys to figure it out and it would appear you did so.

5C7B9FAA-626D-4DA3-8689-4315697B968B-704

Cool concept! Maybe we need to do an "NFA/ATF rain dance" to speed up the process.
[quote name="Lumber_Jack" post="1051527" timestamp="1382366087"] Well when I can find(and afford) my Noveske barrel I'll let you know. ;)[/quote]You don't want that Noveske garbage. ;) /JediMindTrick I cant find one in stock either. Edited by JeffL
  • Like 1

If you want a 16", Ranier had some in stock yesterday. Pistol length gas and all!

No way, looking for 8.2" myself. AIM Surplus has some 8.5" Ranier barrels at a good price. Rather have the pinned gas block if I can get it.

Edited by JeffL

Here's something that may be handy for folks about to build a rifle 

http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=47316890&msgid=387669&act=YDC6&c=724433&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ar15.com%2Fgunstruction%2F

ar15.com has built  an "AR 15 3-d builder" with 700+ different parts to choose from. It also adds up your build cost using either MSRP or their regular prices, I didn't pay attention to that. It seems to give a good final rendering of what the gun will look like when completed with your parts in your chosen color.

• Like 1

Here's something that may be handy for folks about to build a rifle 

http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=47316890&msgid=387669&act=YDC6&c=724433&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ar15.com%2Fgunstruction%2F

ar15.com has built  an "AR 15 3-d builder" with 700+ different parts to choose from. It also adds up your build cost using either MSRP or their regular prices, I didn't pay attention to that. It seems to give a good final rendering of what the gun will look like when completed with your parts in your chosen color.

Brownell's has had one for a good while. Hopefully, the Arfcom version is a little better. I'll check it out

OK, help an AR noob out here...

So, as previously stated, I ordered the hat-trick. I am able to start acquiring the other pieces. From what I can tell, the next things to acquire are an armorer's wrench then possibly some pin-punches, the lower kit then the upper kit. Does that sound right?

I *think* I'll probably be going 5.56 (unless someone can tell me better) so I should start acquiring ammo as and when available and look out for deals on magazines.

I have a 2-ton press. Can that be used for many/most/all of the pins?

Thanks