Questioning common core

http://youtu.be/XEQmUnisDEM

This guy is questioning what needs to be questioned, it involves his children's education. Be quiet? Excuse me, that's why he is there! I don't care what is hanging around that punks neck, he grabs me like that for asking a question without getting a response besides laughter, I will have a BIG reason to go to jail, but he will have knots on his &$(*#@ head before so!

I'm glad at least a few people give a damn about what Common Core Curriculum means.

I wish the whole audience got up and assaulted that security fool, because he wasn't doing his job, but the elite's

bidding. And then got pie and through all of them a new smug creamy face. That panel was only a bunch of

condescending fools.

I'm glad at least a few people give a damn about what Common Core Curriculum means.

I wish the whole audience got up and assaulted that security fool, because he wasn't doing his job, but the elite's
bidding. And then got pie and through all of them a new smug creamy face. That panel was only a bunch of
condescending fools.

+1000

Their main objective is to get ALL schools running the same curriculum, the very curriculum that they have control of, mark my words, the day they have everyone on the same page will be the day they start cramming the curriculum full of anti god, gay and lesbian and islamist BS.

I remember hearing that Haslam is on board for CCC. That's something he should be ashamed of, instead of supporting.

Haslam's pick for the head of the TN Department of Education came from the Teach for America Program. So far 60 school systems in the state have voiced complaints about the direction CC is going and the Haslam administration has ignored them. This mess in education in the state started with Bredeson and Haslam has completely bought into it. Haslam needs to go back to Knoxville.

Yeh, Bredesen showed how much he really liked out state. Has he moved back north, yet? He was always a

carpetbagger. Problem with the Republican, he hasn't changed courses, like you say.

Their main objective is to get ALL schools running the same curriculum, the very curriculum that they have control of, mark my words, the day they have everyone on the same page will be the day they start cramming the curriculum full of anti god, gay and lesbian and islamist BS.

Changing the thought patterns of our young people is already happening. They are re-writing the books now to fit the dims way of thinking.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/09/18/School-Textbook-Changes-Constitution

I keep waiting for the day they try to pass a law stating that kids must graduate from a Common Core school to be admitted into a state funded college or university.  You know the end goal is to eliminate home schooling and private Christian schools that aren't pushing the government agenda.  

You think the pro gun lobby is strong in TN...  Try messing with the home school lobby...  They show up in mass ready for a fight, and don't go home until after they've defeated the bad legislation and gotten a pound of of flesh on top of it ;)

We all sit here and whine about bad gun laws...  you'll see *maybe* 10-12 people that head up to the capitol building to annoy legislators about our gun laws during session...  I've seen 50-60 homeschooling parents show up day after day when they have a law being considered.

I keep waiting for the day they try to pass a law stating that kids must graduate from a Common Core school to be admitted into a state funded college or university.  You know the end goal is to eliminate home schooling and private Christian schools that aren't pushing the government agenda.  

Our children are our future and most important asset. They must be protected from the indoctrination being forced on them in public schooling. My son could not afford to have my 5 year old grand son home schooled. He was an unexpected surprise since their other two boys were already grown and gone from the nest. I told my daughter in law to find out how much it would cost for her to home school him and I gave them the money and Logan 5 Year old is now going to be home schooled by her. I will not have Logan in a public school. If home school becomes and issue I will pay for him to attend a Private Christian School.

• Like 1

You think the pro gun lobby is strong in TN...  Try messing with the home school lobby...  They show up in mass ready for a fight, and don't go home until after they've defeated the bad legislation and gotten a pound of of flesh on top of it ;)

We all sit here and whine about bad gun laws...  you'll see *maybe* 10-12 people that head up to the capitol building to annoy legislators about our gun laws during session...  I've seen 50-60 homeschooling parents show up day after day when they have a law being considered.

