North and South!!!!!

bersaguy

Well I have been doing some reading and it looks like the South is winning the war this time.  So far the Yankee unions are not allowed in the any Auto plants south of Mason / Dixon line and ahve to get in all of them and to date the Yankees have lost at least 5 Firearms companies to South or southwestern States. Don't look to good for the Yankees right now huh? They also didn't get into the Boeing Plant when they tried to force their way into South Carolina Boeing Plant  .......................jmho

• Like 5
It’s sad to see the kind of hate we see here and it’s okay because we put a Northern/Southern label on it.

I hate to break it to those that are living in the past (that they obviously know little about) and so filled with hate that they truly want another civil war; but there is no North and South anymore.

If there is another civil war I can assure you that you will have your hands full and it won’t be Yankees.
  • Like 1

It’s sad to see the kind of hate we see here and it’s okay because we put a Northern/Southern label on it.

I hate to break it to those that are living in the past (that they obviously know little about) and so filled with hate that they truly want another civil war; but there is no North and South anymore.

If there is another civil war I can assure you that you will have your hands full and it won’t be Yankees.

What "hate" are you speaking of?  No one that I'm aware of is living in the past thinking there will be some great repeat of the of that war. 

The simple fact is there are still significant cultural differences between the South and the north.  I am one of those that lament the decreasing uniqueness and individuality of my culture.

• Like 11

It’s sad to see the kind of hate we see here and it’s okay because we put a Northern/Southern label on it.I hate to break it to those that are living in the past (that they obviously know little about) and so filled with hate that they truly want another civil war; but there is no North and South anymore.If there is another civil war I can assure you that you will have your hands full and it won’t be Yankees.

I don't post a lot, under 1,000 in 6 years, but even I have to ask: WTF are you talking about? Labor Unions are most certainly a "Northern" thing for the most part. And if there is no North or South, how the hell does my compass work?
  • Like 3

It’s sad to see the kind of hate we see here and it’s okay because we put a Northern/Southern label on it.I hate to break it to those that are living in the past (that they obviously know little about) and so filled with hate that they truly want another civil war; but there is no North and South anymore.If there is another civil war I can assure you that you will have your hands full and it won’t be Yankees.

I've spent a lot of time working in the north and the northeast. Don't think for a minute most Yankees won't pile on a southerner and ridicule our accent, food, women, dogs, what they perceive as a lack of education. Just like here, I don't thinks its hate at all, just banter back and forth.

But then again, with all the firearms manufacturers moving south, we just might have the advantage now...LOL. Edited by Randall53

What "hate" are you speaking of?

And yankees still suck.

I am one of those that lament the decreasing uniqueness and individuality of my culture.

And you blame that on the North?

You wanted the manufacturing jobs the North had; you got them. You are celebrating because the Unions took a hit in the South. You see that as a good thing, so why all the hate for the North?

Unless you are talking about the civil war taking slavery away how has the North caused a decreasing uniqueness and individuality of your culture?

There is a litmus test:  How many southerns do you hear flocking to the North, vs. the northerns flocking to the South.  Its not just the weather, but the way of life here is the magnet! 

I just don't like it when northerns poke their nose in the local politics and schools.  They certainly don't like our gun culture here! 

And you blame that on the North?

You wanted the manufacturing jobs the North had; you got them. You are celebrating because the Unions took a hit in the South. You see that as a good thing, so why all the hate for the North?

Unless you are talking about the civil war taking slavery away how has the North caused a decreasing uniqueness and individuality of your culture?

You need to lighten up.

• Like 3
What I cannot figure out is why the northern people come down for our culture then start trying to change it by complaining at all the board and commission meetings! We actually had one say in our county commission meeting that we should be like where she came from. Our commissioner suggested that she go back where she came from since it already had everything in place for her. The look on her face was hilarious!!
  • Like 10

There is a litmus test:  How many southerns do you hear flocking to the North, vs. the northerns flocking to the South.  Its not just the weather, but the way of life here is the magnet!

Yes, but the majority of them are retired and want to come here and tell you how to run the state. (Because old people don’t like change and want things the way they were in their state)

We need manufacturing jobs not retirement communities. I also lived in South Florida and that sucks.

I just don't like it when northerns poke their nose in the local politics and schools. They certainly don't like our gun culture here!

The gun culture part isn’t fair. I came here from Illinois and we all had guns and carried guns in our cars. Although we couldn’t have them loaded. I did and I got arrested for it, but the same thing would have happened here where carrying a loaded gun is a crime.
Guest TankerHC

Chris Matthews is a people?

Huh.  Learn something new every day.

Mark, how can you be at Sea while located on a Mountain?

jk (Just popped into my head when I read your title)

BOT. 

You need to lighten up.

I’m not upset are you? It’s just an observation; the South is full of great people. But I have met many that want to blame all their problems on the North or ‘Yankees”. I’m sorry you couldn’t hang onto the uniqueness and individuality of your culture, if you think that is true. But you can’t blame “Northerners” for that.

I’m not upset are you? It’s just an observation; the South is full of great people. But I have met many that want to blame all their problems on the North or ‘Yankees”. I’m sorry you couldn’t hang onto the uniqueness and individuality of your culture, if you think that is true. But you can’t blame “Northerners” for that.

I'm not upset at all but it's not Southeners that are invading the South.    ;)

• Like 2

Well, I was at sea for many years, and when I first joined TGO.  Had a slight medical issue a couple years ago - well, three years ago now - with my ticker not keeping good time.  That ended my seafaring.  Can't change my user name, though.

Being beached kinda sux.

OTOH, and not referring to the vast majority of my friends here on TGO, I sometimes feel (really feel) the expression 'sea of fools' is more than an expression.  I can even show it to you on a map - looks strangely like the electoral map.

Edited by Mark@Sea
  • Like 1