Just asked for my permit....by a civilian

Spots

Look guys, I was merely trying to prevent this man from scaring the good citizens. I had assumed that he would tremble in awe at the sight of my badge. Unfortunately this one was hardened to the sight of the badge. I can only assume that he has been in this position before with his blatant and nonchalant disregard for my legitimate concern. I am glad that he involved other forms of enforcement, such as police officers, as they merely came to me to thank me for a job well done. All in a days work for all us vigilant HCP badge holders. All in a days work. Now, back to my BigMac.

That is all. 

;)

• Like 1
Best I can figure he was either fishing or an idiot. He was very calm, and I took the Marine mindset of "Be polite, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet". I was polite but firm, and finally stepped out of the truck when he acted like he was getting upset. I was calmer than normal as I didnt want to beat some dude to death with the 8 lb sledge laying in the floorboard the day after Christmas. Call it my holiday spirit i guess. I figured he was fishing and got upset that I didnt pull the rifle out of the case or act intimidated so that he could steal something. Oh well. Chalk up to weirdness. The responding LEO is a friend of mine so Ill ask him later what happened after I left.

This can happen if you make a steady diet of McDonald's menu. Eat at Subway. :squint: [url="http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/12/26/mcdonald-shuts-down-employee-site-following-postings-that-told-workers-to-avoid/?intcmp=latestnews"]http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/12/26/mcdonald-shuts-down-employee-site-following-postings-that-told-workers-to-avoid/?intcmp=latestnews[/url]
I don't eat much fast food, and would have normally went in, but I was in a hurry due to work. Tapatalk ate my spelling.
  • Like 4
[quote name="R_Bert" post="1084551" timestamp="1388094333"]You need to eat better than that ! So, now, which McCraps was it, and what did you order ? We need details ****it!![/quote] It was the one at the green bridge in Clinton. And I ordered 2 Mchikens, I guess I forgot to tell them to leave off the side of asshole that came with it lol Tapatalk ate my spelling.
  • Like 7

I guess a guy buys a badge and he is automatically a law enforcement officer..........I hope the real LEO's took his toy badge away from him for impersonating an LEO and took him to jail.............jmho

Yeah, I'd really like to know what the outcome of the conversation was with the guy and the LEO.  The whole thing sounds really F'd up. 

[quote name="itchytriggerfinger" post="1084555" timestamp="1388094768"]Yeah, I'd really like to know what the outcome of the conversation was with the guy and the LEO. The whole thing sounds really F'd up. [/quote] Just got off the phone with the responding LEO. It was a fishing trip. This guy has been caught with stolen goods before and served time for theft. He said they had complaints on him a few times in the last few weeks doing the same thing to people either open carrying or with long guns or gun cases visible. They haven't been able to do anything to him other than warn him because he is playing stupid and playing thengood citizen. He never represented himself as an LEO so no impersonation charges can be filed. Basically hes a scum bag they can't touch. Doesn't even have a hcp. So watch yourselves Gents. They have a new game. Cop said I did the right thing by remaining calm and non-confrontational and not showing him the long gun to give him a target to look for. Tapatalk ate my spelling.
  • Like 4

Just got off the phone with the responding LEO. It was a fishing trip. This guy has been caught with stolen goods before and served time for theft. He said they had complaints on him a few times in the last few weeks doing the same thing to people either open carrying or with long guns or gun cases visible. They haven't been able to do anything to him other than warn him because he is playing stupid and playing thengood citizen. He never represented himself as an LEO so no impersonation charges can be filed. Basically hes a scum bag they can't touch. Doesn't even have a hcp. So watch yourselves Gents. They have a new game. Cop said I did the right thing by remaining calm and non-confrontational and not showing him the long gun to give him a target to look for. Tapatalk ate my spelling.

Makes me wonder what his plan was, and if he was working alone or with someone else to follow/steal.

• Like 1

It was the one at the green bridge in Clinton. And I ordered 2 Mchikens, I guess I forgot to tell them to leave off the side of asshole that came with it lol Tapatalk ate my spelling.

No, they can't leave that off. The McChicken has plenty of asshole ground up in it along with chicken lips and toenails.

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 1
[quote name="Runco" post="1084561" timestamp="1388096608"]So do I win a prize of having guessed the intent?[/quote] Sure. A shiny new HCP badge is on its way

No, they can't leave that off. The McChicken has plenty of asshole ground up in it along with chicken lips and toenails.
Yeah yeah. I normally take my lunch, but working long hours and waking up late means I swung by for something cheap and fast today Tapatalk ate my spelling.