I myself and two younger sisters were home schooled, the youngest never attended public school the next attended public school until 3rd grade and I home schooled through high school. What you say is right, while I don't know if you would consider them lobbyist, home school parents can make themselves very annoying to any person(s) that try to interfere with their way of doing things. There is absolutely no logical or legitimate reason for anyone to ever bother home schoolers, they score exceptionally high throughout elementary and high school and a very very large percentage go on not only to attend college but score very high marks. The only reason any citizen or lawmaker ever has had or ever will have for harassing home school families is that they don't have that extra control over them. I've heard some normally very conservative people state that they cannot find anything wrong with what common core teaches but I say they are very short sighted because it's not what is currently common core but rather what it's going to have in it. Like someone else mentioned above, if they can get their hooks sunk in good over the next year or two, within 10yrs there will be a mandate that you must comply in order to attend a state college and they will find a way to diminish the value of any  college not requiring the same. My wife and I do not have children yet but were already trying to figure out a way to ensure that they can attend private school. It makes me sick knowing that we HAVE to pay taxes that go straight towards the indoctrination of children even if mine are in private school. I'm not saying that in a 'i'm paying for private school so I shouldn't have to pay that tax' kinda way but rather a 'I don't want to contribute to the indoctrination of others children' kinda way. The whole thing is disgusting.

• Like 1

That's already part of the Common Core guidelines, from what I understand. Even home schoolers will have to pass the

same guidelines to graduate.

Watching that made me angry. It would have been sweet if 2 or three bruisers had gotten up and told that jackwagon with the badge that he'd be making a trip to the hospital if he put his hands on anyone else, the guy asking questions included, and then backed up their words.

Watching that made me angry. It would have been sweet if 2 or three bruisers had gotten up and told that jackwagon with the badge that he'd be making a trip to the hospital if he put his hands on anyone else, the guy asking questions included, and then backed up their words.

AMEN to that!

We don't have any kids yet and quite frankly the way things seem to be headed, I'm not sure its the best idea right now, but watching stuff like this and reading other articles about revisionist history make me want to find some of the old textbooks we had growing up and stow them away in case we do end up having kids.  They may not have been the best either, but they were damn better than what they seem to be trying to teach kids now.

A lot of :tinfoil: out there about Common Core.

Its a base core of standards by grade level.

Local school boards select the means to reach those base standards.

Local school boards are not restricted from selecting a curriculum that will go above those base standards.

--------

The Real Problem within this state is Governor Haslam's selection of Kevin Huffman as the Commissioner of the Tennessee Department of Education.

Huffman is an arrogant SOB.

Edited by DMark

Local school boards are not restricted from selecting a curriculum that will go above those base standards.

--------

The Real Problem within this state is Governor Haslam's selection of Kevin Huffman as the Commissioner of the Tennessee Department of Education.

Quiet you.  We've got a perfectly good lather worked up here.  Don't go bringing up facts. :shhh:

--------

I wouldn't call it tinfoil, I'd call it concern and I, personally, think it's justified. You're right about it being base standards but those standards may not be the standards shared by the folks in your community. The feds have been trying to get "tolerance" training into schools and now they can. Their version of tolerance is for Muslims but not Christians or Jews. It's for the LGT rainbow community but not for conservatives. It's for pro abortion groups but not pro life organizations. It's for government assistance and aid but not for self-reliance and personal responsibility. That's the core of standards the feds believe in and our schools will have to tow the line.

Nothing in the United States Constitution gives the Federal Government any power or any voice over education. I think the DoE is unconstitutional and should be abolished.

..... It's for the LGT rainbow community but not for conservatives. It's for pro abortion groups but not pro life organizations. It's for government assistance and aid but not for self-reliance and personal responsibility. That's the core of standards the feds believe in and our schools will have to tow the line.

Please provide the exact and factual common code standards that require what you are suggesting. 

I'll help you out...., here is the complete curriculum so that you can research it. 

http://www.tncurriculumcenter.org/common_core

I have read the entire common core and there isn't anything in it that does what you are accusing. 

And BTW - - - Common Core was developed by the states, Not the Feds.