Stupid stuff you have seen other people do.

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

OK, there's the Stupid Stuff you have done thread, which I am not done posting in. How about "stupid stuff you have watched other people do"? Not on youtube or online somewhere else or on TV. Things that happened while you were standing right there that made you go "oh shit! Is he still alive?". That sort of thing.

Funniest one was my wife, way back when,  who isn't in the stupid category in any way, but.....

We rented an old decrepit farmhouse for three years or so, and the upstairs had a big flat ceiling type door that sealed it off before top of the stairs for winter when you didn't want to heat it with wood stove.

For some reason she didn't think about it being closed at the time, and she went tearing up the stairs to get something while talking to me at same time  and, whammo! And she came tumbling back down the stairs ass over teakettle.

Once she ascertained she wasn't dead or maimed, she started laughing hysterically as did I.

- OS

• Like 1

I have so many stories about hanging out at boat ramps.  Forgot drain plug, forgot to untie boat from trailer, didn't know how to back trailer, ran boat into back of truck, tried to take off full throttle with motor trimmed up, I could go on.  If you ever need something to do on a busy weekend just park at a busy boat ramp and watch the show.

• Like 1

I have so many stories about hanging out at boat ramps.  Forgot drain plug, forgot to untie boat from trailer, didn't know how to back trailer, ran boat into back of truck, tried to take off full throttle with motor trimmed up, I could go on.  If you ever need something to do on a busy weekend just park at a busy boat ramp and watch the show.

I watched a drunk guy load a very new Ranger into the back of a full size Bronco. He yelled out "when in doubt, pin it!" Prior to embedding it into the bronco.
Guest Lowbuster
While working at Lowes I had a man ask me for washers for a washer less faucet, ask to have an 80 ft 2x4 delivered, had a man set on a display toilet and do his business, people would come into the store and take things from the shelf and take it to return desk and get a card, then go shopping. You name it it happened.
When I was a kid my friend and I dared each other to ride our bikes down a long steep hill with our eyes closed. I figured if I looked he wouldn't know because his eyes were closed. When he started veering off the road I couldn't say anything cause he would know I was looking. Damn, he almost missed that mailbox.
Guest ThePunisher
When I was watching the Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi say "we've got to pass the Obamacare Bill so that they would know what's in the bill". Dumbest thing I've ever heard from a Congressional representative at the time, but now they all say stupid things, especially King Big Ears if he doesn't have his telepromter.

I work at walmart, See stupid stuff all the time. When I worked at lowe's, Saw the same stuff going on as Lowbuster did, only at my store.

And since i ride atvs, I have come across some "really not thinking at the time" people. A lot off accidents that could have been avoided if they had: 1) worn a helmet, 2) slowed down, 3) not been drinking, 4) used some common sense.

One friend of mine was loading his atv into the back of his (brand new dodge ram), Loaded it but forgot to put a stop between his front bumper and the back glass of his truck. Shattered the glass. Costly mistake but least he had insurance.

I see this quite often in Orlando. It's usually a hispanic family.

hold-mattress-on-car_zpsf8da897c.jpg

Hispanics also love to tow vehicles with their personal cars. I've seen Honda Civic's towing Ford F-250's using a piece of crappy rope.

Also, the power at various traffic lights tends to got out here semi regularly. Apparently I'm the only person in Orlando who knows this should be treated as a 4 way stop rather than the Daytona 500. I hate this city.

Once while working at Aubreys in Knoxville I had a group of guys come in on a Friday night. They walked right past the hostess and sat themselves at our biggest table. There were only 4 of them.

Being the unlucky bastard that night, they picked my section. When taking their order one of the guys pointed to the heading on the menu that said "burgers and sandwiches" and said "I'll have that".... I was temped to ring in every item under that section just to be a dick. I honestly think he was illiterate and those guys had never been to a sit down restaurant in their lives. 

Setting: Gay Johnson's Truck stop (in 1989, before it was bought and refurbished by Flying J), Rawlins, Wyoming after a blizzard (which closed I-80 for three days).

One of the last guys to make it into the truck stop before the interstate closed had fought heavy slush and snow for several miles and, after sitting for three days at sub-zero temps, his trailer brakes were frozen solid. From somewhere he came up with a propane weed burner and was under his trailer thawing out his brakes. That wasn't the stupid part. The stupid part was when he turned his head and started talking to someone at the back of the trailer and didn't notice that the weed burner was no longer warming his brakes so much as heating up his right front inside dual.

When the tire blew... well, let's just say that it wasn't pretty and instead of being delayed by three days and a few hours, he was delayed considerably longer with an extended hospital stay.

Edited by Timestepper

I torched an exhaust clamp off a car. The guy next to me caught a red hot piece that fell off.

Ive seen 2 or 3 drop orange to yellow hot steel in the forge out of their tongs and catch it on the way down.

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

Voting for Obama not only once but twice.....

I predict this post from nra37922 will be the most liked post ever on TGO.

Had to stop a guy from cutting a hole in a flat roof with a sawzaw of a building we were installing a rooftop HVAC unit on, he was standing in the hole he was cutting out. I had a little dark temptation to let him continue but I couldn't let him get hurt.

Edited by K191145
  • Like 1

Ive seen 2 or 3 drop orange to yellow hot steel in the forge out of their tongs and catch it on the way down.

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

Similiar story. Firing line with crew served weapons. Once complete, picking up weapons with right hand on the carrying handle and left on the barrel. For a second or two at least.

Edited by Daniel

Saw a <state of origin deleted> State Trooper actively texting while he passed me on a rural 4 lane highway. A quarter mile further down the road I saw him rear end another vehicle that had slowed to make a left turn. When I stopped on the shoulder and walked back to offer assistance, I was told that the best way for me to "assist" was to get my lying, air polluting, semi driving ass on down the highway before I was ticketed for causing an obstruction to traffic.

I've seen people start to walk downrange while others are actively shooting. Doubt I'm the only one here to witness that though.

Seen someone use a can of starter fluid to try and set off a potato gun. Then when the can caught fire throw it, right under the diesel tank on a truck. Luckily the can didn't explode.