While this incident seems to be resolved, I'd just point out that I never travel anywhere with a visible gun case in my car or truck. I just toss a blanket or jacket over the case. 

I also have tinted windows on my vehicles so it would be almost impossible to for anyone to see inside without putting their face against the glass.  Anyway, congrats to the OP for called the LEOs in on this one.

[quote name="jgradyc" post="1084590" timestamp="1388103287"]While this incident seems to be resolved, I'd just point out that I never travel anywhere with a visible gun case in my car or truck. I just toss a blanket or jacket over the case. I also have tinted windows on my vehicles so it would be almost impossible to for anyone to see inside without putting their face against the glass. Anyway, congrats to the OP for called the LEOs in on this one.[/quote] Well I was wearing my jacket since its been cold all day, and I work outside. I've never felt the need to cover a case. And its not like I can hide a full size m14 in a regular cab dodge dakota. It won't fit behind the seats. And normally I'm not out of sight of my truck on the jobsite anyways, so I never worried about it. I figured when the guy noticed the case he was gonna ask what it was, or if I had been hunting. Its a fairly small rural town, so not unusual to see long guns in windows or seats, especially during deer season Tapatalk ate my spelling.

Just got off the phone with the responding LEO. It was a fishing trip. This guy has been caught with stolen goods before and served time for theft. He said they had complaints on him a few times in the last few weeks doing the same thing to people either open carrying or with long guns or gun cases visible. They haven't been able to do anything to him other than warn him because he is playing stupid and playing thengood citizen. He never represented himself as an LEO so no impersonation charges can be filed. Basically hes a scum bag they can't touch. Doesn't even have a hcp. So watch yourselves Gents. They have a new game. Cop said I did the right thing by remaining calm and non-confrontational and not showing him the long gun to give him a target to look for.

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

Thanks for the follow up spots. It's amazing how bold these people are getting. You used to have to go to the bad part of town see crap like that. Now being watchful and aware even in our own neighborhoods and yards is the smart thing to do.

I was calmer than normal as I didnt want to beat some dude to death with the 8 lb sledge laying in the floorboard the day after Christmas. Call it my holiday spirit i guess. .

Dude, Spots. That is simply the most epic thing I have ever heard...Er, read.

27 internets to Spots with a bonus awarded for excellence.

:rofl: :rofl:
  • Like 2
This guy was either crazy or had balls so large he walks bow legged. If I was shady, didn't know spots and saw him out a target is the last thing you could paint him.

This guy was either crazy or had balls so large he walks bow legged. If I was shady, didn't know spots and saw him out a target is the last thing you could paint him.

Yup. I met Spots awhile back and at first thought "he's not so big."

Then I got closer and realized "actually, we're about the same height"

Then I got closer and realized "holy sh;t he's sitting down! Cross legged!"

But seriously, Spots is a big dude. Actually, I'm a big dude. Spots is a freaking human mountain.
  • Like 3
[quote name="TrickyNicky" post="1084611" timestamp="1388106187"]Dude, Spots. That is simply the most epic thing I have ever heard...Er, read. 27 internets to Spots with a bonus awarded for excellence. :rofl: :rofl:[/quote]It is what I felt like doing. I had that little short 8 lb hammer laying in the floorboard where I could grab it. It kinda chills there alot. It seemed like a better alternative to shooting the guy :)

I'm thinking probably drugs and ballsy. He figured I would react differently when he flipped his "badge" out and assume he was an LEO. He got more aggressively postured and vocal when I kept refusing. Until I got out of the truck, and at that point I was done ####ing around. I firmly told him to leave me alone, and he did. Which is good because I was about done telling him anything

Yup. I met Spots awhile back and at first thought "he's not so big."Then I got closer and realized "actually, we're about the same height"Then I got closer and realized "holy sh;t he's sitting down! Cross legged!"But seriously, Spots is a big dude. Actually, I'm a big dude. Spots is a freaking human mountain.
I am not that big lol. But I think alot of it was I was sitting down in a truck and eating so he figured I was distracted, and its hard to tell size in a vehicle most of the time.

he bent my picnic table. and left a nickel behind. I still have it. Afraid to spend it.
You go ahead and spend that nickle. Just don't spend it all in one spot lol. And I didnt know I bent your table, my bad lol.

Wow. Never heard of that approach.Of all people to approach in a setup like that, you'd be pretty low on the list.
My guess is thats his "area". He saw me eating and playing on my phone and thought I was distracted. He acted suprised that I was looking at the window waiting on him when he cleared the side of my truck. I guess he is used to people who aren't remotely aware of their surroundingsTapatalk ate my spelling. Edited by Spots
  • Like 1