Season 4

Oh Shoot

The show may have a loose grasp on science, and it may play games with sticking to it's guns, but it has a habit of creating interesting moral situationsT from which to show character development. 

This is what keeps it interesting and makes some episodes (and I feel this last one) epic. I kinda compare it to Breaking Bad in that regard. The character development is used to build those moral situations and you find yourself pulling for them to make the right decision and then they surprise you or make you cringe when they make those difficult decisions that can only occur in that type of survival/lawless situation.

So far I feel that Daryl and Carol are two of the strongest characters on the show. Not from a 'badass' point of view, but in the terms to which the writers have decided to fill out their background, and show their personal growth through the post apocalypse world. Carl is still a whiny kid, Rick is still the hero archetype. Carol went from meek abused housewife to alpha survivor with a clear survival compass and Daryl went from white ghetto trash to ZPAW Robin Hood.

Think about the other main characters, we know nothing about Glenn or Maggie preZPAW, nothing about Beth, Tyrese or  Sasha. We have been given a brief glimpse of Michonne and Bob has stated that he was a medic in the Army. That is it. However we have had it clearly spelled out for us who Rick, Daryl and Carol are.

That is one reason I am pretty confident that those three characters will make it, at least to the end of the season. 

Then again, maybe the reason we know it all is cause they are gonna die. After all, we knew Hershel's background pretty well too.

They make a habit out of surprising you with who can get killed off. Like Lori, Hershel and many others that seemed like integral characters, But that's how it would be in an apocalypse. However, for the purpose of the show, I think they would completely lose the audience if they lost too many of the core characters, at least not until the end.

I would love to see the show go 7, 8 or more seasons to show how "society" progresses many years after the outbreak. However, I am assuming most everyone now will make it to Terminus eventually, and with a name like Terminus I wonder if we can foresee the end coming.

Well, now if we're going to debate fantasy physiology, regardless of Mel's boy's rules, if zeds like to walk into fires, they presumably don't run right back out of it when they are burned from it either, so flesh would be consumed, I would assume to the point of often having no more tendons, ligaments, and muscle to actually further ambulate. And also logically would surely destroy the brain once sufficient internal heat is reached. 

Unless you posit they they can actually burn without flesh being consumed ... which I suppose one could, since they don't decompose either. :)

- OS

i think it was more of a they just walked through it and didn't stop aspect to it. But I chalk the non burnt clothes to the same people who are still mowing their yards.

I think they said on Talking Dead that Terminus was the original name for Atlanta because it was the end of the railroad in the south. It represents "The end of the line".......which is foreshadowing in and of itself. Also could be a plan on the fact that people say even when you die you have to go through Atlanta International Airport.

They have done a good job head faking the comic crowd lately.

There is a point in the comic when Carl offs a younger boy because he kills his own twin during play...basically for the same reason Lizzie kills Mika. They don't see consequences of death because the dead come back as walkers.

When it became apparent that Lizzie was mentally defective, I told my wife that Carol (Carl) would have to kill Lizzie to protect the group just as Carl did the boy in the comic. Then Lizzie seemed to "get it" when she defended Mika against the burnt walkers...at which point I told my wife...we'll, maybe they aren't going the comic route...then a minute or two later...Lizzie has the bloody knife...doh!

Anyway...the second half of this season has been the best since season 1 IMO. The first half sucked though. Something about the whole prison/gov arch just was a huge turn off for me.
  • Like 1
Guest sigequinox

My wife and I are so bored by this show now. Used to be amazing. Season one was really well done. Now it's a bunch of drama and silliness. :(

[quote name="sigequinox" post="1128989" timestamp="1395620517"]My wife and I are so bored by this show now. Used to be amazing. Season one was really well done. Now it's a bunch of drama and silliness. :([/quote] Oh please. Have some patience young man. :p Edited by Capt Sailer
[quote name="buck1032" post="1129075" timestamp="1395631570"]Terminus appears to be a little under defended to me. Unlocked gates, one sole woman as the welcoming party. Interesting....[/quote] She looked awful well fed...... And what exactly was she grilling up.... Someone is going to be yelling - "Its a cookbook!"

My wife and I are so bored by this show now. Used to be amazing. Season one was really well done. Now it's a bunch of drama and silliness. :(

Wow, I thought "Us" really delivered. About as good as any episode ever. Beau coup action from a bunch of different quarters.

I really liked how normal dispatching of the isolated walkers has become ho-hum routine as they travel around contrasted to the still real dangers of being trapped by a group of them.

Etc. Anyway, no complaints tonight.

------

edit: and oh, btw, what was the plant Daryl uprooted from the side of the tracks, didn't understand the word he said?

edit 2: found a recap, he said "claimed", and they said it was a strawberry plant, but looked to me like had one big red fruit size of small tomato. Whatever.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

She looked awful well fed...... And what exactly was she grilling up.... Someone is going to be yelling - "Its a cookbook!"

My first thoughts!!!!  What is she cooking???

hmmmmm, whats the title of that cookbook?

CANNIBAL_COOKBOOK.jpg

Terminus is gonna be jacked up in some way, form, or fashion. I would be willing to put money on it. Did anybody else notice in the season finale sneak peak at the end of last nights episode that Rick seams to get into some kind of trouble. In one clip you can see he is bleeding and roughed up pretty good.

Terminus is gonna be jacked up in some way, form, or fashion. I would be willing to put money on it. Did anybody else notice in the season finale sneak peak at the end of last nights episode that Rick seams to get into some kind of trouble. In one clip you can see he is bleeding and roughed up pretty good.

Rick has went full bore dumbass as of late.  When is he not broken and bleeding?  

• Like 1

Rick has went full bore dumbass as of late.  When is he not broken and bleeding?  

True. I'm just curious as to what it is this time lol.

Poor Daryl has no clue the man his group is hunting down is Rick. That will be interesting when they reach Terminus