.22lr 525 bulk packs at Wally Murfreesboro

The problem is, the Carnie Gypsy resellers are 20 long in line. The guy straight up said " only 4 boxes". And the all left but about 5 guys. They are putting it out at 8:30 and this was at 6:30. That is insane. I refuse to participate. One guy tried bribing the guy and the worker turned it down. I'm glad I'm not trapped in that. I hope they all go to jail for not paying tax on their profits they make. Sickening to folks like us who actually shoot!

It is not worth the wait for me either... I always kept enough in stock. Now here is something interesting... A major gun store in the Nashville area told me this in July or so .... " we buy from the trusted Walmart folks because we can't even get it". I am sure that they still do too. So what that means is the Gypsy has to mark it up some for the gun store to tack some on to that, then making it more expensive. I hate to say it, but the people who shop in this particular place don't mind over paying. I swear I think people who shop in these places don't have internet and don't know what market value is. 

The first guy to show up brought the Walmart guy a pie from somebody he knew. It was like they were either related or knew each other very well. Although a nice gesture, and I am sure it was legit based on the " this is from Nelly" or whatever... I am 100% convinced that the Walmart ammo is a corrupt deal. I am sure it is. I have seen so much sketchy stuff in walmart ammo sections. I am just not that desperate. Don't need it.

Why doesn’t Wal-Mart just put the stuff out whenever it comes in or randomly throughout the day? That would pretty much end the lines and give the rest of us a chance. I know this isn’t a big enough deal for the higher ups to even is aware of, but you would think the store Managers see what’s going on.

Hopefully this cold weather will break the cycle. Fewer people shooting and continued supply may leave the gougers unable to restock. Once ammo stays on the shelves, it's game over for them.

I hope when it happens all the gougers are stuck holding the bag on a bunch of ammo and have to sell it at a loss or just sit on it...........jmho

You can bet most managers know this is taking place and just not important enough for them to get involved. Most of them probably are anti gun people anyway and don't really care about what is going on.........jmho

Anti-gun or not the average walmart does about 70+ million dollars in sales a year. I highly doubt that a few thousand dollars worth of ammunition a year is a very high priority in the scheme of $70 million.

Most of them probably are anti gun people anyway and don't really care about what is going on.........jmho

What in the world would make you think that “most” store managers of a company that sells guns and is probably the largest supplier of ammunition in the world would be anti-gun???
  • Like 1

Anti-gun or not the average walmart does about 70+ million dollars in sales a year. I highly doubt that a few thousand dollars worth of ammunition a year is a very high priority in the scheme of $70 million.

I bet a few thousand wouldn’t put a dent in what most Wal-Mart stores do in ammunition sales. I would also bet they are the largest single customer of a few ammo companies.

I bet a few thousand wouldn’t put a dent in what most Wal-Mart stores do in ammunition sales. I would also bet they are the largest single customer of a few ammo companies.

I was referring to 22lr exclusively and was a slight hyperbole. However I would say that with the availability of 22lr the last year I'm sure it's only a fraction of a fraction of a percent across all 22lr skus

I don't think stuff comes in randomly at WM. WM is all about inventory control. I'm sure everything is timed so that stuff coming in and having staff there to stock shelves is well coordinated.

I agree with the other post.... Put it out randomly... For what little inventory ammo is, they could easily do it. They post the time they put it out at Murfreesboro.... That doesn't help.

If they were interested, there would be other ways they could do it also such as pre-ordering. I am sure they are hoping that this ceases to be an issue soon as much as we are. I know the guy at my local Wal-mart made some comments that indicated that he was getting pissed off at constantly being asked if they had 22 in.

Unfortunately, I believe it's possible that the supply of ammo...all ammo, may be going down...and the prices may be going up. That reasoning comes from the news that the last lead plant in the US has closed down, or will close down soon. Without lead, here at home, we're either going to have to import it, or shoot some material other than lead. Supply and demand dictates that when there is a scarcity of any commodity, the price goes up. Just stop and think...how much were we paying for gasoline ten years ago...twenty years ago? 

While there are some that are probably buying purposefully to resale, there are many more that are buying to shoot, or to put a couple of boxes back in case the supply dries up completely. I buy .22LR at the Murfreesboro WM on Old Fort, and "never" have seen any hint of corruption or favoritism charged by the poster serbu50. And yes, to get ammo, you have to get there early and stand in line. I don't buy .22 LR to resale it. But, I can understand that if I were going to resale a box, I wouldn't sale it for the same price as WM...after standing line for three hours to get it. 

I wish the shelves were full, and we all could get all we wanted... and the prices were lower. But, frankly, I think we'll see that later, rather than earlier. I think it's going to be more like months, rather than weeks, before we see the supply improve...and I doubt we'll ever see those "falling prices" on ammo at Wal-Mart.

• 3 weeks later...